Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Oceania Defence suppressors

I'd be happy with a FH option for your new QD design instead of an A2 attach can. Either one. Just don't want a brake.... FH is much nicer to be around..

Quote Originally Posted by ODL View Post
    Yes, it will be right after the current QD is finished. I am doing a redesign on the brake to make it a machined part and to make it primarily a very good brake.

Keep in mind that an A2 FH can vary a lot from various manufacturer. I won't guarantee that it will work with every FH but it should work with all mil spec FH's. It also won't seal as well as the new QD design above. It will be very handy for those that want to use an A2 though and due to the weight, shouldn't change POI very much.

Thanks for that! Take your time. Keep in mind that all the big names have been chasing each other and doing much the same thing.

With a few people in the states starting to take measurements from the ear instead of just the muzzle, I think there will be some redesigns on many products. The main one will be cans primarily optimized to bolt guns and cans optimized to SA. This is mainly to do with back pressure problems on SA that cause the sound signature at the ear to be more than at the muzzle on many cans.

Sound is sound and a can is only as good as the maximum sound level it produces on the rifle system whether it is at the muzzle or out the chamber. Frankly, pushing sound out the chamber to get a good muzzle number is bad for the rifle and bad for the shooter in my opinion. This is why I will produce data on all my new cans with sound at the right ear as well as mil spec at the muzzle.

Of course, you can change your gas system, change your buffer and a lot of other things but I will keep one rifle set up as a bog standard M4 so that I can get a feel for how the can is working. This is also why I give actual numbers rather than an ambiguous XX dB's. By giving all the test data on the rifle, ammo, where the measurements were taken, a customer can get an idea of how the product performs. Due to overly competitive marketing people at some companies, you get an XX dB rating that doesn't say if it was at the ear or muzzle and often you find that a can that is marketed as a "full auto rated can" is tested on a bolt gun for sound reduction.
    Mean I want to out fit all my guns with an A2 FH so that would be the tits

@ODL what is the retail on the 556-45 suppressors?

ODL
    Currently 675 inclusive. This is likely to go up before the next batch though. I have one standing by if you want it. Just ring or email.
    Oceania-Defence.com

ODL
    Here is an update on the new AR10 can.

Weight 225 grams
    OAL 215
    Length past muzzle - 158
    OD 38
    Length from shoulder to aft surface - 38
    5/8-24 thread
    Diameter of over barrel section -19.35

One blast baffle
    One end baffle
    Seven intermediate baffles
    Exit aperture - 10mm

They should be ready for testing next week along with a new batch of the 556-45 Samson.
    Oceania-Defence.com

I just noticed , that you have made a Stainless Steel suppressor as well ?

Hi ODL ,

First off , well done on the Glock 17 suppressor , of all the browning tilting barrel pistols , the plastic framed pistols like the Glock etc are the more difficult to get working .
    The alloy framed pistols like the Sig 226 are easier to get working compared to the Glocks .
    Good to see you are also working with SS , as this hopefully will give you a model thats less in cost than a TI model , which may mean your cans get more wide spread use in NZ .

I have just sent out the photocopied articles , you should get it in a few days .

RE : Baffle design , one thing I have constantly heard from US makers , is that for rifles ( supersonic ) , the blast baffle ( 1st baffle ) should be symetrical , after that you can do pretty much anything , ie asymetrical .
    With subsonic , ie most pistol cals , you can use either symetrical or asymetric , as the 1st baffles etc .

If you look at the mono core Titan , which was designed for the 338LM , you will see , blast baffle is symetrical , then all the rest are asymetircal ( slanted to bore axis ) , the Titan is a mono core thats the slipped into a tube thats has holes drilled in a pattern to match the interoir design , then plug welded .

The " K " baffles where made originally for pistol cals , and work well for them , be aware that they can be a little weak for rifle use , as they can colapse unless strenghtened ,

Omega baffles can be use on either pistol or rifle , they suit a wider can , as the spacer is under sized , and this makes a co ax effect .

Sent the pattern drawings for Omega , and K baffles , the notched stepped cone baffles that a few makers use , are a modification on the Omega .

Also sent pics of the Ase Utra , Jet Z baffles ( blue ) , and the S baffles of their SS design .

Most current designs , use normal CNC/lathes & simple casting or stamping in the manufacture , as you are using 3D printing your designs donot need to be consticted by normal manufactoring methods .

In pistols , in 9mm , Glock & Sig 226 dominate , so cans that function on these 2 will cover most users , I would think you may need different Neilsen devices , one for the Glock & one for the Sig .

Yours Chris
    I am waiting on your 308 suppressor that mounts over a brake , as I think it will suit a PH rifle I have .

So I am interested in 3 TI models , the 308 & 338 boltgun cans over brake ones , and maybe a 9mm can as well , the 308 would be a 5/8x24 & the 338 std AI , 18x1.5mm ,

Later Chris

Hi - do you have a price on this yet?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ODL View Post
    Here is an update on the new AR10 can.

Weight 225 grams
    OAL 215
    Length past muzzle - 158
    OD 38
    Length from shoulder to aft surface - 38
    5/8-24 thread
    Diameter of over barrel section -19.35

One blast baffle
    One end baffle
    Seven intermediate baffles
    Exit aperture - 10mm

They should be ready for testing next week along with a new batch of the 556-45 Samson.

We will have some ODL cans at the Sika Show.

ODL
    Thanks for that Chris! Yes, all my first blast baffles are symmetric with a "brake" of sorts to release the initial blast off the bullet as clean as possible. I have some really trick baffle technology for the middle ones and the last one is symmetrical of course.

The SS can is 15-5 for full auto use and is actually dearer than the ti can. I am exploring low cost options for bolt cans for future development once the sound is optimized on the ti models. Thanks for the kind words on the Glock can. It is really fun to shoot. They are fussy and I may have to change springs since the Gen 4 Glock spring is different to the older ones and may need to be rewound.

Price on the AR10 can will be in the 800 range. It still needs optimization but it is getting close. Digit will have an example this week.
    308 likes this.
    Oceania-Defence.com

Yes ,

I thought the Gen4 may need a different booster , its sad that Glock does not really make threaded barrels for suppressors like Sig does , the American Glock factory has just made a few factory suppressor barrels , but they are for the gen3 model & not the newer Gen4 Glock .
    Maybe get a Glock 17 gen4 , and buy a extra Glock 34 gen4 barrel & thread that to the USA Glock/Sig spec , fro 9mm , which I think is 13.5mm LH .

Lone Wolf, Storm Lake and AAC make threaded Glock barrels.

YES , But I wanted a Factory barrel , not a after market one , Sig do them , and Glock should , but dosnt .

ODL
    Thanks for the package of info Chris. I just finished it and it is good to relook at things from a fresh perspective. I especially liked reading Olsen since he is such a legend in the field and some of his concept descriptions are pretty good.

Glock is selling factory barrels and I am trying to get some. They are 13.5x1 LH and have a unique profile before and after the thread. I have a new spring rate I will be trying next week in the Gen4.
    Oceania-Defence.com