Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

Like Tree404Likes

Thread: Firearm licencing

Gone But Not Forgotten
    The delays aren't everywhere, a female friend received her first time licence in just under four weeks.
    Micky Duck likes this.

northdude
    Was she an aussie
    veitnamcam, Slug, Scouser and 5 others like this.

I am currently getting the run around with the Arms office - my licence expires Sunday - no vetting appointments made yet so no way it will be renewed in time. Arms office won't tell me what that means for me from Sunday in terms of pest control on the farm or hunting - I was previously told I could request a letter stating that I had applied on time and it would effectively act as an extension - trying to request the letter and being told oh your application is in process and is just waiting on vetting - so wait for that.
    weathers changing, word has it that a few regions are starting to get the early roars now.... don't want to miss out again!

northdude
    I requested and email saying mine was still valid and they sent me one no problems

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    I See Nicole McKee, ACT MP has been rarking up the Police about it.
    i received an email from nicole yesterday. my issue was that allot of acts policy and reporting was done on facebook only.
    i received confirmation that this would be resolved as i among many refuse to ever use it.
    possibly the first time a politician has actually replied over an issue

Is it a coincidence that people are going through the same rigmarole in Aussie?

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Ring View Post
    The delays aren't everywhere, a female friend received her first time licence in just under four weeks.
    What region?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I applied end of January. Not a peep yet.

Had a change-of-address security inspection recently. Vetting chap (very pleasant and easy to deal with) said he’s currently being sent applications from last June to work through.

He did reckon there had been quite a few delays getting the ‘new’ computer-based system up and running and everyone trained up, but that it was all-go now.

When I was talking to the license people they said not all areas had vetting people and I was lucky cause our area had one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My referees have their interviews at the end of the month. I thought they'd want to see me at the same time, but apparently not.

Latest from Newshub details frustration of game bird hunters. Lolice are saying applications should be made at leadt four months in advance. COLFO is onto it.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    What region?
    Bay of Plenty, which encompasses Tauranga, Rotorua, Taupo and the South Waikato. Young lady lives in the South Waikato.

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    I was talking with a guy who had let his licence expire. He was genuinely surprised when i suggested he best find someone to hold his firearms because at present he was breaking the law , and that could well make him no longer a fit and proper person for his application. Not sure he believed me or not ....
    Fuk pretty soon your going to not be fit and proper if you have dr seuse books or a mister potato head sitting around

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Latest from Newshub details frustration of game bird hunters. Lolice are saying applications should be made at leadt four months in advance. COLFO is onto it.
    here is the article..........

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/rural...ng-season.html