Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

Like Tree404Likes

Thread: Firearm licencing

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by shift14 View Post
    Not having a dig mate but more funding??, what about using what they get for its given purpose instead of diverting it for other use.

B
    On the nail mate. I have recently sent an email to Nicole McKee asking her to pose some questions to the Minister of Police. No license holder should be adversely impacted by Police inefficiency in processing renewal applications.
    Last edited by Rushy; 22-02-2021 at 06:13 AM.
    cambo and Martin358 like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I recently went through quite extensive medical etc compliance pprocedures for renewing my driving licences at 75. It took only 1 week for Land Transport to complete and post my replacent licence. Something is very disfunctuonal about the police procedures and service deliveries.
    cambo, matagouri and Finnwolf like this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I recently went through quite extensive medical etc compliance pprocedures for renewing my driving licences at 75. It took only 1 week for Land Transport to complete and post my replacent licence. Something is very disfunctuonal about the police procedures and service deliveries.
    Yeah well it's because they don't WANT to issue licenses where as LT are ambivalent and will issue if you meet the legislated criteria
    JessicaChen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NZShoota View Post
    Apparently the police will be using uniformed officers (and marked vehicles) to conduct vetting interviews and security checks to help clear the backlog.
    Jesus wept. Priorities??

B
    outdoorlad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Speill View Post
    I put my renewal in BEFORE lockdown 1. Been interviewed, still waiting. If you paid for this service, you would be complaining. Oh wait, we do pay for this..
    Finally received my new shiny license today. after 11 bloody months of anticipation... At least it is a 10 year license.

Quote Originally Posted by Speill View Post
    Finally received my new shiny license today. after 11 bloody months of anticipation... At least it is a 10 year license.
    Jealous! What really annoys me with my application is watching all of this great weather every weekend come and go while I sit here and twiddle my thumbs waiting.

My licence expires 10/24. Thinking its a good idea to apply for the licence now.
    1 Prob take a year at least to get it.(wont matter if it takes 2)
    2 Wouldnt surprise me if the licence only gets harder and costs more as time goes on so getting in as soon as possible is a good idea.
    3. Heard rumours the Government wants to change it to 5 years and not 10 down the track ....
    4 Got a speeding ticket, 55km in 50 km zone, wait 3 years to do it might have 2, may be deemed not a fit and proper person..........

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    My licence expires 10/24. Thinking its a good idea to apply for the licence now.
    1 Prob take a year at least to get it.(wont matter if it takes 2)
    2 Wouldnt surprise me if the licence only gets harder and costs more as time goes on so getting in as soon as possible is a good idea.
    3. Heard rumours the Government wants to change it to 5 years and not 10 down the track ....
    4 Got a speeding ticket, 55km in 50 km zone, wait 3 years to do it might have 2, may be deemed not a fit and proper person..........
    I've heard of people attempting to apply 1 or 2 years in advance to try and circumvent the delays. Police have refused their applications as being too early. Seems you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Licence expires in 12 days - phoned the arms office to check on whats going on, asked the arms officer what happens when it expires - can I still hunt etc He fobbed off the question with a "hopefully it will be sorted by then, if not call back in 2 weeks..." Best I could get was that I had applied before it expired (applied in early December) so it should be fine...

Lucky I am practicing as often as I can with my Bow....

northdude
    ok a week short of applying last year mine turned up today
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rimubay View Post
    I've heard of people attempting to apply 1 or 2 years in advance to try and circumvent the delays. Police have refused their applications as being too early. Seems you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.
    I wonder if they can actually do that. It's not up to them when you decide to apply. As they are administering the arms act, they need to process the license renewals, which you PAY for.

A good oia request question and something worth contacting act about

I applied a year early feb last year, took around 5 weeks to get into my mit. I told the arms officer I expect the cost to skyrocket and reduce to five years. We had a good chat and laugh about my decision, think the hold ups started later.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    I wonder if they can actually do that. It's not up to them when you decide to apply. As they are administering the arms act, they need to process the license renewals, which you PAY for.

A good oia request question and something worth contacting act about
    Probably not but like the current government they seem content to make things up as they go along. I've thought about an OIA request, but probably best for me not to stir the pot at this point (6 months into renewal process, still no inspection or vetting).

northdude
    They can do as they like theres no opposition
    outlander likes this.

I See Nicole McKee, ACT MP has been rarking up the Police about it.
    Rush likes this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!