Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: 7th feb MUCKOS PLACE calibre sharing gong smashing.

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    cals i have coming, 223 243 6.5x55 6.5/06 500 BPE? 270 270wsm 280AI? 300WM 30/30 and a few other non confirmed if you guys coming could confirm cals please just quote this message and add to the list cheers guys its going to be a good day. i will put up a gong at 850m for you long range guys could drop a could in mid range as well and some closer ones.
    So you are pretty much bring Gun city then, can never have too many I guess!
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

cals i have coming, 223 243 6.5x55 6.5/06 500 BPE? 270 270wsm 280AI? 300WM 30/30 and a few other non confirmed if you guys coming could confirm cals please just quote this message and add to the list cheers guys its going to be a good day. i will put up a gong at 850m for you long range guys could drop a could in mid range as well and some closer ones.
    looks like I will have to load up a fair few rounds of ammo for the 270, I see two calibers I would love to have a go with
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Hi there fellas,

My name is Dan and I just joined this forum. Didn't know about it until very recently, otherwise I would have joined much sooner (am a member of fishnhunt and sportshooter). I was wondering Mucko if it possible for me to also attend this shoot. Sounds like a bloody good deal. I've got a few bang sticks I could contribute to the cause. One is a Russian captured K98 Mauser (8mm/8x57) a dirty Mosin, and another German made work of art, but this one comes in black. I could bring those along for others to have a play with. The 8mm is a bloody joy to shoot.

Cheers,
    Dan
    mucko and Pengy like this.

You've left out the mighty .308 Winchester!
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Kwon View Post
    Hi there fellas,

My name is Dan and I just joined this forum. Didn't know about it until very recently, otherwise I would have joined much sooner (am a member of fishnhunt and sportshooter). I was wondering Mucko if it possible for me to also attend this shoot. Sounds like a bloody good deal. I've got a few bang sticks I could contribute to the cause. One is a Russian captured K98 Mauser (8mm/8x57) a dirty Mosin, and another German made work of art, but this one comes in black. I could bring those along for others to have a play with. The 8mm is a bloody joy to shoot.

Cheers,
    Dan
    yeah come along @Daniel Kwon. i think that will be enough people.

cals i have coming, 223 243 6.5x55 6.5/06 308 500 BPE? 270 270wsm 280AI? 300WM 30/30 and a few other non confirmed if you guys coming could confirm cals please just quote this message and add to the list cheers guys its going to be a good day. i will put up a gong at 850m for you long range guys could drop a could in mid range as well and some closer ones.
    fixed it
    Happy likes this.

in attendance i have me, @Willie @hunter308 @Happy @dogmatix @peril 787b @AzumitH @sakokid @Daniel Kwon and maybes from @Maca49 @Dougie @Danny. the day will begin at 10am with introductions and a safety drill.
    rules:
    1. the owner of the firearm and the person using the firearm will be the only ones to prepare a firearm for use in the designated safe zone.
    2. all other firearms must be in a safe state stored away from the safe zone.
    3. my reloading bench can be use to prepare and unpack your firearms immediately before moving to the safe zone.
    4. no firearm shall have a loaded magazine weather removable or not prior to moving to the safe zone.
    5.all actions must be open and clear of any ammunition at all times unless preparing to engage a target,
    even in the safe zone no ammunition must enter the breach untill the shooter is pointing at a designated target.
    6. the target to be engaged must be identified before preparing to shoot.
    7. all firearms must be cleared by the owner of the firearm before removing from the safe zone. only then may you load your Magazines
    8. where shooters are changing over to use the same firearm the owner must make the firearm safe before the shooter can leave and must be able to clearly show the firearm is safe as in rule 5
    9. no unsafe action will be tolerated by anyone.

please bring you own hearing protection as some people may have muzzle brakes

if anyone attending can not abide by these conditions please dont bother turning up.

I possibly have a mate coming along too, he may not be bringing a firearm along (if he does, would be an AK platform 7.62x39). Happy for him to share my shooting place if there's too many numbers.
    mucko likes this.

if anyone attending can not abide by these conditions please dont bother turning up.
    Awesome! Totally agree!
    Also chamber flags or chamber safety devices are highly recommended, if you have them I would suggest you bring them along.
    hunter308 and mucko like this.

Hey Gillie where can you get a chamber flag from please. Cheers

All these exotic guns and I have my latte sipping 7mm 08 lol.

Hi Mucko, I'll be coming, what can I bring for the day apart from f/arms?
    Regards
    Dan M

I have a few chamber flags, will be bringing any spares I have.
    Danny likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by peril 787b View Post
    I have a few chamber flags, will be bringing any spares I have.
    Cheers Peril, trying to sneakily find some on the internet while meant to be working.

What about jumbo cable ties for flags? I saw someone using them once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Willie likes this.

in attendance i have me, @Willie @hunter308 @Happy @dogmatix @peril 787b @AzumitH @sakokid @Daniel Kwon and maybes from @Maca49 @Dougie @Danny. the day will begin at 10am with introductions and a safety drill.
    rules:
    1. the owner of the firearm and the person using the firearm will be the only ones to prepare a firearm for use in the designated safe zone.
    2. all other firearms must be in a safe state stored away from the safe zone.
    3. my reloading bench can be use to prepare and unpack your firearms immediately before moving to the safe zone.
    4. no firearm shall have a loaded magazine weather removable or not prior to moving to the safe zone.
    5.all actions must be open and clear of any ammunition at all times unless preparing to engage a target,
    even in the safe zone no ammunition must enter the breach untill the shooter is pointing at a designated target.
    6. the target to be engaged must be identified before preparing to shoot.
    7. all firearms must be cleared by the owner of the firearm before removing from the safe zone. only then may you load your Magazines
    8. where shooters are changing over to use the same firearm the owner must make the firearm safe before the shooter can leave and must be able to clearly show the firearm is safe as in rule 5
    9. no unsafe action will be tolerated by anyone.

please bring you own hearing protection as some people may have muzzle brakes

At this stage looking on track to attend, Ill bring the SAFETY DRILL I think its a Hitachi?
    kiwi39 and Ryan like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough