Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Firearms Licence Renewal

Some long waiting times for you lads, I must have been lucky. Submitted my renewal one month prior to it expiring within 2 weeks I was interviewed and cleared good to go. They did however say it will take anywhere from 6-8 weeks for the card to arrive.

I'd ask them to back date it then

Update
    Rang the local firearms office mine went to the printers on the 7th of March 7 - 10 working days to receive
    The TV3 - Gun city debacle has caused all this with change of rules and application of the Law backlog started Nov 2015
    My local office handles 1000 case files at any one time so patience is needed by us all. Apparently up to 10 abusive phone calls are received per day.

And in case anyone asks I'm not related to Crusher Collins either
    Cyclops likes this.

Received my new licence in the mail over the weekend.

Had called and (politely) talked to the arms officer assistant last week, who gave me an eta on my licence and a rundown on the circus show going on in Wellington.
    Bonecrusher likes this.
    Hunting is not a hobby.....its an addiction

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    You don't need to agree, it's a fact. Not to mention a large part of Police funding comes from ACC and Land Transport on the condition that a certain amount of Police hours are used for traffic enforcement. So Police don't always have a free hand with resource allocation.

There isn't the man power to fully investigate every burglary. Police have had a budget freeze yet they are expected to do more with less.

Don't worry, I'm as frustrated as everyone else, but like you say, it's decisions that are way above my head. I suggest writing to Judith Collins to complain.
    I would suggest that writing to Collins would be about as useful as pissing into the wind
    mikee likes this.

Old Thread but new question. My Licence expires in 6 months (E Type, if these will still exist then). With everything going on wondering if I should start the renewal process now. I couldn't find anywhere on the police web site when to actually start renewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevs View Post
    Old Thread but new question. My Licence expires in 6 months (E Type, if these will still exist then). With everything going on wondering if I should start the renewal process now. I couldn't find anywhere on the police web site when to actually start renewing.
    Perhaps change your avatar could be a good start?
    outdoorlad, 308, Gibo and 3 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

In a similar spot to bonecrusher back in 2016, started the renewal in jan, expired ironically on MARCH 15 was vetted first week of feb.
    Rang the arms office as I have a rifle to pickup and need ammo. Nice lady I spoke with dragged out the file and would put it on the aos desk for review, in the meantime send in a mail order form for the rifle and ammo and they will process it as lodging the renewal extends your licence period till the new one is issued.
    I never got a reminder, and it seems there is no system for sending them out its up to the individual office.