Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree607Likes

Thread: No hunting under level 3

Quote Originally Posted by possum_shooter View Post
    So the next big question is " How long are we going to stay in level 3 for?" My guess is that it will be a lot longer than we were in level 4.
    This new level is really L 3.9. I only expect it to last a couple of weeks while they get a feel for numbers of new cases and then I expect a gradual easing back. Just my gut feeling based on listening and reading.

If it means not going back to L4 I'm up for a couple of weeks of L3.9.

I'm also thinking that lobbying so that we can hunt under the new level is likely to result in tightening of the screws across the grey areas rather than easing to meet hunters' demands.
    Last edited by Tahr; 17-04-2020 at 10:26 AM.
    Hiawatha likes this.

Wouldn’t surprise me if were able to go huntin’ level 2 AND level 1....

Just in case you haven’t figured it out they don’t want us to go hunting....

So is it about the virus ....or something else now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out for my morning walk earlier and spotted a ute with two dead wild pigs on top of its dog box.

So obviously somebody thinks hunting in Level 4 is OK..:

We all would love to hunting,thats for sure.But seeing all those poor people sucking their last breath of air in overseas hospitals and the many chiller trucks out side hospitals getting loaded with bodys.Fk i don't want to see that in NZ.Time will go quick and next spring will be here befor we know it.All our good work staying at home will hopefully have us a healthy population in the future.Hang in there guys.
    7mmsaum, Tahr, mikee and 6 others like this.

As Tahr said this is Level 3.9 with drive through at KFC & Macca’s
    tetawa, Sarvo and outlander like this.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Now could be the perfect time for us hunters and fishermen to all band together and get behind a certain political party that stands up for us and confirms our interests as a large part of their mantra.which party who knows but there is definitely a large voter base for some party to take up.

I'm voting for ACT.

Davey woulda had us out hunting already.

There's 13 people in hospital across the entire country with the virus.

I'm sure they can handle the odd sprained ankle.

R93
    I'm voting act and not just because of their stance on firearms. More so their stance on everything, especially democracy and how consistent their leader is.
    I know it wont happen but would like to see even national kicked to the moon.
    If you can sneak in something as abhorrent as prisoner rights to vote maybe someone else can sneak in some more sensible firearms laws.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam, Cowboy, tetawa and 6 others like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesmate View Post
    some one needs to lobby Winston about this,there are a power of hunters out here and we have some political grunt, common sense needs to be listened to here not some bozo academic in the govt that has no idea.
    Ha ha...Winston.

Look at the big picture. It sucks that you cant go hunting it may be a conspiracy. We have people (may be some on this forum) that are missing out on cancer treatments, operations/surgery, need specs repaired, while hospitals are almost empty. Jobs and just about whole industrys (tourism) gone. Economists throughout the country are telling the government to get things moveing. But no no no lets keep the brakes on so we can have my 1pm curcus show and show the world how great I am. I think not being able to hunt will be of little conciquence when the shit has passed through the fan and we are taxed to the max, (if you are in work) for the rest of your life to pay for this clusterfuck. On a side note why are we still importing this ppe when we have factories stood idle, pretty sure Swazi/ Twinneedle ect could make surgical gowns and masks ect but no we import it bollocks to the local economy. Rant over
    veitnamcam, R93, erniec and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesmate View Post
    I know its a long shot but he's the only one that may give a stuff about us.
    Really? Good grief, he's the one that created this mammoth fuck up two years ago. He got no fucks to give and never has.
    tetawa and Tribrit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    If you can go tramping for a day what is the difference of hunting locally if you're allowed out to do that?

It is clear they are still angling firearms are dangerous and some scroggin eater won't have a scary gun on them if they need rescuing.
    They hate hunters and hunting that is perfectly clear

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Scroggin eater...gold!
    turtle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    As Tahr said this is Level 3.9 with drive through at KFC & Macca’s
    Honestly, im pretty stoked to have a few food options back. Hanging out for a curry from the local

I suspect the primary motivation for not hunting will be the inter regional travel that many hunters need to do in order to go hunting. The rescue services thing is a complete copout when you are allowing things like mountain biking, surfing and swimming to go ahead.

A far fairer and balanced way would be just to say you may go for a day hunt or hike so long as it is an area that is locally accessed by you.

At least ill be able to go for a shore dive to rabbit island, along with all 2000 other spearos in tauranga
    chainsaw and Russian 22. like this.

Is duck shooting hunting?, sitting on your fat arse waiting for them to arrive, and giving your lungs some exercise in pristine air?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough