Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Firearms Licence Renewal

Quote Originally Posted by Shootm View Post
    The bloke that gets your cows preggerz
    Ah Dundee. ..
    I THINK you'll find that that's "A I " there Shootm???? Artificial insemination.

Dyslexia?????

Although the "rules" seem to change every 10 years or so!!! Here's what I have experienced with our local Arms Office.

A person comes into the shop who has either left his/her licence at home or is waiting for renewal or issue of their first licence & wants to buy a cannon or ammo.
    The current procedure as I understand it ( haven't had to do it for a while ) is: I phone the arms office & hope that someone is actually there!!! IF the phone is answered I give the AO people the customer's details, AO check their database & give me the customer's licence # & expiry date over the phone if everything is cosher.

That is what I call " being helpful" & should apply until the person's licence is actually in their hot little hand.

It would appear that this doesn't happen in all AO offices????

Like the old mail order system, it would have been foolproof IF there was a standardised procedure right throughout the country.

National Police Force in name only?????
    Maca49 and Tommy like this.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Son had to get a new FAL issued as his first didn't have both of his middle names. Less than a fortnight from request to its arrival in the post.
    I was a referee for a mate and when his license came through it listed his middle name as Helen. He's a big hairy bloke with a blokey middle name. When he queried it he was told they were using his record on the fal database for training and that they changed his middle name as part of the training exercise. Words escape me. At least the replacement license arrived quickly.
    10-Ring likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    I was a referee for a mate and when his license came through it listed his middle name as Helen. He's a big hairy bloke with a blokey middle name. When he queried it he was told they were using his record on the fal database for training and that they changed his middle name as part of the training exercise. Words escape me. At least the replacement license arrived quickly.
    What?????? lmao

with out his prior permission Massive -.fuck me rigid someone is lookin to go for a bloody nasty skate taking risks like that!!

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    with out his prior permission Massive -.fuck me rigid someone is lookin to go for a bloody nasty skate taking risks like that!!
    So what's new???? We have a highly trained, well coordinated & "standardised operational procedures" CARING police service????? Don't we?????

What we have is a "User pays" system which is fine - I don't mind paying for a service . What pisses me off is paying for a service I just don't get. The police need to lift their game. Burglaries don't get investigated, gangs run around causing chaos, poachers eat or sell heaps of stolen meat and we taxpayers pay for lousy service.
    veitnamcam and screamO like this.

Quote Originally Posted by keneff View Post
    What we have is a "User pays" system which is fine - I don't mind paying for a service . What pisses me off is paying for a service I just don't get. The police need to lift their game. Burglaries don't get investigated, gangs run around causing chaos, poachers eat or sell heaps of stolen meat and we taxpayers pay for lousy service.
    Government needs to lift it's funding, Police have had a zero budget increase for years.
    10-Ring and res like this.

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Government needs to lift it's funding, Police have had a zero budget increase for years.
    they are not the only govt org that has been frozen,the one that provides 3/4 of my household income has been frozen for years and given expensive extra tasks.

the plus I guess is that NZ came out of round one of the gfc fairly well
    Savage1 likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Funnily enough my funding has remained with out increase since 2010, but that does not mean I don't have to do my job.
    veitnamcam and Tommy like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Sorry Savage, but I cannot agree. If there's time and coin and resources to be sitting at the end of passing lanes and the bottom of hills pointing a camera at traffic, pinging them for (often tiny excess), there's time to investigate burglaries properly (or at all would be nice). Reason number 183 that constant unofficial taxation is a bad idea when that's the image the public see on a daily basis, but get no-shows come the day they get burgled. Short sighted right?

Having said that, it's obviously a decision made at bullshit castle, rather than cop-on-the-street level
    veitnamcam, mikee, Maca49 and 2 others like this.

Just lift the shutters!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Sorry Savage, but I cannot agree. If there's time and coin and resources to be sitting at the end of passing lanes and the bottom of hills pointing a camera at traffic, pinging them for (often tiny excess), there's time to investigate burglaries properly (or at all would be nice). Reason number 183 that constant unofficial taxation is a bad idea when that's the image the public see on a daily basis, but get no-shows come the day they get burgled. Short sighted right?

Having said that, it's obviously a decision made at bullshit castle, rather than cop-on-the-street level
    You don't need to agree, it's a fact. Not to mention a large part of Police funding comes from ACC and Land Transport on the condition that a certain amount of Police hours are used for traffic enforcement. So Police don't always have a free hand with resource allocation.

There isn't the man power to fully investigate every burglary. Police have had a budget freeze yet they are expected to do more with less.

Don't worry, I'm as frustrated as everyone else, but like you say, it's decisions that are way above my head. I suggest writing to Judith Collins to complain.
    Kscott likes this.

Applied for renewal last July through the Dunedin office three months before my license expired. December it turned up in the post.

You don't need to agree, it's a fact. Not to mention a large part of Police funding comes from ACC and Land Transport on the condition that a certain amount of Police hours are used for traffic enforcement. So Police don't always have a free hand with resource allocation.

There isn't the man power to fully investigate every burglary. Police have had a budget freeze yet they are expected to do more with less.

Don't worry, I'm as frustrated as everyone else, but like you say, it's decisions that are way above my head. I suggest writing to Judith Collins to complain.
    My other police friends say the same thing. Interested to know whether you think the police and traffic police should be separate depts again?