Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Firearms Storage Inspection ....

Yeah people take me the wrong way on this topic a lot, I have no problem with "fit and proper" people owning them, I just think it's a little to easy to get them. MSSAs in the wrong hands scare the shit out of me but pistols even more so.

I know the rules don't appear to make sense, I was just trying to show what the law makers theory was when the rules were imposed ie its not about how dangerous the firearms are but what attracts certain people.

These debates are much easier to have in person.

Moonhunt if you're ever in Whangarei you can have a go with my AR.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    A .22lr has sufficient energy to inflict a lethal wound, David grey, amongst thousands of other murders are testament to that.
    Yes as if I remember correctly 50% or more of the victims at Aromoana were shot with a 22lr. 4 were shot with a norinco type 84s .223 semi auto. Not something the powers at be like to publish to often as it doesnt fit with there original all victims shot with a MSSA style rifle (MSSA now).

Cheers
    Last edited by Littledog; 11-05-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    Lead delivery technician, Bulk orders welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Littledog View Post
    Yes as if I remember correctly 50% or more of the victims at Aromoana were shot with a 22lr. 4 were shot with a norinco type 84s .223 semi auto. Not something the powers at be like to publish to often as it doesnt fit with there original all victims shot with a MSSA style rifle (MSSA now).

Cheers
    Yea the last spree killer in the UK used a .22lr, as well as the last two publicized ones in Finland. People really don't give credit to how lethal they can be at close range. A couple of well placed shots to your CNS with HV .22 and your gone burger. Anyone who grew up on a farm and watched their dad despatch disproportionately large creatures with a good shot knows this.

The .22LR is just as deadly

Do you even wonder how much worse it would/could have been if they had an MSSA with 30 shot clips? Possibly the UK firearm laws prevented that event from being far worse, possibly not. I'm don't know anything about Finnish laws.

I'm not saying in anyway that we should adopt UK firearm laws.

It's impossible to speculate, but it proves that shooting sprees don't magically go away if you ban semi autos. Funnily enough, you are allowed ".22LR MSSA's" in Britain, with all the trimmings, 30 round mags included, and yet he used a CZ 452. Can somebody elaborate on how banning 30 round mags will make a mass shooting better?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt4life View Post
    AzumitH- haha! Great rant mate, nice one. I'm so over this thread. Why some of you cant engage in healthy debate and instead feel the need to slash into personal attacks amazes me. Laterz

Identify your target beyond all doubt! Sorry won't cut it later and no deer is worth the fall out. Safe and happy hunting
    The fact you think your incredibly narrow and self-centered view of ideal firearm ownership is somehow new, interesting and worthy of any kind of debate staggers me. I don't actually think it counts as a debate when one person produces facts and statistics, and the other wanks on endlessly about "muh feelins" and "muh personal opinion", so maybe if a debate is what you're after you should work on your approach.
    Wetgumboot likes this.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Really? Where? I have never seen it but then I probably haven't looked in the right places.
    No loaded firearm within 200 metres of a road and there is also an X amount from built up areas.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt4life View Post
    So, as said above, if you're any good at shooting, you don't need a semi auto (shotguns for game birds excluded)
    Well there ya go. Here's me trying to do my shooting job and I don't know what I'm doing. Best I go back to rabbiting school.
    Try being limited to seven shots. In order to change that would mean going E cat, then I would need at least three E cat safes but probably more. Now since no one even makes a seven shot mag as standard for a bolt action I end up sticking with the 5/6 shot. Remember, poor rabbiter that can't afford to spend mega bucks on guns.
    So I don't bother and muddle away with the bolt action. As a direct result of that it takes me a lot longer to do the job so the cockie has to pay more. While I'm still at his place instead of moving onto the next the rabbits are getting away there.

And apart from that, nothing fucks you off more than being forced to piss around instead of just getting it done.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Littledog View Post

Cheers
    But what did the cop shoot himself in the foot with at that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    No loaded firearm within 200 metres of a road and there is also an X amount from built up areas.
    That's not law. I've never seen anywhere in law that specifies any distances in relation to loaded firearms.

Ejected
    I need to find an old copy of the code. The new version seems to miss a bit of stuff.

I need to find an old copy of the code. The new version seems to miss a bit of stuff.

There is no distance in any of the legislation. It may have been in the arms code but that just shows that the arms code is somewhat bollocks

The code isn't law, find the Act and Section you would charge somebody under in that situation.

Ejected
    Ergo why people get so fucked up by it all. Cops saying one thing, code saying whatever then the law says something else then all the other variations on what people see there after. What a fucking mess.

Some light reading
    Arms Act 1983 No 44 (as at 01 October 2012), Public Act Contents – New Zealand Legislation
    kiwi39 and steven like this.

Keep safe in the hills! Gunzrrr's Avatar
    I do it ... not because of the law (or not law), rather for my own peace of mind and additional security. Mind you - I can only take the bolt out of less than a third of my firearms. My inspection officer asked if I did separate guns/ammo/bolts and when I showed him that I did he seemed to be delighted that I was taking extra care. Do it if you can I say ... just don't leave it behind like I did once.
    Savage1 likes this.