Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

Like Tree14748Likes

Thread: Fishing tomorrow!

Out of Delaware today with Dad and his nextdoor neighbor to the carrot patch, spiky dogs were frustrating and moved spots a number of times but it seemed the only place free from them was the bluffs were we watched a mob of goats.
    Eventually a dozen really good sized gurnard in the bin we chased some cod.
    Actually got two really good ones 47 and 48 cm and a few more in the high 30s with the obligatory undersized ones.
    Moving spots seemed to be the key..get one or two kerpers then move on.
    Weather was fantastic,geat day out.

Came home and donated again to the Delaware bay access group for the upcoming court case to retain public acces to this area.
    06-0958-0210014-00 If anyone would like to donate to keep this only safe launching spot between nelson and okiwi bay open.

Name:  IMG_20230724_075851.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  5.60 MB
    Name:  IMG_20230724_075854.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  5.32 MB
    rugerman, stingray, mikee and 9 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Good shit VC looks primo. Cheers for the account number. Donation incoming. After all how can they close it, they didn't build it, its just an inlet !!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

I wondered whos that ute and trailer was when I took the dog for a run up the road, awesome day for it, glassy all day. Carrots have been a bit hit and miss out the front according to my weekly chats with the locals, one dinghy fisherman caught his limit of carrots last week, another only a couple and even a southern sailfish and a couple of kahawai.
    veitnamcam and trapperjohn like this.

Now the stirrer in me would suggest you get hold of the local marae and go all native on this one...we have been launching our waka from here for the last 29 generations,its an area of tribal food gathering importance blah blah blah treaty says public area should be open for all blah blah blah blah and maybe just maybe the dipsticks trying to close it will back off.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    Now the stirrer in me would suggest you get hold of the local marae and go all native on this one...we have been launching our waka from here for the last 29 generations,its an area of tribal food gathering importance blah blah blah treaty says public area should be open for all blah blah blah blah and maybe just maybe the dipsticks trying to close it will back off.
    Unfortunately they are part of the problem on this one
    stingray likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

well then...the solution might just have to get tribal.....
    stingray likes this.

Id like that but I have a FAL

Quote Originally Posted by Fat belly Dog View Post
    I wondered whos that ute and trailer was when I took the dog for a run up the road, awesome day for it, glassy all day. Carrots have been a bit hit and miss out the front according to my weekly chats with the locals, one dinghy fisherman caught his limit of carrots last week, another only a couple and even a southern sailfish and a couple of kahawai.
    Stacks of southern sailfish out there.....almost as bad as the dogs.
    Surprised didn't catch any Kahawai.... usually get big donkey ones out there in winter

no no..nothing like that...more like my fellas used to eat your fellas so piss off hairy legs,we are the top dogs around here leave well enough alone or else.
    another angle.......the fish heads etc...recently been in news as good initiative to help feed folks during food price crisis MAYBE if the local fellas using the ramp as SEEN to be doing local good...maybe it will swing in your favour???
    stingray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Surprised didn't catch any Kahawai.... usually get big donkey ones out there in winter
    That's right Cam !! Where have they gone. None for us last weekend too, not even a little one

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    no no..nothing like that...more like my fellas used to eat your fellas so piss off hairy legs,we are the top dogs around here leave well enough alone or else.
    another angle.......the fish heads etc...recently been in news as good initiative to help feed folks during food price crisis MAYBE if the local fellas using the ramp as SEEN to be doing local good...maybe it will swing in your favour???
    Its too late for that....its been to court....its been to the high court, they have been told they dont own it....they have payed off council members who have sent it to the environment court....the new Mayor tried to get rid of it but was overriden by the councilors some of whom where elected on this issue and have turned coats as som many do once in power.
    There is a bigger agenda at stake here.....If they close this watch the access to the coast vanish all over NZ...It will set the precident.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat belly Dog View Post
    Hmmm... these southern sailfish are they the same as sourthern shortbill spear fish AKA cuda's
    stingray and Shearer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by trapperjohn View Post
    Hmmm... these southern sailfish are they the same as sourthern shortbill spear fish AKA cuda's
    You got it
    Micky Duck and trapperjohn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Out of Delaware today with Dad and his nextdoor neighbor to the carrot patch, spiky dogs were frustrating and moved spots a number of times but it seemed the only place free from them was the bluffs were we watched a mob of goats.
    Eventually a dozen really good sized gurnard in the bin we chased some cod.
    Actually got two really good ones 47 and 48 cm and a few more in the high 30s with the obligatory undersized ones.
    Moving spots seemed to be the key..get one or two kerpers then move on.
    Weather was fantastic,geat day out.

Came home and donated again to the Delaware bay access group for the upcoming court case to retain public acces to this area.
    06-0958-0210014-00 If anyone would like to donate to keep this only safe launching spot between nelson and okiwi bay open.

Attachment 229595
    Attachment 229596
    This is really a nice shot for a picture. If using wider angle will be better, but this is a fishing trip, not a photo shooting one.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

Try the blind channel up towards the airport , we caught some horse fish this time of year , cold dirty water , one of those two prong white plastic lures trolled slow

No birds or work ups ..buggered if I know what they are eating but they were thick
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Nil durum volenti !!