Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Home Burgulary

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Shit Pete that sucks. Sing out if I can help gear wise.
    I have been needing kick up the backend with putting all my recorded info into a cloud server. This would mean I don't need my personal computer to access my files. Will look at doing a bit tonight.
    Been using Dropbox for home and work.

P38
    Thanks Guys

I'm not gonna let this beat me down, but it has given me good cause to rethink a few things.

I spent last night at our loacal tavern having a few beers and just talking things through with my friends.
    That helped heaps too.

Probally could have put a fairly large possey together with all the offers of help, especially from other Lawful Firearms Owners present.

Cheers
    Pete
    distant stalker and Mac like this.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Shit Pete that sucks. Sing out if I can help gear wise.
    I have been needing kick up the backend with putting all my recorded info into a cloud server. This would mean I don't need my personal computer to access my files. Will look at doing a bit tonight.
    Been using Dropbox for home and work.
    James

The cloud server would be the way to go alright.
    Photos are good.

The bastards had your old Henessey stacked up ready to go too mate.

Only used it once so far and i need it for a few up comming trips , including Cold Kiwi in September.

Cheers
    Pete

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post
    Let me tell you of my weekend of woe so others may learn from my experiences.

We had our House and Garage burgalrised on Friday Morning by some low life oxygen thieving arseholes.

Bastards kicked in the bakdoor to the garage, rifled through the draws in my workshop and found the keys to my ammo and reloading components cupboards.

Then they discovered one of my Rifle Safes and tried to use the keys they found to open it without success.
    Bastards stole my two new Garmin Rhino 650's
    They had stuffed my day pack with all my knives, my Bino's and a Blaze orange camo jacket and had stacked this near the door for pick up later.

They also removed some panes of glass in the louver windows in the washhouse and went through our house stealing all the usual items, lap top, video cameras, cash, jewellery etc, still finding stuff missing today.

I'm sure they were also looking for the keys to the safe they had found out in the Garage.

The worst was they stole keys to some of our doors.

Lesson here is don't leave any keys in your doors like we did especially ranch sliders or french doors.

The cops were called and they came down and checked it all out and recovered some finger prints, shoe prints and a palm print so I'm hopefull they may be able to identify the C*nts.

I secured the place as best as I could Friday avo and Saturday morning went down to Mitre 10 to get some gear to repair the Garage door and beef up my security some what.

I got home just before lunch and found two dodgy and very nervous blokes parked up my driveway one launced straight into a speil about coming to look at the car I advertised for sale on face book. I knew he was lying from the fact that no one that lives at my address has a facebook account or has a Blue Honda for sale.

I took the details of their car and passed it onto the cops.
    The cops rang back today and they have intercepted the two car buyers who turned out to be gang members who were in possession of goods that didn't belong to them including a number of house keys.
    Unfortunately none of it appears to be mine.

Again I think they were tipped off to the fact that I have some firearms stored on the premisis, probbally by the P Head who broke in and who probally owes the gang drug money and that these others came round to check it out for themselves.

So as of today I have increased my security, installed some bloody loud alarms and monitored cameras.
    None of which will prevent anyone from breaking in and taking what they want, but it will provide the cops with some very good evidence to help convict the thieving arseholes.

I have also taken a more detailed inventory of the Rifles just in case the worst should happen.

I'm also on the back foot with insurance, the friendly chap on the phone said no worries your covered..... just provide us with a list of items stolen and proof of ownership like original reciepts and/or original packaging.
    Who keeps this stuff?
    Even the forensic cop said he doesn't keep that sort of stuff for his gear.
    I did have photos but you guessed it they are on the bloody Lap Top that got nicked.

Lessons learnt
    Don't leave house keys in your doors.
    No matter how good you think your security is it can always be better.
    There are arse wipes amoungst us that will steal everything you own and what they cant steal they can pass on the info to those that can steal it.
    Call the cops if you see anything suspicious no matter how small you may think it is. This may be the last piece of the puzzel the cops need to solve other crimes.
    Keep all your original purchase reciepts and photos of your gear in several places just in case things like this should happen to you.

Having seen how my firearms were/are being targeted by these criminals is making me rethink why I have them in the first place.
    No doubt some more serious thinking will follow, especially if another attempt to burgalrise them is made.

Cheers
    Pete
    Ahh thats a total fuckoff p38 fuckn cunts sorry mate thats bummed me right out.Im a security fencer so if i can help you at all mate dont hesitate to ask.
    jakewire and distant stalker like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Ahh thats a total fuckoff p38 fuckn cunts sorry mate thats bummed me right out.Im a security fencer so if i can help you at all mate dont hesitate to ask.
    Biff up a fence like a maximum security prison for him Neckshot. Razor ribbon the fuck out of the pricks.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

440v ?

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

P38
    Thanks Neck Shot.

I'm sure things will be all good again soon.

Cheers
    Pete

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    440v ?

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    straight mains! nose bleeder
    BRADS and Gibo like this.

Very sorry to hear about the break in and the loss of your gear. Being from the UK where this shit is far more common i am probably more paranoid about this sort of thing than most people. But living in Central Hawkes Bay i may have become somewhat complacent about security. I do go out and leave my door unlocked, i leave the cars unlocked on the drive and not long ago came home from work to find i had no house keys. It took me less than 1 min to gain entry through an open window. I am very sorry for your troubles Pete but if one good thing has come out of your shit is to give me a kick up the arse about my own home security.

I hate thieves. Had my place broken into and they managed to get into my ammo safe too. Wasnt keen on leaving the mrs home after that. Got a dog and kept my rifles at mates place for couple of months. A place doesnt feel the same once some pricks have been through it while you werent there. Hope they catch the cunts and actually manage a decent conviction
    Grim, R93 and Maca49 like this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by POME View Post
    Very sorry to hear about the break in and the loss of your gear. Being from the UK where this shit is far more common i am probably more paranoid about this sort of thing than most people. But living in Central Hawkes Bay i may have become somewhat complacent about security. I do go out and leave my door unlocked, i leave the cars unlocked on the drive and not long ago came home from work to find i had no house keys. It took me less than 1 min to gain entry through an open window. I am very sorry for your troubles Pete but if one good thing has come out of your shit is to give me a kick up the arse about my own home security.

+1 If there is a bright side, it is that they didnt get any firearms because of your security. I hope you have some joy with your insurance. They can be huge assholes when you need them.
    It has also been a wake up for me. I believe my firearms are well secured but other things that are just as costly, may not be.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Good luck p38 I hate the fuken oxygen thieves,we have been hit to
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Sorry to hear about the break in,the low life scrum bags,it makes me sick when those low lifes do that.hope yr family are ok.

Sorry to hear about your robbery P38. Very decent of you to take the time tell the story and thanks for the security suggestions.

Hope they catch the scum that did this to you and your family P38.
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their souls!
    Dundee likes this.