Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

Like Tree14751Likes

Thread: Fishing tomorrow!

It’s been my last year of winter walleye…it’s what I’m best at….which ain’t saying much. The spawn happens when the water warms to about 10 (early April) and the bite it over. Been my best year ever and tried to get all my mates in on the action but a lotta times it was just me and my boat and the river. Shitfest over here boys…house goes on the market in a week and I’m busy buying you all presents for the shipping container.
    See you soon.
    Name:  C2AEF058-66A0-4337-9173-6F813875C683.jpeg
Views: 212
Size:  3.30 MB
    Name:  375DB185-7FBF-4B1E-8A1C-045C8F063833.jpeg
Views: 211
Size:  5.27 MB
    Name:  E6A6EE54-4D0A-4E04-95D4-A56B193B429E.jpeg
Views: 213
Size:  3.97 MB
    Name:  C523D207-F2FD-4718-9AA7-4AEEDD449A69.jpeg
Views: 205
Size:  2.62 MB
    Name:  B58A068F-C095-4930-B608-D61FC25C4C7D.jpeg
Views: 176
Size:  134.7 KB
    Name:  3386F964-D143-4A9B-A26A-A0BD85376492.jpeg
Views: 183
Size:  658.6 KB
    Name:  38C95192-5E52-44E8-A9C2-9E5ACBB31166.jpeg
Views: 189
Size:  2.31 MB
    Name:  06E4F32D-D3B4-4933-B9B0-0A3C6917B515.jpeg
Views: 197
Size:  3.59 MB
    Name:  DA836C8D-7267-4B26-AD90-4EA385B2BD81.jpeg
Views: 196
Size:  4.97 MB

Great to see you getting out for a fish amongst the madness of the move yourself and family are making! Our summer season here on the top of the south is winding up still some fish about, went to Argyle for a quick trip 14 fishers trying their luck in the lake, hunted the canals , water was clear and the fish spooky!

Plenty of interest but nothing on the bite!
    Shearer likes this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Great to see you getting out for a fish amongst the madness of the move yourself and family are making! Our summer season here on the top of the south is winding up still some fish about, went to Argyle for a quick trip 14 fishers trying their luck in the lake, hunted the canals , water was clear and the fish spooky!

Plenty of interest but nothing on the bite!
    You should have stopped in.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

@Joe Schmo.no sinkers in there
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Quote Originally Posted by madjon_ View Post
    @Joe Schmo.no sinkers in there
    I’d put weights in em if our tourneys had a brand new boat as top prize!!

Finally got out for a fish.
    And when I say fish, I mean the single.

Boat in, called into West haven for some gas, (2.59 a liter!! Won't be doing that again by choice....), and headed out to the noises. Stopped a few times for some drift fishing with sliders and micro jig. Caught heaps of under sized. And then a gurnard.

So kept on going. Met up with a mate, and stopped for some marlin Pâté and a beer on his boat (70ft'er).great catchup for a hour, then fished the way back,for nothing more.

And what a enjoyable day it was! Not fish to fillet at home(gurnard done on the boat) , great flat sea, nice temp, boat went well.

Yes a bit miffed no fish caught, but was a great day out. And the first for a while.

Name:  IMG_20230413_144917.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  2.33 MB

Name:  IMG_20230413_144904.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  3.76 MB
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

This place, the view I remember, maybe I thrown up couple times there. I am still wondering why every times I went out, never ever got a clam sea like this.
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

Finally gave dads flounder lights a test out.
    Visibility wasn't amazing but the lights were pretty cool

Ended up with a feed after about an hours hunting. The boys loved it, saw a few eels and a couple of eagle rays too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Pretty good spearing getting those Piper
    A good night out by the looks of it
    stingray, Shearer and kukuwai like this.

Wicked!
    kukuwai likes this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Short yarn

Down to Kaikoura in the dark …met up with the VC crew and the crew that VC imported out set the pots …dived @Munsey rock about 200 dolphins decided that this was their hang spot was simply incredible as the drifted past doing flips , tail slaps and buzzing the boat ..dived the honey hole for two keepers in average vis.

Home …tanks out.. snorkels in down the coast..bashed the surf and bull kelp ..fuck the Paua! Home beer .

Up Sunday morning some barstard decided that 7am was chainsaw time …B&E for breaky then wandered over to find the VC mob had breakfast for everyone pancakes , bacon , tea ,plunger coffee , eggs , fried bananas everything…

Pulled the pots …we were liced out …moved the pots to some broken turf …dropped the diver in on some turf that looked handy

Yesterday’s vis gave way to 3 vis meters …and cracks and holes and broken rocks ..shorts and plenty of them

Bugger me up down over under snagged a couple of very keepable bucks hiding in silly spots ..went to work heaps of shorts but with good vis and a easy swell , I left the small ones alone, pulled a handful of crays bined my limit ..

Weather up top was sloppy at best and we had a short but wet trip home ..

Packed for home , had a hot shower , sadly said goodbye to some wonderful folks ..as they were slow cooking a mutton roast with spuds and all the trimmings …

Cheers VC and the folks you invited ..some wonderful people to meet and see again !
    Nil durum volenti !!

Where forearthou the fisherman?

I arose from my slumber at an hour before the tide had ebbed, furnished my belly with a taste of bread before I wandered into the early dawn!

The mist rose from the paddocks and the fog clung to faces of the surrounding hills!

I set forth to the tide with my net in its basket my trusted hound at my side , we listened quietly as the estuary sighed and more pork called the spirts home.

Then as daylight crept the night birds gave way to the the dawn chorus the clouds lifted off the hill I waited for my brethren, the fisherman, my clan!

I stood alone in the sand myself and my hound , net in its basket …not a soul around!

The tide stood silent, then eased into its flood , I stood there sadly , net in my basket no fisherman no yarns!

I shouldered my basket and back to the wagon I trudged, no flounder to enjoy for a breakfast delight.

Back to meet boaties heading about , a lone flounder fisherman..with no one about!
    rugerman, Beaker, Shearer and 2 others like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Name:  20230423_063400.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  4.54 MB
    Beaker and Micky Duck like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

I arose from my slumber at an hour before the tide had ebbed, furnished my belly with a taste of bread before I wandered into the early dawn!

The mist rose from the paddocks and the fog clung to faces of the surrounding hills!

I set forth to the tide with my net in its basket my trusted hound at my side , we listened quietly as the estuary sighed and more pork called the spirts home.

Then as daylight crept the night birds gave way to the the dawn chorus the clouds lifted off the hill I waited for my brethren, the fisherman, my clan!

I stood alone in the sand myself and my hound , net in its basket …not a soul around!

The tide stood silent, then eased into its flood , I stood there sadly , net in my basket no fisherman no yarns!

I shouldered my basket and back to the wagon I trudged, no flounder to enjoy for a breakfast delight.

Back to meet boaties heading about , a lone flounder fisherman..with no one about!
    Well I was nearly at the right spot, as I was doing my usual sunday routine
    Ya should have said

but to be fair its not a bad spot to be on your own with a hound and your thoughts
    stingray and Micky Duck like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Yea sorry about that.....I assumed it was an evening dig as did everyone else by the looks .
    madjon_, stingray and Micky Duck like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.