Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Is buying 69 firearms from GunCity in 18 months signs of an addiction ?

I think David Tipple has a love hate relationship with the NZ Police - note he loves to hate them and he will be as obstructive as he can possibly be when it comes to dealing with them.
    Has a civil libertarian political biasis but would have thought the time spent in the US Penal system might have moderated his views

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Complete agree Gimp.

Also helps to see this whole debate from the perspective of either you or a family member being in prison for whatever reason... If you were behind bars, how would you like to be treated ?

The "hard labour, zero rehabilitation" approach definitely breeds more repeat offenders in my view.

Problem is prison is too late, programs like the Naenae boxing academy etc do more to help young guys getting their shit sorted than any prison rehabilitation program ever would...
    I don't think it should be any of those things but simply a place where you end up with no freedom to go about your business. Not comfortable but not uncomfortable either. I was always of the belief that prisons were places to put lawbreaking people to keep "regular people" safe. Not really a punishment but more to keep the 2 sides apart.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

ChrisF, I think you've go it in one mate. Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    Some of you guys , really miss the point ,
    8 ) Prison rehab , its been proven NOT to work for countless years , BUT what does the GovT / Prison still do , you guessed It , rehab , ( the people that run the rehab , are laughing their asses off )

Later Chris
    It's a 'conundrum'. We want the monsters removed from society but we lack the resolve to see it through.
    steven likes this.

res
    Your forum name says it all
    Using Tapatalk

A robust and faultless justice system is needed before capital punishment could be looked at as an option otherwise the stakes are far too high and we all know that having a faultless justice system is about as likely as shooting a 14 pointer in Jaffa land from southland with an air pistol.

Sent from my Browning
    gimp, ebf and steven like this.

how can I "like" that post twice?

Unlike it, then simply like it again. Done.

The penal system & public attitude has shifted bias so much that it seems more about rehabilitation of criminals, than punishing them.

Surely, victims of crime deserve justice for being wronged, as much if not more than society can be blamed for failing said criminals.
    There is a lack of consequence.
    veitnamcam and Proneshooter like this.

This was on the Herald site today for anyone interested: Jail for selling $50k worth of firearms to criminals - National - NZ Herald News

And the typical Granny Herald (who have their pay for view subscription service ready to go - no big loss) have their agenda on 'easy' access and registration as per normal in the article.
    But barely touch on the fact this scum bag somehow managed to get a license with 53 previous convictions in Australia!?

WTF? Isn't it then a vetting issue for NZ Police that allowed this guy to legally purchase the arms and ammo?
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Another police licensing failure? Never

Imagine how easily universal registration would be handled!

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Another police licensing failure? Never

Imagine how easily universal registration would be handled!
    Absolutely fool proof and 120% accurate, just like the last time.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Duh you'd only get honest ones in the system, horse gone bolted! 5 yrs for illegally selling firearms and making P? Should be a min of 30 yrs what dumb arsed laws we have. Believe shortly on a non collectors licence it will be a max of six pistols and 25 mixed shotguns/ rifles.
    All licence renewals in the BOP I believe is requiring an approved safe. Six mm to front and 3mm to rest! Believe this is the requirement of the new district commander, unconfirmed only what I hear. Seems it's all ad hock?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Duh you'd only get honest ones in the system, horse gone bolted! 5 yrs for illegally selling firearms and making P? Should be a min of 30 yrs what dumb arsed laws we have. Believe shortly on a non collectors licence it will be a max of six pistols and 25 mixed shotguns/ rifles.
    All licence renewals in the BOP I believe is requiring an approved safe. Six mm to front and 3mm to rest! Believe this is the requirement of the new district commander, unconfirmed only what I hear. Seems it's all ad hock?
    And not really legal