Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Exactly how illegal is it to shoot C-Cat guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsen Highway View Post
    I have fired full auto for the government and I could hit a man sized target at 100m several times in a short burst, but I was probably the only one who could hit it with more than the first shot. But then, my outfit were hardly combat hardened. They taught us the first response to anything was a full mag on full auto. I privately decided I would have no use for full auto for anything other than such a response, or what is called suppressing fire, or exploratory fire. But then for house clearing and suchlike, I would want a PPSH. And grenades. Or better yet, a full and accommodating peace agreement.
    No argument from me Carlsen Highway.
    Preacher likes this.

ebf
    Fcuk me ! This thread should be quoted as an example for "making friends and influencing people"

I'm just an greying simple hunter & target shooter, so will toddle off to bed now
    Nickoli and Preacher like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by outlander View Post
    I've never seen so many shades of legality in NZ law unfortunately. I've also never ever seen a bored person load a belt bored, except in rear echelon or just kicking the shit. Loading a belt in my experience was a dire necessity and was not accounted for, as in an unexpected fire fight.
    My point was more about it being illegal to own and or operate a firearm that requires such. It is simply illegal, there is no kind of legal situation whereby you can fire a fully auto weapon as a civilian.
    The loading comment was more around training although multiple jams due to someone not really caring is pretty shit