Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Is buying 69 firearms from GunCity in 18 months signs of an addiction ?

That's good to hear firsthand info. That's my opinion and I think it could work if backed across the board but I'm happy to hear others. Harsher penalties is always a good thing it just has to be reasonable for it to even have a chance to be heard.

Sent from my Browning

We should go back to the original arms act of 1983.

It would be interesting to know how he got caught? I agree there should be harsher penalties for crims who have/use guns.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Firearm registry has been a feature in South Africa for ever. All the criminals I ever accosted with rusty AK 47s', Norinco 9mm hand guns, Baby Brownings' and Homemades etc. never held a licence or could even spell register.
    Registry doesn't work there and the illegal firearms probably out number the registered ones. The naughty guns over there are also really naughty as most have the option of Automatic and that's where the switch is left mostly.
    We really don't need more unnecessary bureaucratic nonsense in God's Own. It's just fine the way it is, thank you very much.

use the illegal monies from his gun sales plus any recovered from the deficient doses of DNA(aka Customers)to rent his prison cell for 10yrs.let him go cold turkey from the meth shit.yes tis extreme but it might just make him realise 5mins of glory brings 10yrs of hell .also his socalled mates might think twice about being out of pocket supporting this scrote!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    use the illegal monies from his gun sales plus any recovered from the deficient doses of DNA(aka Customers)to rent his prison cell for 10yrs.let him go cold turkey from the meth shit.yes tis extreme but it might just make him realise 5mins of glory brings 10yrs of hell .also his socalled mates might think twice about being out of pocket supporting this scrote!
    Man after me own heart Kotuku.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Redbull addict
    I went into Hunting and Fishing a month ago and brought 3 firearms. I would have thought this would be quite common for shops like this, to see people buy a few firearms at once. H&F only record sales in a book on the counter so i doubt that excessive purchases would be noticed.

[QUOTE=jord;242608]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk660 View Post

Good on you. I agree - it's the wrong attitude. It needs to be backed across the board though which is always hard ebcuase not many like change.

I can't stress how easy it is to do this sort of thing online now - just as car rego, ownership and even the mechanic doing your WOF is all done online etc

If the dealer does that when you buy new or second hand from them, then the work is done for you - instead of writing in their book under the counter they just wack in a few details onto the system and bang it's done and with the internet now days it can be centralised very very easily. As for private sales....over the internet when the deal is taking place at the buyer/sellers home or go down to the post office like you do with car ownership but instead of the VIN you have a firearm serial number. The only thing that will stop it working is the anti brigade. I'm not for disarmament or anything rediculous like that but for shit sake look at what has just happened as the result - yes he got caught....after 69 firearms had passed through unnoticed! It didn't work and was removed in 82 because in my opinion the technology wasn't there - not saying it can't be done but it is really not that hard to set up and run these days.
    Jord (and Mowhawk660) mate, I have had B and E endorsements since forever and these firearms ARE registered with police. I get randomly Visited and my security checked every year. If I had a dollar for every time their list of what I am supposed to have was incorrect then I would be a few bob ahead. I keep all my Permits to Procure an copies of the ones sent to me by people I have sold stuff too. I am only talking 10 or so firearms over this time. So if that can't get that right then a registry is doomed to fail. I also have a feeling if I hadn't kept copies of all the paperwork I might have been is a difficult spot. Unfortunate but true.

Sometimes Bad people do bad stuff and they should be caught and punished, end of story.
    Last edited by mikee; 29-04-2014 at 09:07 PM.
    veitnamcam likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Sometimes Bad people do bad stuff and they should be caught and punished, end of story.
    Totally agree.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I also don't want the police having a shopping list of what I have. Remember when they literally gave the personal details of a shitload of trademe members to criminals? (The urewera terrorist deal). And remember when you could access also kinds of stuff from any old public terminal in WINZ? Government cybersecurity sucks

Gun City's sales people are probably on a monthly sales bonus scheme, anyway they caught the dickhead and I dare say he will go inside for a few years. The cops will watch him closely when he is released. Hope he gets his arse pounded inside.

That's a real shame mikee. Thanks for insight into those cats and way they have been handled.
    I'm in no way saying these bastards shouldn't be caught and punished. I'm 110% for that. And they should be punished harshly. I think a register should be made at least for new purchases. Like our vehicle ownership register. Online and on time - that system works fine - as you say, our current firearms one does not. They are not the same in structure at all and neither was the one scrapped in 82. The Canadian one is a failure and I don't dispute that. A register/registry doesn't mean a government department needs to be set up nor does it mean checking any and every firearm yearly, it does however offer a starting point to get a picture at what we're dealing with in NZ and a way to at least begin tracking firearms so shit like this can be identified earlier than 69 guns down the track.

Sent from my Browning

He was caught, firearms crime is a non existent issue here, the system worked, looking for a registry is just trying to fuck yourself
    outdoorlad and scaggly like this.

Jord, I'll have to agree to disagree.
    dogmatix likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Jord, I'll have to agree to disagree.
    I respect that as do I your opinion.

I have a fairly personal tie to this issue and perhaps it's clouding my judgement - one thing we can agree on is this guy is a cock and I'm glad he's been caught.