Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

Like Tree4623Likes

Thread: Show me your knives

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    I had something very similar almost sixty years ago (not as old as you) but there is no way I could ever remember what happened to it. The old man was quite prone to borrowing things without asking and then assuming ownership.
    They were common, with leather rings for the handle, I can remember taking the handle to pieces when I was younger and how difficult it was to get it back together. The sheaths we’re riveted, I haven’t found that so far!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    They were common, with leather rings for the handle, I can remember taking the handle to pieces when I was younger and how difficult it was to get it back together. The sheaths we’re riveted, I haven’t found that so far!
    I was a Boy Scout for five minutes when I was twelve…ish until I got kicked out for being a disruptive little prick (well that’s how I remember it) and I had the knife at that point in time. There are two knives that I would like to be reunited with (but never will be) that one and my dad’s pig sticker that his brother made for him.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    I was a Boy Scout for five minutes when I was twelve…ish until I got kicked out for being a disruptive little prick (well that’s how I remember it) and I had the knife at that point in time. There are two knives that I would like to be reunited with (but never will be) that one and my dad’s pig sticker that his brother made for him.
    My old pig sticker, with a bone handle, is stuck in a stud at the Bach garage holding my coils of weed eater nylon!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I read that as coils of weed full stop for some reason...
    Maca49, Micky Duck and dannyb like this.

To be fair I’m as pure as the day I was born, never tried any drugs that weren’t prescribed by my Doc! I’ve always seen it as a weekness, and am a little bit pedantic about what goes into my body! Saying that I smoked till I was 23 hahahaha
    Tikka7mm08 and Micky Duck like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

NRT
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    To be fair I’m as pure as the day I was born, never tried any drugs that weren’t prescribed by my Doc! I’ve always seen it as a weekness, and am a little bit pedantic about what goes into my body! Saying that I smoked till I was 23 hahahaha
    Boomer alcohol is a drug ,U ever tried that

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NRT View Post
    Boomer alcohol is a drug ,U ever tried that

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
    Plenty of cannabis around in my younger days, alcohol was mainly draught beer, had the old bing on vodka, blackberry nip, but learnt hangovers were a pain in the arse when I was in my 30s. Hate being pissed, but enjoy wine, beer or a good whiskey, on a regular basis in small doses. If I keep talking like the I’ll be joining a church singing hallelujah and talking in tongues.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Ever used methyl theobromine - aka caffeine? The most widely used recreational drug on the planet. Sold in every cafe and supermarket.

Old Knife, worn stamping Original Bowie Knife , Widdag Solingen Germany great steel easy hold an edge.
    Name:  20210924_220019.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  361.4 KB
    Maca49, Nick-D, viper and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    Ever used methyl theobromine - aka caffeine? The most widely used recreational drug on the planet. Sold in every cafe and supermarket.
    Very little of it only 5 times a day, guess I could smoke some dope to slow me down, but done need the paranoia that goes with it!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by flock View Post
    Old Knife, worn stamping Original Bowie Knife , Widdag Solingen Germany great steel easy hold an edge.
    Attachment 179620
    That sheath would fit my knife! Must be one size fits all?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

strangely enough my first sheath knife was an origonal bowie...made in japan....had same leather handle as one above...blade smaller than yours....

Name:  20210917_074752.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  2.96 MB , an important knife for me this one. Last of the lock down knives I got finished. Stainless 14c28n stainless Mamba. Stabilized Rimu with lime green Juma snake skin handles. G10 liners and pin stock.
    This is the last knife to come off my little 1 x 30 grinder.
    It's nearly worn out now but has been a great little machine and I have learned a hell of a lot using it.
    I now have my 2 x 72 grinder running so the level and learning go up again.

Hi team, just want to give a big shout out to @terryf from Knives4Africa, we made me a bespoke sheath for my Mora Kansbol, rapt with it, big thanks again Terry

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  3.63 MB
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Scouser’s Bushcraft Knife Project Phase 3

The red G10 Liners arrived from @Shelley, big thanks mate, he also sent me some S/S pipe and brass rod for the rivets, I decided to make all 3 Stainless Steel….

So first was to open up the existing holes in the blank handle from 5mm to 8mm in my milling jig

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  1.71 MB

Then turn the two S/Steel pins

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  3.30 MB

Then score up the blade handle section with the Dremel to give the Epoxy glue a good chance to stick, and rough up both sides of the Liners……

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  1.57 MB
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!