Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Firearms Licence Renewal

Another worry is this could be the tip of the iceberg, it'll the Arms Office is this inefficient just getting new licences printed and out to holders, how bad is the rest of their operations, maybe this is why they have many different hymn sheets? Seems it needs a new guy at the top?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

jesus wept mines due for renewal in may and im working away from home till april. gonna have to do something ,but not sure exactly what.

Send you firearms to me! Get Heather to sign the form, NZ couriers. I promise I'll look after them
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    jesus wept mines due for renewal in may and im working away from home till april. gonna have to do something ,but not sure exactly what.
    As long as its in progress, and started before expiry your ok, The local arms officer here in new Plymouth, gave me a paper print out, as mine hadn't arrived, and I had rifles arriving from overseas, and needed something for customs.

My license arrived today, so two months, to the day, from the approval date.
    Maca49 and Pineapple like this.

Quote Originally Posted by southernman View Post
    As long as its in progress, and started before expiry your ok, The local arms officer here in new Plymouth, gave me a paper print out, as mine hadn't arrived, and I had rifles arriving from overseas, and needed something for customs.

My license arrived today, so two months, to the day, from the approval date.
    Well that isn't what happens here in Rottenrua.!!!

I have a friend who has been waiting for his piece of plastic for many many weeks ( something like 8-10 weeks ) He can't get a chit from the arms office so he can't buy ammo or a firearm until the plastic arrives.

One national police force, one standardised set of rules????? Oops there goes a flying pig ( pun intended!!!!) Anyone who believes that must believe in the tooth fairy!!!

It's the shop to blame if they won't call the AO to confirm the existence of a FAL. And if he hasn't got a license on him, he hasn't got a license to buy - same rule applies to everyone with a FAL.

Your paying for a services! What's the Ombudsman say?
    Has anyone written?
    Hey you can always try Fair Go
    At lest with BASC here in the UK they give the cops here a call and a rev...works sometimes
    It is a services that they are providing.
    So complain, not only to your AO but yor local politicians get stuck into them the more that do the better.
    You will see your services get better.
    Here I don't vote for someone until I know which side of the fence he sits in regard to our sport.
    Don't take this "oh not enough funds" bs it's crap they can get your driving licence out in time,

Ok I'm off for a beer

Here's the list for your local MP they will just love to hear how your not going to vote for them because of this bs services...remember they have to replie to every letter. New Zealand Parliament - Current MPs
    And here's the process for the ombudsman complaint.Complaining about state sector agencies | Office of the Ombudsman
    Now I am off for that beer!
    Snowgrass likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    It's the shop to blame if they won't call the AO to confirm the existence of a FAL. And if he hasn't got a license on him, he hasn't got a license to buy - same rule applies to everyone with a FAL.
    It's got fk all to do with the shop!!! This chap can only get into buy ammo etc after the AO staff have packed it in for the day. NOT all people finish work at 1600 or 1630hours eh????

It's all about our friendly police force getting their shit together. My Dealer's licence expired on 3rd feb, I had the visit & a new licence in about 5 days. That is excellent service, but then I HAD paid my $200 tax so I guess the more you pay the faster the service??? Bit like the faster you go the bigger the contribution to the govt slush fund!!!!

What's the NZ national shooting association say about these delays?
    I see that Richard Lincoln stop the police back in 2009 in the high court.
    There's 230000 licence holders in NZ.
    Is the service that bad across all of NZ?
    Or just parts?

It seems, to me, not to be the local FO's fault.
    They receive and process the application which is then sent off elsewhere for further processing and printing.
    My local FOs are helpful people.

When my 16 year got his FAL for his birthday they gave us the licence number when we enquired a month before the printed copy arrived. Having his number was important as it meant I no longer had to actively supervise him on the range.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    It seems, to me, not to be the local FO's fault.
    They receive and process the application which is then sent off elsewhere for further processing and printing.
    My local FOs are helpful people.

When my 16 year got his FAL for his birthday they gave us the licence number when we enquired a month before the printed copy arrived. Having his number was important as it meant I no longer had to actively supervise him on the range.

Referring to the first part of your post: explain to me how my Dealer's licence renewal took less than 7 days for the plastic to arrive in the mail????
    I would assume that the licences are all obtained from the same source.

I was told that the cards area ctually printed in Australia and that they are about 6 weeks behind scedule and that the actual processing by the cops is also behind. Said to the AO that I wanted to pickup my new rifle and get it scoped and sighted-in for the roar, preferably THIS roar,and he said there were hundreds of people (Read clients, paying clients) around the country , in the same waka. Lack of funding, Savage1?? Bullshit. we've paid UP FRONT for this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by keneff View Post
    I was told that the cards area ctually printed in Australia and that they are about 6 weeks behind scedule and that the actual processing by the cops is also behind. Said to the AO that I wanted to pickup my new rifle and get it scoped and sighted-in for the roar, preferably THIS roar,and he said there were hundreds of people (Read clients, paying clients) around the country , in the same waka. Lack of funding, Savage1?? Bullshit. we've paid UP FRONT for this shit.
    Still doesn't explain how my dealer's licence arrived in the snail mail less than 7 days after the inspection of my security???? I don't believe even the Okkers are that efficient!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by top gun View Post
    Still doesn't explain how my dealer's licence arrived in the snail mail less than 7 days after the inspection of my security???? I don't believe even the Okkers are that efficient!!!!
    Can't explain that.
    Perhaps Dealers get special treatment.
    Or there is always an exception to every rule.