Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Home Burgulary

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by scottrods View Post
    I'm paranoid that someone will come and take my hard earned guns.
    Circle the wagons and point them outwards Scottrods
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    "I'm sure they were also looking for the keys to the safe they had found out in the Garage."

Yep, hence why in some ways I love digital locks. The better ones is where need the password AND a key, so something you know AND something you own but that could be 2 devices eg.

I'd suggest a decent quality digital key pad operated pistol safe for bolts and main cabinet keys, tough and small so easy to hide and not that expensive, bolt it down very well of course.....3 x 10mm high tensile steel bolts.
    Except few houses these days are built strong enough to prevent the toe rags from using the tools in the garage to remove it.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Pete
    I'm late on this, but I would like to congratulate you on your restraint style of the posting of the invasion of your home and your factual account of the results, I'm not sure I could have done so well.

I, as with several others on the forum as it seems by the responses you have received, have a particular hatred of thieves.
    I sincerly hope these people get fully what they deserve.
    You have received many offers of support and I would like to add mine to this,unfortunately there is not a pratical thing i can do from 1/2 way down the south Island, but if you and/or your family ever intend to come down this way , please hit the pm button.
    Speill and mucko like this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    Pete
    I'm late on this, but I would like to congratulate you on your restraint style of the posting of the invasion of your home and your factual account of the results, I'm not sure I could have done so well.

I, as with several others on the forum as it seems by the responses you have received, have a particular hatred of thieves.
    I sincerly hope these people get fully what they deserve.
    You have received many offers of support and I would like to add mine to this,unfortunately there is not a pratical thing i can do from 1/2 way down the south Island, but if you and/or your family ever intend to come down this way , please hit the pm button.
    Cheers Jake.

I have a severe dislike of the Theiving Bastards too ..... he's getting his just desserts right now.

It's 2 degrees outside here at the moment, I have a nice warm fire, a glass of rum and a cosy bed for the night .... I hope it's not much warmer than 2 degrees in the Police holding cells and his bed fellows are bigger c*nts than he is.

Cheers
    Pete

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post
    Cheers Jake.

I have a severe dislike of the Theiving Bastards too ..... he's getting his just desserts right now.

It's 2 degrees outside here at the moment, I have a nice warm fire, a glass of rum and a cosy bed for the night .... I hope it's not much warmer than 2 degrees in the Police holding cells and his bed fellows are bigger c*nts than he is.

Cheers
    Pete
    and they are hung like donkeys

Please ensure your Victim Impact Statement does not have any reference to butchery and your friends nether region as we have 2 female Judges in HB.

Great news, lets hope some suitable punishments are handed out !!

Quote Originally Posted by FletchNZ View Post
    A great way to backup your insurance pictures is to sign up to dropbox or google drive and store you pictures on there. I keep 1 picture of the whole firearm and one of the serial no.
    I just send pictures and serial numbers (of everything of value) to my google email account.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

sorry to hear that bro at least you and your famaly are ok and of corse that yor guns are stll safe and these thugs are not runnung round the street with them

P38
    It seems this oxygen stealing arsewipe has been quite busy.

He had two outstanding arrest warrents, had breached his previous community service orders and was caught in posession of other peoples stolen property.
    Not to mention a long list of prior offences for similar crimes.

He was remanded in custody last Tuesday, has now admitted to the burgulary of my home after first denying it and is scheduled for sentencing on the 7th June.

In the meantime we have been asked to write victim impact statements not that they will make any difference to this indvidual.

I only hope the sentencing Judge has the fortitude to hand down several years jail time, however I'm not holding my breath.

Cheers
    Pete

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Would like to know the sentence when handed down Pete. I hope they throw away the key
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Whats wrong with this picture? Two outstanding arrest warrants. Why was he out after the first one? The judicial system has become a farce. Really feel for the cops who do the hard work to have the judges let them back out again to continue crime.
    veitnamcam and mucko like this.

It does carry a 10yr sentence minus the 20% for a guilty plea. Hard to guess without knowing his history. If you want a really good victim impact statement then get Victim Support to help you with it, they're pros.
    mucko and SiB like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    Whats wrong with this picture? Two outstanding arrest warrants. Why was he out after the first one? The judicial system has become a farce. Really feel for the cops who do the hard work to have the judges let them back out again to continue crime.
    The warrants could've been for breaching community detention.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    The warrants could've been for breaching community detention.
    Your probally right Savage1.

The police have certainly done their job very well.

Now it's up to the judge to do his duty.

This has certainly affected my wife more than me and that will be reflected in my statement, but like I said I believe nothing I write will have any affect on this individual.
    I'm only hoping it will have an affect on the judge at sentencing.

Cheers
    Pete