Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Another what rifle thread

northdude
    Do you think the tikka would be up there with the others mentioned

I love my Tikka T1x, I have 2 CZ452s and I 100% prefer the Tikka.

The thing that drew me too the Tikka was the ability to use T3x stocks and accessories if I wanted to in the future.
    I've kept the factory stock but added a cheek piece, vertical grip and forend, I like it set up that way but may go for a chassis in the future.

If you were planning to keep it in factory format then a Weihrauch or Anschutz may be a nicer option but I planned to tinker with my T1 from day one.
    A mate has a new Anschutz 1761 on order which i'll be keen to compare to the T1, no idea when he will actually get it though.

I don't know what stocks you are allowed to use in 4 position or what stocks are best suited for that style of shooting, the stock and trigger are probably the two most important aspects that will help or hinder you in positional shooting.

northdude
    Its basicly 4 position sporting rifle comps

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Do you think the tikka would be up there with the others mentioned
    Guessing here, but of the new guns I'd put the Weihrauch and the Anschutz 64 at the top with the Tikka slightly behind them, and the CZ slightly behind that. On average.

I doubt there can ever be a definitive answer to one of these questions. Even if you just looked at pure accuracy and took all personal preference out of it how do you find someone who has the experience to give you a proper comparison? Not many people around who have multiple high-end .22's to shoot head-to-head, who are good enough shots to really prove the rifles accuracy, can conduct an unbiased review, AND can account for the fact that for any given rifle make and model some examples will shoot better than others anyway, and probably all with different ammo types to boot.

Make sure you don't discount what she wants. I've fallen into that trap before.

northdude
    Yea just getting ideas of what to try out she knows she wants to step up from the savage but not sure what to

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Yea just getting ideas of what to try out she knows she wants to step up from the savage but not sure what to
    The tikka could be a pretty good option. Throw the bolt on pistol grip and wide forend and youll still be well short of your budget. Should have way nicer ergos than the Savage. Tikka have the edge in that price range imo just due to the now lego nature of the platform.

Fwiw The lithgow Ive played with was an absolute laser. They are a bloody good rifle

you might consider waiting a little bit - Ken from 55Six just posted a few days ago that he is bringing in the Begara B14-R barreled actions in 22LR, these are built for NRL22 in the states - I have no idea what pricing will be like but they are supposed to be awesome rifles - and you get access to a lot of stocks/chassis etc as they are R700 platform.

Tikka T1X UPR could be a solid option - or a standard T1X in a chassis.

Ruger have the new Ruger American Long Range Target which looks good - but I haven't seen one in NZ yet, or the Ruger Precision which is readily available.

The Lithgow is supposed to be awesome - check out Taranaki Long Range Shooters - he's done quite a few videos with the Lithgow LA101 and a T1X