Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Oceania Defence suppressors

IMHO you should research a bit more about the Suppressors you may be interested, if they will service your needs, how they are made, how "modified" they can be, etc.
    ask all the manufactures for the especifications and for what and how they can be used.

Research more, I did it.

All the best.

think i like the price of my dpt and i'll buy another for my bolt gun. cant really justify the price of a titanium one plus rapid fire doesn't interest me. but everyones entitled to there own needs/wants
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by turner nz View Post
    just had a look at the 556 OD suppressor on nzar15 says 230grams yet the dpt is 192grams why the hell would you buy the OD one ? or am i missing something ?
    You mean you would really buy a suppressor based solely on how much it weighs???? Yeah, you are missing something.......

well thanks for elaborating.... but yeah that would be on top of my list. not to mention the cost

the dpt modular are well made little units effective enough to be usefull in suppressing and light as can be without going POP
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

ODL
    Quote Originally Posted by turner nz View Post
    just had a look at the 556 OD suppressor on nzar15 says 230grams yet the dpt is 192grams why the hell would you buy the OD one ? or am i missing something ?
    In the past we made several 556 cans for different rifles set ups. If you check our site, the Samson model has always been in the 172 gram weight range while the one you are referring to is being discontinued. I am modifying the new Samson to do the work of both cans with the weight reducing to around 165 grams and the length forward increasing slightly. It will only overlap the barrel by 45mm. If you want light weight and an overlapping barrel design, this one is pretty light and the new design should be tested in a week for sound. It is only designed for semi auto use, not full auto. I have other cans available for full auto or burst fire.

Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments on the cans!
    Oceania-Defence.com

Quote Originally Posted by ODL View Post
    In the past we made several 556 cans for different rifles set ups. If you check our site, the Samson model has always been in the 172 gram weight range while the one you are referring to is being discontinued. I am modifying the new Samson to do the work of both cans with the weight reducing to around 165 grams and the length forward increasing slightly. It will only overlap the barrel by 45mm. If you want light weight and an overlapping barrel design, this one is pretty light and the new design should be tested in a week for sound. It is only designed for semi auto use, not full auto. I have other cans available for full auto or burst fire.

Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments on the cans!
    You seem to be out of your previous models, and in the middle of developing new ones @ODL ?

What is the redesign all about, what models and calibre's will be offered and when will they be available...?

Cheers

ODL
    Yes, a lot of development work is in process. The 556 Samson has been around for quite a while and is a very good can. Digit has my last one in stock. Next week the new 556-45 Samson will be finished. I am reducing the OAL of the can, reducing the amount over the barrel and increasing the amount in front of the barrel. The primary idea is to reduce the inventory requirements and provide smaller lighter cans. At the same time I am updating the baffles with all the latest research. The goal is to provide the best sound in the least weight/ least size with minimum increase in back pressure and the ability to provide semi auto rates of fire.

I am just finishing off the pistol can which will be in stock next week (and is currently in one retailers store) for 9mm and will have the 9mm sub gun can in as well. I have not finished off the work on the 762 and blackout can but I have 6 different ones built for testing. The QD is offshore being tested by people with full auto and better ammo budgets than I have so I will get some really good feedback and have these QD units available for the public soon. These are real QD units that lock on with a 60 degree twist, not a brake mounted thread device.
    Oceania-Defence.com

*polishing eftpos card in anticipation*

You going to do a mid calibre version of say the 7.62?

7.62 and down

Say 6.5mm and down?

Must be some efficiency for the medium cals to do that?
    @ODL

ODL
    Maybe, I will probably have to prove to myself at least if it is worth it or not. Stocking too many parts gets expensive!
    Oceania-Defence.com

OK thanks

... have you been testing the 7.62 cans on smaller calibre's and how effectively do they perform... what sort of loss of efficiency do you get with a 30 cal hole using something smaller like a 243 or a 6.5x55?

It would be nice to have one 30 cal can effectively transferrable between 7.62 - 6mm with individual QD fittings on each rifle.....is that realistic?
    outdoorlad and mikee like this.

Glad I have been a slack bastard getting a suppressor @ODL your new ones sound just the thing - ready next week you reckon?

res
    A qd 9mm subgun can sounds like what I need!
    Using Tapatalk

OK so I have a LW profile barrel where the diameter of the barrel section between muzzle and gas port is stepped down

Name:  dd-9083_1 - Copy.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  22.2 KB

Using an over-barrel suppressor like an @ODL one the only point of contact will be the muzzle thread and the over barrel section will just be free-floating. Not ideal I guess?