Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

Like Tree4623Likes

Thread: Show me your knives

All thoughts of more knife purchasing put on hold until something becomes available in CPM-Magnacut that takes my fancy.
    Speill likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    All thoughts of more knife purchasing put on hold until something becomes available in CPM-Magnacut that takes my fancy.
    Bark River are starting to use it.

https://www.dlttrading.com/bark-river-knife-pre-orders

https://nsm-ny.com/wp-content/upload...atasheet15.pdf
    Last edited by Tahr; 13-02-2022 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    I've tried to order some but it's rocking horse shit at the moment outside of the states

Finished this little kitchen knife up for a swap. Nitro V and g10. Black and stainless always a classic combo.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Just to add a Corolla to the Lamborghini's here.... Love the little NZ-made Victory Drop Point Hunter knives. This colour should make it harder for me to lose in the bush.... I'm definitely a function over form person...

Name:  knife.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  345.1 KB

As an aside; I bought directly from Victory for $25 ($10 cheaper than anywhere else) plus $9,99 postage and overnight delivery.... It was delivered the following morning in a nice cardboard Victory box. Gotta give kudos for good service when it is deserved. It was only a single knife order; not an abattoir/freezing works big order
    Micky Duck likes this.

High carbon 1084 Mamba. Stabilized curly maple, black and yellow Acrylic composite handles. G10 pins and liners. Lanyard tube.
    Off to Darfield and a keen hunter.Name:  Ben knife 1.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  3.16 MBName:  Ben knife 2.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  3.20 MB

Beautiful mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Beautiful mate!
    Cheers mate, it turned out nice.
    Gibo likes this.

Nice one, love the look of that
    viper likes this.

The latest knife just finished, A Mamba in 1084 high carbon. Hybrid timber and pearlescent resin handles out of the Ukraine ( god knows how my supplier of this handle material is getting on now ).
    G10 pins, liners . Full grind . Off to a collector and his pool room apparently.... too pretty to use ??Name:  Kunac.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  2.68 MB

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    The latest knife just finished, A Mamba in 1084 high carbon. Hybrid timber and pearlescent resin handles out of the Ukraine ( god knows how my supplier of this handle material is getting on now ).
    G10 pins, liners . Full grind . Off to a collector and his pool room apparently.... too pretty to use ??Attachment 191455
    Collector, or he's just a bad pool game loser
    viper and Micky Duck like this.

G10 pins, liners . Full grind . Off to a collector and his pool room apparently.... too pretty to use ??Attachment 191455
    Duncan mate you are cracking along! I’m loving seeing your work, keep it up! I’m stoked to have one of your early knives, though sadly hasn’t been used in a while! I still get it out and admire it occasionally haha
    viper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphus View Post
    Duncan mate you are cracking along! I’m loving seeing your work, keep it up! I’m stoked to have one of your early knives, though sadly hasn’t been used in a while! I still get it out and admire it occasionally haha
    Hi mate, thanks for the kind words. It's been a interesting journey of both learning new skills and developing a style that is unique or recognisable to my knives.
    I have been very fortunate to have John Worthington mentoring me and that has accelerated the learning curve.
    However saying that it still comes down to time on the grinder and time in my tiny workspace putting things together.
    I am wrapped you have one of my early knives and are enjoying it. The forum members have been very supportive and generous making orders.
    Keep an eye out as there are more knives to come.
    All the best , Viper / Duncan

Beauty, My 45th came and gone. One of these days I need to get off my a$$ and order one. Viper, can you please PM me the cost etc.

-Inder