Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

Like Tree404Likes

Thread: Firearm licencing

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsol View Post
    didn't go to a lawyer but have lodged an official complaint to the Independent Police Complaint Authority (which states it can take up to 4 months) - and i'm certain that is the only reason I have now been interviewed as the local arms office phoned to apologize and the vetter phoned me to say she had been instructed to urgently conduct my interviews / security check within 2 weeks of lodging...
    That exactly what i did....things sped up considerably after that, including a phone call and apology from the "ROZZERS'........(Haven't used that in years, just had to put it in......)
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Haha, first traffic infringement I've had in 13 years and I average 1000kms a week...so not bad going. Admittedly I did have my cruise control set at 92, so I knew I was going over 90...
    Speed camera was it?
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    Speed camera was it?
    No, highway patrol. Not a friendly one, short and ginger. Gave me a lecture about speeding with a trailer on...
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Another update. My card was never produced because of an unknown fault. It has been produced now (or so I'm told) and it's going to take up to 6 weeks for it to be delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    No, highway patrol. Not a friendly one, short and ginger. Gave me a lecture about speeding with a trailer on...
    Bummer!
    Always thought it was only the cameras that gave out tickets for low speeds like you were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    Bummer!
    Always thought it was only the cameras that gave out tickets for low speeds like you were doing.
    "Zero tolerance" these days apparently
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

So does that mean that we should have zero tolerance for the police stuff up with Chch killer getting licensed and any and all other police failures to obey the laws of our country???? Next thing you know there'll be a Police complaints complaints department for them to complain about our complaints.... Hurry up covid....
    Moa Hunter, outlander and Dago like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 35whelen View Post
    So does that mean that we should have zero tolerance for the police stuff up with Chch killer getting licensed and any and all other police failures to obey the laws of our country???? Next thing you know there'll be a Police complaints complaints department for them to complain about our complaints.... Hurry up covid....
    comments like THIS....are the very reason the licencing is NOW taking so long....you cant have it both ways....when you bitch n moan they werent doing the job correctly,they will make sure to double cross T and double dot I from this day forthwith...... all that cross reference checking etc is going to take longer....and nobody wants to make the next cockup so they will be going slower still to be 100% sure n certain before signing off on licence.
    10-Ring and Moa Hunter like this.

Gone but not forgotten
    It was announced a year or two ago that the policy for speeding was changing and it was zero tolerance. It used to be a 5 or 10 kph over policy. They had applied the zero tolerance policy on some long weekends (announced on TV and radio), and in school zones.
    1 kph over the limit has always been breaking the law, but now they enforce it.
    Micky Duck likes this.

One of our workers has now been waiting a year for his FAL, told me he sat the practical test 12 months to the day yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    It was announced a year or two ago that the policy for speeding was changing and it was zero tolerance. It used to be a 5 or 10 kph over policy. They had applied the zero tolerance policy on some long weekends (announced on TV and radio), and in school zones.
    1 kph over the limit has always been breaking the law, but now they enforce it.
    Which is unreasonable given the accuracy of car speedometers

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Which is unreasonable given the accuracy of car speedometers
    Just about all speedos read higher than actual speed, putting larger diameter tyres on can stuff up that though.

It's called Rule creep.... or frog in a pot syndrome. Throw a frog into a pot of warm water and it jumps out.... throw it into cold water and slowly heat it up, the frog falls asleep and dies.....
    Our rules and taxes have been slowly changing for the past 40 years.
    Remember when you could park your car up for a few years. Pull it out get a wof re rego it and away you'd go. Not any more...now you have to put it on hold and if you don't remember that the debt collector arrives with a big bill....
    Speed cameras give you a fine but they don't stop you for 15 minutes and write you a ticket and check out the vehicle?
    Call me old fashioned but police out there patrolling the streets and highways is better than a $250k camera snitching on ya and stuffing the Gov't bank account...
    The law is the law and no one should be above it.. You do realize that if Chch mass murderer hadn't been able to get license to get weapons ! There's a fair chance that the buyback would not have happened... any way not going to change it now..... The anti gun movement has made the most of the event to push their agendas and ideals.... nothing new really.

Quote Originally Posted by 35whelen View Post
    It's called Rule creep.... or frog in a pot syndrome. Throw a frog into a pot of warm water and it jumps out.... throw it into cold water and slowly heat it up, the frog falls asleep and dies.....
    Just FYI, that's been proven to be bollocks. The frog jumps out.

Bought a box of ammo today, the new purchasing rules are inact. I had to provide my license and cell no#, while cockey behind the counter spent 5 mins punching in info. no qualms but interesting nonetheless.