Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

Like Tree517Likes

Thread: Total lock down in 48hours

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Hello left hand, meet right hand. You should talk to one another. One the one hand the Ministry of Health says it is OK to go hunting and on the other hand the Department of Conservation think it is not. Doh!
    tetawa, stingray and Chelsea like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Hello left hand, meet right hand. You should talk to one another. One the one hand the Ministry of Health says it is OK to go hunting and on the other hand the Department of Conservation think it is not. Doh!
    Too bad common sense isn't too common anymore, bite the bullet like the majority of the country and stay home. I'm sure SAR/police etc. would be well pleased having to head out away from their families during this time and rescue anyone whose had an accident and set off their PLB. The more people that head out, the more chance there is of f**king this up for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.m View Post
    Unfortunately for those that follow the rules, not much public land hunting is going to happen.
    Email from DOC below.
    Attachment 133692
    Sucky if that’s true. Website not updated yet. I don’t get the chance to get out much, and had an overnighter planned this Friday for the last 6 weeks. Local to me. Same district. Was going to tent well away from the hut. Was hoping to get fill the freezer and avoid more time in the supermarket.

That is irrational. Next thing DoC will try banning beach access I suppose ! Gotta be a bs windup surely?
    Chelsea likes this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Really nobody should be going anywhere for 2 weeks minimum.....you may be infected and not know.....get in the bush and then fall ill with a deadly virus ?
    stingray and Steve123 like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Mike Bush said on ZB this morning that you can't go to the beach and that sort of thing, police will enforce it. Despite the Govt saying you can. I'm guessing their stance on hunting is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    Mike Bush said on ZB this morning that you can't go to the beach and that sort of thing, police will enforce it. Despite the Govt saying you can. I'm guessing their stance on hunting is the same.
    So just another case of the police making up their own laws as they see fit?
    tetawa, stingray and blake like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    The current statement by Ardern that If we dont do this, tens of thousands of New Zealanders may die" gives the lie to their rate of decision making.
    I am self isolating from today but I have a niggling concern about mail deliveries ; how clean are all the letters, invoices newpapers etc. We are rural mail.
    Letters, Newspapers and invoices? WTF are those?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

We open, read, destroy then wash our hands.
    Summer grass
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Letters, Newspapers and invoices? WTF are those?
    Fuck it, I am in self imposed lockdown so here goes.

Letters (in this instance) are words written on pieces of paper Typically sent between people that like one another. Being the cantankerous old coot you are, you probably won’t get many.

Newspapers are Fish and Chip wrappers in the larval stage. Generally printed in black on white news print paper, they are full of lies and flights of fancy made up by people called journalists (which is a collective noun for a group of sycophantic people who write stories about other people’s misery because the can’t actually uncover any real news).

Invoices are a claim made by a seller to a buyer where the seller has provided the buyer with a product or service in response to a promise of deferred payment. You will not likely receive any invoices as your wife doesn’t let you have money, let alone buy anything.

How are you holding up you old bugger? I mowed five acres of paddocks with a ride on lawn mower today just to break the boredom. The upside is that my Iwatch says I have done 23,396 steps so I can eat shit loads tonight.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Like the wanker from Fish and Game,states you can't go hunting during the roar but you will be able to go game bird hunting in the season. Hurry and spend your dollars on a game bird licence, but who knows if the season will eventuate any way. Money will stay in my pocket.
    madjon_ and 7mmwsm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    If the govt had any fucken initiative whatever the borders would have been closed last month.

Govt tells everyone not to panic-buy. Look at it!
    See how many people trust the govt, ultimately...
    People panic buy because they are Jack (term that means only caring about yourself) and are idiots. Nothing to do with the government lol.
    gilly and WillB like this.

As a SAR member I don't want to be called out but if it happens I will respond, as a new hunter I want to go out and fill the freezer but I won't.
    deer243, McNotty, WillB and 4 others like this.

Hunting permits withdrawn by DOC, maybe they'll find a reason to not reissue, then firearm ownership necessity will diminish.

I've only been hunting for 60+ years. For some strange reason I have not had sar look for me and when I suffered injury I somehow managed to extricate myself. Today I dont think I will create a hazard for myself or anyone if I take a few hours ambling with my dog and rifle in easy country.
    Brian, 7mmwsm, tetawa and 5 others like this.
    Summer grass
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.