Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Home Burgulary

Umm dudes you gettin little bit like keyboard warriors Is Pete likely to do any of this ? Support is good I do wonder if the thieves were in front of you who'd line up to be first to push some alkathane pipe up their arses ? Would you really ? I do not support the thieves don't get me wrong . Save the mongrel till you need it then unleash the fury head on This kinda talk is just "talk" Support Pete he's a good bugger

P38
    Yeah good call Happy, torture isn't the answer.

Catching those two in my driveway bold as brass made me want to double tap the bastards where they stood.

The police are doing a good job and have caught up with them already and are investgating further.

I'm not expecting them back anytime soon and if they do come back then I will know about it and have more evidence to give the Police to follow up on.

The stuff they took has no real sentimental value to me other than its my stuff, it is easily replaced.
    I'm pleased they haven't got any of my firearms to commit further crimes with.

It's the fact that they violated my sanctuary thats really got up my nose.

Thanks for all your support.

Cheers
    Pete

Keep safe in the hills! Gunzrrr's Avatar
    Hey P38
    I feel for you in terms of a burglary as we have all experienced that ... but weapons stolen by unsavory people scares me ... I cant really fathom that at all.
    When it comes to firearms ownership & usage in NZ ... it's too easy in my opinion. I have no agenda (I'm not a cop, bra burner, vegetarian or tree-hugger) when I say that. When it comes to an "open" forum like this where we openly communicate about our new bino's or next hunting trip or whatever - we are advertising too much to people we really don't know. Put it this way - my personal opinion is there are a very small number of people, active on THIS forum RIGHT NOW who's "intentions are not honorable" and we all need to be very wary. I know I joined with no vetting in any way and it was almost immediate ... good news is I DO give a shit and want to be a fab citizen; a responsible firearms owner and do what ever I can to "do the right thing" to make sure my son can teach his kids to hunt in 30 years time.
    My question - how do you have an open forum where we discuss/debate stuff without it being abused by unsavory people who are probably reading this RIGHT NOW!?
    The idea of "big brother" scares me ... but I would hand over personal information such as who I am, what my FAL# is AND ask someone to sponsor me as a decent chap (eg - my local gun retailer or the administrators of this Forum) so I could be a legitimate member of this forum.
    Anyway - just a thought after hearing P38's sad news ... shit ... I sound like a conspiracy theorist ?!?@?#?$
    Cheers PJ

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Gunzrrr like most of us forum members you have not used your name as your forum handle and you have only indicated your general area as your location in your profile so it would not be that easy to find you (not impossible either though) and if someone did then they would still need to over come your security arrangements to get to your firearms. I wouldn't be to overly concerned if you have taken the necessary precautions.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

If it was someone targeting his firearms from info on here they would have got them.
    They didn't.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

On a forum I am a member of, another member revealed some details. I realized I have met him before, even been in his house, and know quite a bit about him and his firearms.
    Fortunately my morals are such that I would never contemplate revealing any knowledge of him. Others may.
    How many times do you hear of members taking others to one of their hot spots on the premise that they don't go back on their own and that trust gets abused? One hunt report of similar situation and the trusted person has put a tarp on the helipad. You have already let that person into your life

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzrrr View Post
    My question - how do you have an open forum where we discuss/debate stuff without it being abused by unsavory people who are probably reading this RIGHT NOW!?
    To be honest, the easiest way would be to watch a gunshop

Could you move your guns elsewhere? I'd suspect they will be back. If this happened to me I have a gun club and some mates I'd move my kit to at least for some weeks. Or even store the bolts with someone else? At least then they get a lump of metal thats nothing more than a club or spare parts.

For your insurance company Im pretty sure its un-realistic to expect you to keep all receipts, just make a claim, if they balk Im pretty sure they are on a loser, you may need to ask the local CAB (citizen's advice bureau on that detail). Oh and state you are still discoverng whats missing so it may not be a final list. Im also sure the insurance company will pay for lock barels to be replaced free of charge, I know my Ins. company does (I think there is a limit of $150, not sure).
    Last edited by steven; 23-05-2013 at 11:57 AM.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

"I'm sure they were also looking for the keys to the safe they had found out in the Garage."

Yep, hence why in some ways I love digital locks. The better ones is where need the password AND a key, so something you know AND something you own but that could be 2 devices eg.

I'd suggest a decent quality digital key pad operated pistol safe for bolts and main cabinet keys, tough and small so easy to hide and not that expensive, bolt it down very well of course.....3 x 10mm high tensile steel bolts.

Keep safe in the hills! Gunzrrr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Gunzrrr like most of us forum members you have not used your name as your forum handle and you have only indicated your general area as your location in your profile so it would not be that easy to find you (not impossible either though) and if someone did then they would still need to over come your security arrangements to get to your firearms. I wouldn't be to overly concerned if you have taken the necessary precautions.
    Hi Rushy and all ... did I say that I'd had a few Pinot's ... sorry for the rant ... just don't underestimate online or digital intrusion and identity theft ... its easier than you think and they can get more than you imagine.
    sako75 likes this.

We had an awesome alarm system. He was our neighbour next door on a sickness benefit after a botched knee replacement op. Unfortunately he passed away about 6years ago

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Hi Rushy and all ... did I say that I'd had a few Pinot's ... sorry for the rant ... just don't underestimate online or digital intrusion and identity theft ... its easier than you think and they can get more than you imagine.
    No need to apologise on this forum mate.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    NEVER LEAVE ANY SPARE KEYS AT YOUR OWN HOUSE. EVER. Whether it's safe, car or anything.

Would be interested to hear experiences of insurance companies though, mine's up for re-newel soon and like changing banks, insurance companies rely on people not changing companies because they're not getting the best deal.
    I used State when I came here, never again what a mess they made of the car. AMI have been fair to deal with but I think Ive had all of a glass claim and a small scratch in 15years.

I ring around most years for quotes. The thing thats going to bite is the increase is EQ levy. The other one is the insurance companies are moving to a fixed amount on the house rather than replacement value. This means you have to get your house assessed for value every so often to make sure the sum assured is right, thats all your responsibility. Bummer of course is that in Chch builders are charging a premium, hence inflating the cost which would only occur in a major event. My one is due in the spring, have to make sure its valued right at that time.

A great way to backup your insurance pictures is to sign up to dropbox or google drive and store you pictures on there. I keep 1 picture of the whole firearm and one of the serial no.

Out of interests sake see what you can find on me and pm me the results please

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.