Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree607Likes

Thread: No hunting under level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    Those not in America should not assume to know the general consensus of America or what its actually like there. The NZ Media seems like media to us but as a nation we as very left wing. I dont follow ole Boris but I know the situation in the US is not as it is portrayed here (not in regards to corona just in general.
    Sorry Stocky, I also have extensive and current links into the USA.... and you are incorrect. My info is not via the NZ media.
    Cyclops likes this.

Am I right with the status?

Robertson's rethink idea/GAC/NZDA/Seymour's suggestions that the hunting ban should be re-thought/lifted at level 3? -3 days ago now -no word yet

Federated farmers (at least in Otago) have suggested hunting should be discouraged on private land at level 3 https://www.odt.co.nz/news/national/...tarter-hunters
    Is this a nation wide thing with fed farmers? I just checked website i couldn't see anything obvious does anyone know?

Duck opener is definitely cancelled

Is doc allowing hunting to resume? (permits can be issued?) has their been any official word from them? (I just checked website and no mention of what the go is at level 3 only level 4) Tuhoe has however asked for no hunting in Te Urewera

Is this as much as anyone knows?

From Doc https://www.doc.govt.nz/news/issues/covid-19/

Planning for future alert levels
    While we await future Government directions on future COVID-19 Alert levels, DOC is doing a lot of preparation and planning behind the scenes.

DOC's priority is to support New Zealand in stopping the spread of COVID-19 and saving lives. We must stay home to break the chain of community transmission of this deadly virus.

We are working through what the implications of potentially moving to an Alert Level 3 environment will be on both DOC’s work and the use of our facilities on public conservation land.

The government is still making a decision on hunting and other recreation at Alert Level 3.

Once we have further information we will share it with you.

In the meantime, New Zealand is on COVID-19 Alert Level 4 state of emergency and is in lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    From Doc https://www.doc.govt.nz/news/issues/covid-19/

In the meantime, New Zealand is on COVID-19 Alert Level 4 state of emergency and is in lockdown.
    Your fake news.

What’s fake about it?
    Scott29er likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yerimaginaryM8 View Post
    Am I right with the status?

Robertson's rethink idea/GAC/NZDA/Seymour's suggestions that the hunting ban should be re-thought/lifted at level 3? -3 days ago now -no word yet

Federated farmers (at least in Otago) have suggested hunting should be discouraged on private land at level 3 https://www.odt.co.nz/news/national/...tarter-hunters
    Is this a nation wide thing with fed farmers? I just checked website i couldn't see anything obvious does anyone know?

Duck opener is definitely cancelled

Is doc allowing hunting to resume? (permits can be issued?) has their been any official word from them? (I just checked website and no mention of what the go is at level 3 only level 4) Tuhoe has however asked for no hunting in Te Urewera

Is this as much as anyone knows?
    The latest I could find is that they are making a decision on hunting at L3 and it will be done shortly, no solid timeframe but prob by the end of the week? Anyone with better info?

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    @Hiawatha, my bro, can you pls confirm that if I cycle along the Rimutaka rail trail, I will be able to sneak into the hallowed Rapa ?

I can confirm that I live on the outer edges of Upper Hutt, and avoid associating with cafe-going Wellingtonians as a matter of course
    Upper Hutt comes with another set of issues that well pre dates Covid I would think that given that you are on the outer reaches and able to bike over, that we can certainly send you a permit
    ebf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiawatha View Post
    Upper Hutt comes with another set of issues that well pre dates Covid I would think that given that you are on the outer reaches and able to bike over, that we can certainly send you a permit
    Only grant @ebf an entry permit if he bikes over - and no motorcycling or e-cycling and definitely no driving @ebf.

The correct pronunciation is Upper Hood
    Cyclops likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Only grant @ebf an entry permit if he bikes over - and no motorcycling or e-cycling and definitely no driving @ebf.
    My understanding is that under level 3 he will also be permitted to surf over too.
    Cyclops and outlander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiawatha View Post
    My understanding is that under level 3 he will also be permitted to surf over too.
    That'd be some wave, seismic or tidal?

And seeing in the herald, practicing clay pigeons on your property, gets you a full blown police call out! Might be a good idea to ring the local policeman and let him know if your planing on getting practice in.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_H View Post
    This is not directed specifically at you @MB, but anyone on the forums here that feel the need to resort to slander and name calling, be it a politician or another forum member.

Even Socartes stated in his time, "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser."

A more modern quote which I think is relevant was, "Resorting to name calling and profanity is a sign of weakness in an argument, and immaturity. It scares me to think that it's people like you who are allowed to carry guns." Not entirely sure of the source on this one....still researching it.

However, name calling and slander is seen as a means of demeaning and dehumanising another human being. This was a tool of choice of the Germans against the Jews during the second world war. There are many more current examples of it through recent history. It is seen as necessary to dehumanise a person or group of persons, to see them as less than human, before one can systematically cause them harm or killing them.

It is one of the first flags that is looked for when one is trying to profile the person, or groups of persons, who are most likely to cause, harm to others within our society......terrorist, killers, fringe terror groups.

All of us should stop, take a deep breath, and think what is is we are fermenting here....wittingly or unwittingly.....and if you have fooled yourself to thinking the powers to be aren't watching this group and taking note.......you are more lost than I thought.

Again @MB, this isn't directed at you specifically, your more innocuous post, in relation to others, just triggered me to finally write this.

Cheers
    Phil
    Well one could also say that when you liken someone's actions to Germany during WW2 then you've also lost the debate. Unless they really are like them. Over use cheapen's what happened and lowers credibility.

You need to remember that these are politicians. They are not the country's finest people and have signed up to push an agenda with a sweet publicly funded life style to boot

Whilst I don't like the more gender specific ridicule such as how she looks, it is something that all politicians inevitably attract. People get sick of them and frustrated with their decisions.
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    No permission needed. I prefer Syco Hose Beast personally.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    I'm confused again. Is that 'Hose' or 'Horse'? Life eludes me so often.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by outlander View Post
    I'm confused again. Is that 'Hose' or 'Horse'? Life eludes me so often.
    Hose but horse fits

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.