Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: No Duck Shooting 2020

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    Yeah I agree but only for opening numbers, the natural and predertation mortality might increase further on.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

UP DATE FROM FISH AND GAME
    Based on current Government projections, we are likely to see an opening day mid-May or early June. An example of how this would work is:

Level 2 introduced between May 11 & 15 = Opening Day May 23

Level 2 introduced between May 16 & 29 = Opening Day June 6

Fish & Game Rangers will be active throughout the country this weekend to ensure hunters comply with the delay to the game bird season start.

The Health Act Amendment Order published today (Thursday) states that the hunting or killing of game birds is prohibited from being undertaken as permitted recreation.

The penalty for anyone breaching the Health Order by failing to comply with the restrictions on game bird hunting is a maximum of 6 months imprisonment or a fine of $4,000. Compliance failure resulting in enforcement will be taken into account by Police when determining if a person remains fit and proper to possess a firearms licence.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    UP DATE FROM FISH AND GAME
    Based on current Government projections, we are likely to see an opening day mid-May or early June. An example of how this would work is:

Level 2 introduced between May 11 & 15 = Opening Day May 23

Level 2 introduced between May 16 & 29 = Opening Day June 6

Fish & Game Rangers will be active throughout the country this weekend to ensure hunters comply with the delay to the game bird season start.

The Health Act Amendment Order published today (Thursday) states that the hunting or killing of game birds is prohibited from being undertaken as permitted recreation.

The penalty for anyone breaching the Health Order by failing to comply with the restrictions on game bird hunting is a maximum of 6 months imprisonment or a fine of $4,000. Compliance failure resulting in enforcement will be taken into account by Police when determining if a person remains fit and proper to possess a firearms licence.
    licence renewel worries over bring on the opening mofos
    Micky Duck likes this.

I hate it when they have to threaten you do get compliance. Game Bird Hunting Compliance on the day is a F/G issue, firearm offences on the day are a Police issue. I don't see how a F/G regulation needs a follow up threat from the Police. What has fit and proper person have to do with a offence against the wildlife act 1953 and the Wildlife Regulations 1955.
    mikee likes this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

here you go lads.....some good news at last.....
    can stay overnight
    can use boats
    can travel

3.30pm 7 May 2020
    The Prime Minister has announced the restrictions for Level 2 today and it is very good news for game bird hunters.
    Retail stores will be open with some social distancing restrictions
    You can travel to your maimai to make preparations
    You can travel nationally and stay overnight while following public health measures
    You can use boats
    Public conservation land will be open for game bird hunting but DOC huts and camping grounds have some guidelines
    Maintain social distancing from people you don't know and keep a record of everyone you come in to contact with
    Your hunting group is not restricted but the smaller the group the better
    Hunt safely in areas that you know and do not pose obvious risk
    Avoid sharing equipment with others
    Be safe in all your interactions as much as you possibly can
    If you are sick or have any symptoms as minor as a runny nose - Stay home
    On Monday May 11, the Prime Minister will likely make an announcement about the timing of a move to Level 2. We will confirm the season commencement date as soon as we can after that. We will also advise any extensions to seasons on a regional basis as soon as practically possible

YABADABADOOOH. look out ducks we coming after you.

BAD NEWS is I heard from reliable source that some plonkers/dickheads/arseholes/bottom feeding pond scum/followers of Alan &Sue couldnt help themselves and were banging away down at wainono

thats DOC administered land...out of season...throw the whole friggin library at them please judge...no sympathy whatsoever...no way in hell they didnt know.

Dicks..absolute dicks.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    BAD NEWS is I heard from reliable source that some plonkers/dickheads/arseholes/bottom feeding pond scum/followers of Alan &Sue couldnt help themselves and were banging away down at wainono

thats DOC administered land...out of season...throw the whole friggin library at them please judge...no sympathy whatsoever...no way in hell they didnt know.
    They would have to be charged with breaching the Health order......According to my my sources the gazzetted game regs for the season 2020 have not been rescinded yet......

Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    I hate it when they have to threaten you do get compliance. Game Bird Hunting Compliance on the day is a F/G issue, firearm offences on the day are a Police issue. I don't see how a F/G regulation needs a follow up threat from the Police. What has fit and proper person have to do with a offence against the wildlife act 1953 and the Wildlife Regulations 1955.
    nothing the police are there to intimidate you. I believe F&G (and the Police) should need reasonable cause/proof an offence has been comitted BEFORE they are allowed to enter private property.
    No issues whatsoever with them doing what they please on Public Lands but I am a firm believer a mans house / property is his own private property..................therefore Private!

car,plane,donkey blah de blah can all be searched if reasonable grounds to suspect something hidden....F&G warrent holders have more powers of search than police BUT have to be prepared to stand up in court and justify that to a judge.

Technically what can f&g officers ask to see/check etc?im thinking,name,game bird license,pinned semi auto check,steel ammo ?what else?firearms license perhaps?had a real little nazi a few years ago bellowing across the lake for all and sundry to come to him about 9am opening morning or else,he had no boat so was ignored by everyone and ended up leaving in a huff even skidded up the farm paddock on his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    car,plane,donkey blah de blah can all be searched if reasonable grounds to suspect something hidden....F&G warrent holders have more powers of search than police BUT have to be prepared to stand up in court and justify that to a judge.
    thats my point if they want to come onto private property then they should have just cause/reasonable suspicion.................not just turn up on a "fishing expadition" just in case!
    Public Land anyone can access at any time no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by The bomb View Post
    Technically what can f&g officers ask to see/check etc?im thinking,name,game bird license,pinned semi auto check,steel ammo ?what else?firearms license perhaps?had a real little nazi a few years ago bellowing across the lake for all and sundry to come to him about 9am opening morning or else,he had no boat so was ignored by everyone and ended up leaving in a huff even skidded up the farm paddock on his way out.
    Ha ha just the sort of Ranger no one needs, absolute plonker and undos all of the good stuff
    That others do.
    mikee, Sideshow and Micky Duck like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

I know that F/G officers work under 2 different acts and are governed by very different rules for either act. Yes they can go onto private property as well as commercial property, depends on which act or regulations they are working under. They cannot go on to a permanent fixed abode or its courtyard or a caravan that is habituated for more than I think 5 months of the year. They cant just enter your property to have a nosy. They dont have to seek permission to enter your property but have to leave a note of them being on your place and for what reason as soon as they leave. Same as they can stop any vehicle, vessel or plane for that matter providing it can be justified. Doing this can lead them into some very tricky situations including a defacto arrest type event. I know these guys do train pretty extensively every year and get a grounding in the new rules which may pop up.I find it frustrating when I hear of Rangers abusing their powers, something I have yet to see mind you.All Rangers-must work under the Search and Surveillance Act is encompasses the Wildlife Act1953 ( reasonable grounds not required to enter but still must stay i side the S$ S act , and the conservation act which means the Ranger must have reasonable grounds to believe that an offence has been committed. Phew what a bloody minefield. That is as best Incan interoperate the rules. I have yet to met a bad Ranger in the Eastern area. not a Lawyers but one is bound to come along soon ha ha.
    Danny, Woody and Micky Duck like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

So are we all good GA for no duck licence on private land?
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive