Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Home Burgulary

As you say, the worst thing is the violation.
    This has reminded me to photograph everything I've got, put a copy each onto two usb sticks and store them with mates well away from my place.

ebf
    Damn Pete, that sucks ! Takes a while for the violation thing to wear off, but it does eventually.
    Hope they catch the scum, and get some of your gear back to you.
    At least you and the family are ok, that's is the most important thing.
    If there is anything you need urgently on the gear front, sing out, I'm sure we can sort you out amongst the forum.
    Gibo likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Bastards
    At least the gun safes held up.
    It is a sad world we live in when these low lifes roam free
    You sound like you know what you are doing to make your place more secure. Might pay to relocate your safes. This is one reason why I don't "show off" my rifles on a public forum. You can turn your place into a fortress but with the wrong products they will still get in. Fly screen doors are false security and the only pests they keep out have wings. Unfortunately steel is not cheap and looks nasty. Definitely look at doing something about the louver windows
    All the best with insurance. A nasty wake up call for us at your expense

Mate that sucks, the violation is the biggest thing I reckon too. I've had a car ripped off and my missus had her flat broken into 3 times in one year. A*seholes...

Since we have just moved it gives me a chance to go through our stuff and record the valuables we have. So thanks for the reminder.

Hopefully the cops get them...

Bad news, Pete, hope they can recover your gear....
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Biff up a fence like a maximum security prison for him Neckshot. Razor ribbon the fuck out of the pricks.
    Ah, now that reminds me of South Africa, hope we don't have to get to those measures!
    Ryan likes this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    Ah, now that reminds me of South Africa, hope we don't have to get to those measures!
    +1 would be sad times if that came to be the case!

Terrible feeling, having unwanted visitors

Sorry to hear Pete but thanks for sharing, for the better of the rest of us! I can tell you today is the last day that my spare keys will live anywhere in this house!!! Does anyone have any suggested providers for insurance on a firearm?
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

nothin but arseholes pete.me -my bloody guncabinet keys travel with me permanently,and noone .noone goes near it without my express permission and my ugly face within biting distance.ive a few shifty neighbours in this street ,but word soon gets round dont fuck with..... or go near the place.
    Great neighbours who will challenge you if you walk up our drive.Had a few burgs go down.last one was a night job-we called the lads in blue -who had great delight in rounding the fuckers upaided by our statements in person..their scummy car was left unlocked in the street.when some of their bitches arrived to pick it up;oh dear no stereo etc etc and a loverly sign (courtesy yours truly)"aint karma a bitch,the deprived struck back"apparently coppers had a chuckle too.
    my gun details are on here but also onpaper elsewhere ,plus a copy with AO for preciselt these reasons.
    Itrust no person i dont know these days,and make sure my layers of security are plainly visible to deter thoughts.

No intention of starting a shitfight here and no need for it to go that way as this thread is all about theft, would firearm registration help when making an insurance claim?
    I don't think I have receipts for any of mine. Took some photos a while back and put the serial numbers somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    No intention of starting a shitfight here and no need for it to go that way as this thread is all about theft, would firearm registration help when making an insurance claim?
    I don't think I have receipts for any of mine. Took some photos a while back and put the serial numbers somewhere
    Were are you going to register them? I asked the police when I got my FAL if they wanted my serial numbers and they informed me NZ does not register firearms. I was like oh ok so I took photo's and sent to my insurance company even though they didnt want them either I insisted.
    The Police said they didnt have the resources to maintain a register.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    I can tell you today is the last day that my spare keys will live anywhere in this house!!!
    NEVER LEAVE ANY SPARE KEYS AT YOUR OWN HOUSE. EVER. Whether it's safe, car or anything.

Would be interested to hear experiences of insurance companies though, mine's up for re-newel soon and like changing banks, insurance companies rely on people not changing companies because they're not getting the best deal.

Im with FMG and they are sweet as for my needs. Never had an issue with the 3-4 claims I have made.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    My parents work on the basis of claiming on everything they break or lose and not bothering with no claims bonuses. AMI has always paid out, no worries. I would not go with anyone else.

+1 for AMI.
    falconhell and mucko like this.

Thanks guys. I will be chatting with my go-to-man for all the 'adult' problems (cheers ebf for being my grown-up guru) about all the ins and outs of insuring firearms....but, black beauty was birthed from the depths of a black, dark, giving uterus, fertilized with the seed of many keen hunters and shooters.....how do I get a reciept for that???

She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.