Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: How to get your rifle to shoot less than MOA

okay my internet is shit and driving me nuts I'll be back with several extremely sarcastic posts tomorrow, possibly advising people to learn to read

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    So you need to shoot a group to zero.

Ah yes, one of the two things I already mentioned that groups can give you useful information for

As for "testing" the rifle, what are you trying to test about it beyond zeroing or load development? If you're trying to test it, why not do it in a way that gives you a decent amount of information, ie multiple groups on one page? That gives you a lot more information about relative POI, precision etc than single groups at random times.

It shouldn't be the big sensitive ~*my ego*~ thing that it seems to be where everyone gets real mad if you suggest that their .2543556424" 3 shot group doesn't mean much, it should be "what information am I looking for and how is this going to help me get it?"

I had a real long post all typed up and my internet died and I lost it so this is all I'm doing

its the internet , talk is cheap. go to the range and see how many people shoot half inch all day. I certainly dont
    Wildman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    So you re saying because you cant others can,t as well ? Ha ha I know you re trying to start a fight but I know a couple who can consistently cos I ve seen it he he ..

Midgets that tight on wasting paper he usually uses the same hole three times... Don't let him round your girlfriend before she can say Im not that kind girl she will be ...he he ..
    No I'm not saying I can't do it nor am I saying I can, however I know I cannot do it consistently day after day ( and I shoot almost everyday) even if my Rifle is capable of doing 1/4" groups I can't always achieve it. What gets to me is the hype and bullshit about groups, but fuck it I doubt there is anyone on here that can shoot consistent 1/4 or even 1/2" groups consistently....one small group does not make a 1/4" shooter, however 20 -25x 1/4" inch groups with a benchrest rifle proves it to be a 1/4" rifle
    if ya get what I'm saying. Gimp has made some spot on points to this thread already and even if he is only shit stirring ( which I believe he has done on more than one occaission) he is totally correct. I suspect if you are shooting 1/4" groups with your sporter then your measuring device is fucked and needs replacing
    Ground Control likes this.

I CAN READ!, I cant spell tho and that makes me look like more of a retard than a photo(if thats possible)
    Yea you said other than load development and zeroing, thats the point I was trying to make! fucked if I am burning off ammo and barrel/brass life just to post one good group on the interweb.

I may be ugly, I may be fat and unfit, I may fuck your sister. But if i say a rifle i own(ed) will shoot MOA or half or what ever it fucking WILL CONSISTANTLY! or you can fly me to where ever it ended up and I will show you it will off a bipod in a puddel of dairy cow shit or whatever you like.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

The two on left were 5 including adjustments. Others are three. Wifes tikka 223.

I stand by my accuracy statements of my rifles and welcome witnesses if they dont believe me. Redbang has watched me shoot groups with this rifle amdnshot a few himself and can testify to its precision

Please note in my original post ....I said "most people can't do it consistently"

Ah, a good old Tikka with a pretty standard Tikka group! ;-)
    Shearer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I CAN READ!, I cant spell tho and that makes me look like more of a retard than a photo(if thats possible)
    Yea you said other than load development and zeroing, thats the point I was trying to make! fucked if I am burning off ammo and barrel/brass life just to post one good group on the interweb.

I may be ugly, I may be fat and unfit, I may fuck your sister. But if i say a rifle i own(ed) will shoot MOA or half or what ever it fucking WILL CONSISTANTLY! or you can fly me to where ever it ended up and I will show you it will off a bipod in a puddel of dairy cow shit or whatever you like.
    Does it really need to be Dairy Cow Shit or will shit from other Bovine types be OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveh054 View Post
    Please note in my original post ....I said "most people can't do it consistently"
    Was the "all you guys that...." that distracted me from your "most people"....
    Please note my left-right is messed up as pic has rotated.
    At the shoot with norway we ran some.different drills. I made some stupid mistakes on some.earlier drills bit aftdr a quiet word to myself comfortably put 3 shots on the 1/2 moa target in the know your limits drill. Gimp was there and saw. Its all factory. 7mm08 is much the same as 223 in terms of groups. 7mm mag has off and on days and is currently getting a new barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Steveh054 View Post
    Does it really need to be Dairy Cow Shit or will shit from other Bovine types be OK?
    I can provide some for the test

Does the rifle have off and on days or the shooter?
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Does the rifle have off and on days or the shooter?
    Both
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by distant stalker View Post
    The two on left were 5 including adjustments. Others are three. Wifes tikka 223.
    This is peeeerfect. Look at the diffferent POI of each group. If you overlay them all, do they still make a ~*half moa*~ group?? Or could it be that 3 shot groups don't give much information in isolation