Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Lupo 30-06 load development "the lone wolf"

Yup think I need to load 6 more.
    Shoot 2x 3 shot groups over the lab radar both from cold bore, see whats what and hopefully call it done
    Micky Duck likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Cheers guys, Jock is coming round tomorrow with his Labradar we shall see what is what
    #DANNYCENT

Well big thanks to @PerazziSC3
    Thank you Jock for taking time out of your weekend to help me get this sorted and finally put a few issues to bed that have had me chasing my tail.
    Last night I loaded up another 9 rounds at the magic zone 59.1gn
    Jock came out with his Labradar to confirm or disprove the velocity discrepancies I was having once and for all.
    Once the labradar was all set up, Jock put a few rounds down range with his very nice R93 just to make sure everything was set up right.
    Then it was my turn with the Lupo, no pressure not like a profess to be a good marksman
    I shot 3x 3 round groups at the same target letting the rifle cool down between each group.
    The last 3 round group was shot over both the optical chrono and Jocks labradar for side by side comparison.
    Unsurprisingly whilst the optical chrono gave consistent results they were also consistently about 25fps higher than the labradar.
    This appears to be the main cause of my misery and frustration, whilst the optical chrono was certainly good at giving me consistent results to work out where my best E.S was the speed indicated on any given day or each time it was set up was only an indication, basically each time I set it up the speed could and did vary depending on lighting, weather, if the chrono was slightly skewed etc etc.
    So I guess your all wondering how I got on.....
    I shot a 9 round group of 1.6 inches and an E.S of 26fps confirmed avrrage velocity at 2698fps
    I'm bloody pleased with that, job done time to load up some hunting ammo and put some venni in the freezer.

Name:  20211031_104304.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  4.02 MB
    Last edited by dannyb; 31-10-2021 at 11:27 AM.
    jakewire and Tahr like this.
    #DANNYCENT

Also worth noting that each individual 3 shot group was well under MOA and the double group pictured above is indicative of getting up moving around letting the rifle cool down then re setting between each 3 shot group.
    #DANNYCENT

well write that load down on the wall with a big fat black vivid felt pen...and FFS stick to it as closely as you can........
    well done that man,stoked you finally got it sorted/are happy LOL.
    YOUR TARGET ALSO CONFIRMS what I speculated on last night....awesome 3 shot groups.....go forth and be happy happy hunter Mate.
    dannyb likes this.

oh and when you go to get it suppressed DONT FFS shorten it any,or you will be back chasing your tail again LMFAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    oh and when you go to get it suppressed DONT FFS shorten it any,or you will be back chasing your tail again LMFAO.
    No intent on shortening it at all, to be fair I'm still on the fence about suppressing it.
    #DANNYCENT

well write that load down on the wall with a big fat black vivid felt pen...and FFS stick to it as closely as you can........
    well done that man,stoked you finally got it sorted/are happy LOL.
    YOUR TARGET ALSO CONFIRMS what I speculated on last night....awesome 3 shot groups.....go forth and be happy happy hunter Mate.
    Probably should use whiteboard marker the way I chop and change ........just kidding
    #DANNYCENT

41 venison makers till I have to worry bout making more
    Name:  20211031_170200.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  3.94 MB
    Micky Duck likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

Are you going to suppress it? @dannyb

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    Are you going to suppress it? @dannyb
    I just don't know, it would be nice cause it sure is loud but it does worry me that it will mess up the balance and harmonics of the barrel.
    Can buy a shit tonne of ear plugs for $350
    I'm still on the fence so would love to hear arguments for and against
    #DANNYCENT

Great result in the end , now for those fat tasty yearlings , should be easy targets and good in the freezer.
    dannyb likes this.

you big fella....weight of suppressor wont worry you.
    you dont bush hunt...length of suppressor wont worry you
    you dont shoot in a hurry....time to screw on suppressor wont worry you
    you like to hear the sweet nothings Mrs DannyB whispers in your ear.....hearing loss WILL worry you
    you USUALLY shoot prone.....after rangefinding,pissing in air to find air direction.calculate spin of earth and state of the tides...you have ample time to screw suppressor on if carry with it on bothers you...diagonal across front and you wont notice it...same as over shoulder....
    you buying suppressor with .30 cal hole in it...so when you decide you need another mighty .270 you wont need to buy another suppressor.
    cameronjackwhite and dannyb like this.

you big fella....weight of suppressor wont worry you.
    you dont bush hunt...length of suppressor wont worry you
    you dont shoot in a hurry....time to screw on suppressor wont worry you
    you like to hear the sweet nothings Mrs DannyB whispers in your ear.....hearing loss WILL worry you
    you USUALLY shoot prone.....after rangefinding,pissing in air to find air direction.calculate spin of earth and state of the tides...you have ample time to screw suppressor on if carry with it on bothers you...diagonal across front and you wont notice it...same as over shoulder....
    you buying suppressor with .30 cal hole in it...so when you decide you need another mighty .270 you wont need to buy another suppressor.
    Your a bloody poet MD
    #DANNYCENT