Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Exactly how illegal is it to shoot C-Cat guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    How is this even "hypothetically" still a thread? The answer is and will probably always remain a solid No. Want to fire on automatic, join the Army. Don't want to do that then thread is still retarded in the first place.
    Clean your panties out babe.

Open question: do the DOC boys culling from helicopters use full autos? Why or why not?
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWuce View Post
    Open question: do the DOC boys culling from helicopters use full autos? Why or why not?
    No they don't, as you now know its not allowed for under legislation.
    mikee likes this.

Nope. Using shotguns on semi auto. Because its easier to hi a moving target with buck shot, and they dont have time to haze that many tahr.

Why not? several reasons- 1st and primarily- they are not included in the laws and exemptions that allow the armed forces to use them, means under no circumstances would they be allowed. 2nd, I seriously doubt they would have the budget for that, and 3rd, because the helicopters available would not have enough room for all the new doc employees that would sign up just to see if they can "have a shot at it". let alone the budget for the ammo they will undoubtedly burn through.

With reference to the first one, it could have been easier to train soldiers to shoot Tahr, and treat it as a combines DoC cull, and a Military training excercise. If they retrieved the carcasses, they could also feed the armed forces as well. (survival training on how to process food behind enemy lines...?)

All said tongue in cheek, just in case anyone takes it personally....
    Moa Hunter likes this.

And here I was imagining them massacring wallabies with a minigun.

Just kidding, though I had assumed they got the "required for my job" excemption. Seems a lot more humane to triple tap them with full auto or at least burst fire to make sure they don't get gut shot and die slowly and painfully but what do I know.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

I really don't know, but I'd hope not. My experience firing 7.62x51 on full auto with an R1 with a 20/30 rd magazine would lead to mostly xero hits from a moving helicopter and we only carried around 250 rounds each, so they disappeared real quick. A door gunner with either 7.62x51 or 50 cal and many canisters for effect is the go. Even with feet placed firmly on the ground and firing an R5 ( 5.56) with a 30/40/50 rd mag on full auto will see few hits on a life sized target at 25 metres. Practice does help, but very few old soldiers or police would contemplate more than 4 or 5 round bursts. Semi auto is way more sensible.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

ebf
    Just kidding, though I had assumed they got the "required for my job" excemption. Seems a lot more humane to triple tap them with full auto or at least burst fire to make sure they don't get gut shot and die slowly and painfully but what do I know.
    Not a whole lot when it comes to firearm sit seems...

Full auto fire is not exactly an accurate way of shooting, despite what you see in the movies...

Having said that, most culling operations are not really concerned with ethical shot placement.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

I found a full auto legal loophole!!! Airsoft!
    Max Headroom likes this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    How is this even "hypothetically" still a thread? The answer is and will probably always remain a solid No. Want to fire on automatic, join the Army. Don't want to do that then thread is still retarded in the first place.

It is against the law to own and fire fully automatic live firing weapons in New Zealand. Pretty simple really.
    '
    Well Preacher you need to be converted not us. 'Man Speak' is statistically 90% humour mixed with 10% facts. Lets all keep it at that ratio and avoid the 'lesbian speak'
    Cordite and outlander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    '
    Well Preacher you need to be converted not us. 'Man Speak' is statistically 90% humour mixed with 10% facts. Lets all keep it at that ratio and avoid the 'lesbian speak'
    That is just sooooo abusive speech. It should be shut down, suppressed, outlawed. Help! I'm melting!!! [snowflake metamorphoses into snowdrop]
    outlander and Preacher like this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

@TheWuce, like your avatar.

Do you suffer from incontinence yourself or just have a fetish for people shitting their pants?

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    at a recent comp for a different discipline I went to, one of the guys had an obviously too short firearm and was quite proud to admit that he did not have a B endorsement. kinda boggles the mind, it is really not that hard to get the correct endorsement and do things the right way...
    The legal determination of length for rifles is still before the courts, so if this rifle was >762mm with a stock extended, he may not be in breach of any law. So, he wouldn't need a B endorsement.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    outlander likes this.

Not a whole lot when it comes to firearm sit seems...

Full auto fire is not exactly an accurate way of shooting, .
    Several round bursts on full auto is plenty accurate for what I was describing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    Do you suffer from incontinence yourself or just have a fetish for people shitting their pants?
    Why not both?

ebf
    Several round bursts on full auto is plenty accurate for what I was describing.
    and how would you know this ?
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

and how would you know this ?
    There's this magical new thing called YouTube where people like IV88 and Eric Pettway regularly fire and discuss the accuracy potential of full auto guns. Crazy right?