Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Scope choice

I tjink it was $465 for rings and vx 1 from opticzone. Rings are $100 here. So same price from ss. Mihht have a looksie tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Question: Are rings brought separately? Can I not use the rings that are already on my old scope?

If they are the same size. I need rings though

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know if secondhand scopes are available in NZ, but a secondhand Meopta 7x50 should be in your price range and will beat anything coming from the US or Japan.

Bought the VX1 3-9x40 this weekend. Sighting it in this wednesday evening at the Manukau shooting range. So from what I understand the scope is set at 1/4 MOA. So every click represents 1/4 of an inch at 100 yards. So for example if I'm 2 inches high with my grouping then i need to make 8 clicks down? Is this correct? Also should I start at 50 yards then sight out at 100 yards? Don't want to spend too much time wasting ammo. Scope has been bore sighted so will help get there quicker.
    Last edited by Rusky; 19-05-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusky View Post
    Bought the VX1 3-9x40 this weekend. Sighting it in this wednesday evening at the Manukau shooting range. So from what I understand the scope is set at 1/4 MOA. So every click represents 1/4 of an inch for 100 yards. So for example if I'm 2 inches high with my grouping then i need to make 8 clicks down? Is this correct? Also should I start at 50 yards then sight out at 100 yards? Don't want to spend too much time wasting ammo. Scope has been bore sighted so will help get there quicker.
    yep you are correct about the adjustments and at 200yards each clic will move it 1/2inch, so 4 clics will move it roughly 2inches. i would sight in at 25 yards to start with then go straight to 100yards should be fairly close and just minor adjustments. I have last years vx1 LR duplex on an AR and they are brighter and clearer than the older model.

Cheers foxhound. Good to know the noggins working correctly. Yea this latest model is suppose to allow in 92% light compared to ~65% in older models.