Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

Like Tree891Likes

Thread: Getting power out of a harley

Unfortunately at large proportion of the harley owners are too close-minded and are ignorant to other types of motorcycles regardless of brand or style. I appreciate all types of two wheeled thingamajigs , ok... even harleys and what they are designed for they do perfectly well at. I once had a big arse Indian in my shed for 2weeks testing it after doing some mods and this thing was a battleship. You had to plan ahead about a km for any manouvre you thought you would need to do including but not limited to slowing down and cornering. But when it came time to give it back after all the cruising around I had done I found myself trying to find an excuse to keep it for a bit longer. Weird.
    born to hunt - forced to work

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    This is a cranky one. One of the riders had this at the Pike river tribute 29 memorial run back in 2016
    9 liter cummins v8 diesel. Trans and diff out of the truck as well
    Handled way better than you would think (apparently and also went like a scalded cat

Attachment 150724

Attachment 150727
    Just waiting for Tina Turner and Mel Gibson to turn up in that shot......
    300CALMAN and Ftx325 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftx325 View Post
    Unfortunately at large proportion of the harley owners are too close-minded and are ignorant to other types of motorcycles regardless of brand or style.
    It refreshing to meet some on here that aren't and to be honest the "tuff fashion" aspect of Harleys relay put me off. A friend of mine also worked in one of the dealers and witnessed the terrible quality control. I do appreciate some of the top level cruisers are about as close to a sofa on two wheels as you can get and on a long trip of straight lines the biscuit thin seat on an RGV250 is going to get mighty sore quickly.
    mudgripz and outlander like this.

Funny you say that as I always thought the same until I met a guy who owned a Harley and a gsxr1000 and he always rode the Gixxer on long distance rides...he reckoned the harley was to uncomfortable on long trips. Maybe that's why harley guys insist on stopping at every pub on the way?
    Barefoot and outlander like this.

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    nah them hogs vibrate so much them guys are stopping for a leak .
    You know why harley riders are the only riders not to wave at other bikes????? Too dam scared to let go dem bars .........I do lie the look of the Indian FTR 1200 but admit a hankering for a japanese 4 cylinder about half litre and sporty.....

lol I must admit the Harley riders who don't wave ( and that's most of them) think there're too cool to wave at a non Harley. Guys like that are only into the macho image of them and not into bikes at all. Otherwise as mentioned, if you are into bikes you can appreciated different horses for different courses. Maybe I should put some ape hangers and highway pegs on the Bandit. That should make it handle like crap but at least I'd get a wave from the "cool" guys
    outlander, rewa and Ftx325 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftx325 View Post
    Funny you say that as I always thought the same until I met a guy who owned a Harley and a gsxr1000 and he always rode the Gixxer on long distance rides...he reckoned the harley was to uncomfortable on long trips. Maybe that's why harley guys insist on stopping at every pub on the way?

He must have been a softy - I rode an Electraglide Classic in the USA, I did 400 mile days (700km) and never felt stuffed/sore at the end of the ride, done Nelson to home in a day on my Dynaglide and again (apart from being damp from the rain) felt ok at the end of the ride.

I DO feel concerned for those that feel a need to bag a guys choice of motorcycle.....
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

we always used to give each other a hard time over all the different bikes we rode but it was always light hearted and we all knew it. We were all just happy to be out riding.
    Even now I still give my bro shit over driving a FORD ...Found On Rubbish Dumps ... Fixed Or Repaired Daily ... Fcked On Race Day etc .... and then my parents bought one , christmas for me and my ford digs....lol
    And i'm not even a big holden fan.
    outlander, rewa and Finnwolf like this.

I dont own a harley and probably never will. Dont get me wrong, I dont have anything against harleys. I was bought up to make the most of every dollar I earn, and it is just that anything I can do with a Harley, I can do on another motorcycle for half the price. The only thing no other motorcycle can do is "BE " a Harley. For what they are I feel that you pay a premium for the name. Seeing as I dont really care too much about brand and that its job is what needs to be done, then other brands simply provide much better value.

If the Harley name means that much to someone that they are prepared to pay for it (or steal it....???) then so be it. That is their call to make, all I ask is that you remember to wave at all the other riders out there when you ee them and show us that you are a rider too....
    Ben-tard, outlander, rewa and 2 others like this.

I always wave when I pass a Harley but it is difficult to see if they wave back as my mirrors aren't very big.
    jakewire, mudgripz, john m and 5 others like this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Well I never saw this thread heading in this direction! Have to agree there are some extremely narrow minded harley riders. Part of that is the reason I enjoy owning a harley in my 20s, to buck the trend. Anyone on 2 wheels has my respect and gets a wave. The ultimate goal is to have more than 1 crotch rocket in the shed and enjoy them all for what they are. That being said, how many guys who have bagged harleys have actually ridden them? ... the torque factor is a fair amount of fun.
    Last edited by cameronjackwhite; 07-10-2020 at 08:02 PM.

You want the coolest bike with the biggest torque and the shittiest handling?...boss hoss v8 ... Fck yeah, I want one...

Name:  2752a6f4b2c665c5da7db983e7dfe14e.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  63.4 KB

Harley? Girls bikes...

Saw a Boss Hoss in christchurch 3-4 years back. Holy crapazola! 350 ci corvette motor in a bike frame with 2 spd auto plus reverse. 320-455hp depending on model. Hate to go round a corner on it but it WAS certainly different!! Harley a baby compared to that machine..

Yep keen to try a Harley...

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Saw a Boss Hoss in christchurch 3-4 years back. Holy crapazola! 350 ci corvette motor in a bike frame with 2 spd auto plus reverse. 320-455hp depending on model. Hate to go round a corner on it but it WAS certainly different!! Harley a baby compared to that machine..

Yep keen to try a Harley...

I’ve seen a big block Chev powered one - and a Dodge Viper powered trike. Too much is not enough for some...
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

To much is never enough is it ? Jap sports bikes are way too much for the road but they still sell the latest and fastest, more powerful bikes
    outlander likes this.