Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

Like Tree891Likes

Thread: Getting power out of a harley

Amazing how this thread has meandered away from it’s title, just like a pub conversation, nice!

And amazing how many shooters are also riders.
    Trout, mudgripz, john m and 2 others like this.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

From bikes to V8s,Bathurst screaming V8s,music to my ears.Go Waters, in yr black beast.Time for a beer of many.Enjoy guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    Amazing how this thread has meandered away from it’s title, just like a pub conversation, nice!

And amazing how many shooters are also riders.
    I'm on my 40th bike now, a tricked-out SR500 cafe-racer, custom crank,rod ,piston flywheel etc. I've owned many of the bikes mentioned and wished I'd kept some that I could never afford to buy today. Making something unique, is so much fun, there are enough people on here, to warrant a bike-dedicated 'Title' where we can post more photo's etc..
    outlander and Ftx325 like this.

You don't think that might upset a few others as this is a hunting/shooting forum... not bikes?
    Try it...start a bike pic thread @rewa
    born to hunt - forced to work

Pretty sure there is one already.
    https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....easties-53145/
    rugerman and rossi.45 like this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by rewa View Post
    I'm on my 40th bike now, a tricked-out SR500 cafe-racer, custom crank,rod ,piston flywheel etc. I've owned many of the bikes mentioned and wished I'd kept some that I could never afford to buy today. Making something unique, is so much fun, there are enough people on here, to warrant a bike-dedicated 'Title' where we can post more photo's etc..
    Google ‘Suzuki XN85’.

I had one and it was one fun bike, nimble and that surge when the boost kicked in was smile inducing!

(And yet allegedly I’m a one-eyed Harley owner by some...)
    rewa likes this.

Google ‘Suzuki XN85’.

I had one and it was one fun bike, nimble and that surge when the boost kicked in was smile inducing!

85 Hp eh. Must have felt like a rocket compared to the Harleys.
    outlander likes this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    85 Hp eh. Must have felt like a rocket compared to the Harleys.

Chalk and cheese...

Both had points I liked and enjoyed.

A bit like my Finnwolf and my Norinco 7.62X39.

Google ‘Suzuki XN85’.

Well, you learn something new every day. The XN85 completely slipped past me, I never new it existed till now. Thats what makes these 'deviations' interesting. I met an older rider last week, with another bike I'd never heard of; Indian Apache, 60's era. When Royal-Enfield bought 'Indian', and redesigned/badged their 700cc twins, for the USA market. This one looked American and British at the same time. A lot of people cant get past the Gang-retard/Harley 'thing'. Which sort-of becomes self-fulfillng if you encourage that portion of society to be main owner/riders of the same. (By not buying them etc). As many keep echoing here, if it brings a grin to your face, go for it, lifes too short, and most people would have to agree that there's nothing else that sounds like a big vee-twin, even if it is only on 'the-straights' (Dukes aside) ...and Aprillias, Buells Et-Al.. Cameron should try the Rotax-Buell, almost a Harley..and What a Harley-that-handles, eventually becomes
    outlander, Finnwolf and Ftx325 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rewa View Post
    Well, you learn something new every day. The XN85 completely slipped past me, I never new it existed till now. Thats what makes these 'deviations' interesting. I met an older rider last week, with another bike I'd never heard of; Indian Apache, 60's era. When Royal-Enfield bought 'Indian', and redesigned/badged their 700cc twins, for the USA market. This one looked American and British at the same time. A lot of people cant get past the Gang-retard/Harley 'thing'. Which sort-of becomes self-fulfillng if you encourage that portion of society to be main owner/riders of the same. (By not buying them etc). As many keep echoing here, if it brings a grin to your face, go for it, lifes too short, and most people would have to agree that there's nothing else that sounds like a big vee-twin, even if it is only on 'the-straights' (Dukes aside) ...and Aprillias, Buells Et-Al.. Cameron should try the Rotax-Buell, almost a Harley..and What a Harley-that-handles, eventually becomes
    The Harley fires one piston and then the other at 315 degrees. Then the second at 405 degrees. Hence the potato sound, love or hate it's unique.
    To my ear, other twins all sound like a single to me.
    rewa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    harleys have their place as we all like to ride something different but its the noise that some make that is absolutely ear shattering loud and gives rise to the " hey look at me i'm a fu*$wit obnoxious wan&er and showing off my small c*ck syndrome " .probably half the harleys i have heard in the last few weeks would not even be allowed on the racetrack due to exceeding the sound limit which is higher than what is allowed on the road which gives rise to the few fuck it up for the rest and this contributes to people thinking harley riders are just wan&ers.
    Spot on.

Well we're not going to enjoy riding the two wheeler (whatever flavour it is) from Taupo to Turangi on SH1 anymore. Just read the local rag and see NZTA have dropped the permanent speed limit to 60 or 80 kph for almost the entire distance. Muppet driving skills rule
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    Well we're not going to enjoy riding the two wheeler (whatever flavour it is) from Taupo to Turangi on SH1 anymore. Just read the local rag and see NZTA have dropped the permanent speed limit to 60 or 80 kph for almost the entire distance. Muppet driving skills rule
    same happening this end of the world...chopping back all the speed limits because of all the dipshits who should never be behind the wheel constantly crashing. Leave it at a hundy and let the gene pool sort itself out I reckon....
    That said it usually seems to be the poor bastard who was doing nothing wrong that becomes a mobile chicane and comes out worse of than the idiot who caused the incident.
    Ban all cell phones in cars.
    outlander and rewa like this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

Quote Originally Posted by Ftx325 View Post
    same happening this end of the world...chopping back all the speed limits because of all the dipshits who should never be behind the wheel constantly crashing. Leave it at a hundy and let the gene pool sort itself out I reckon....
    That said it usually seems to be the poor bastard who was doing nothing wrong that becomes a mobile chicane and comes out worse of than the idiot who caused the incident.
    Ban all cell phones in cars.
    Amen to that last line!

And what’s the story with all modern vehicles being fitted with distracting touch screens?
    timattalon, rewa and XR500 like this.

Yeah, just back from a fortnight's work in the SI and felt like ripping the bloody thing outa the car. FFS if I want to listen to the radio let me turn a dial or punch a button, not have to multiple tap a fricken screen that constantly thinks it needs to update you with shite and changes brilliance all the time. Talk about distraction for sure.

Then there's all the couriers and truckies that work for businesses too tight to invest in RT's, so they are on the cell phone half the trip.

Anywho, boy that West Coast highway is just made for biking. Did it twice back in my teens, once on an XR500 and once on a GS450. All the Marlborough Sounds roads and all of the Haast Pass were gravel, and that XR.......yeah baby
    308, timattalon, outlander and 2 others like this.