Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: 7th feb MUCKOS PLACE calibre sharing gong smashing.

Draggin it into the dogbox with ya to keep you and the dog warm can accumulate the odd mark as well.

Thinking about next weekend Maca49. Might yo have a spare seat?
    mucko and DavidGunn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Draggin it into the dogbox with ya to keep you and the dog warm can accumulate the odd mark as well.

No sweat @Woody you bring the beer and the girls? I'll confirm with you later in the week!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Only in Reporoa!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

OK Maca49. Nothing certain yet but I am tempted if circumstances allow. As to girls, I got a couple of 308 girls, a 30-06 girl, a couple of 7*61 girls, but I don't know which ones want a date with Mucko's gongs yet. The potential of enjoying some excellent companionship over there is a real draw card.

Going to be heading over to @mucko's place on friday to give him a hand to set up for saturday followed by some load development for the howitzer (muckos pet name for my 270) got about 50 rounds available for those who want to shoot it.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

OK Maca49. Nothing certain yet but I am tempted if circumstances allow. As to girls, I got a couple of 308 girls, a 30-06 girl, a couple of 7*61 girls, but I don't know which ones want a date with Mucko's gongs yet. The potential of enjoying some excellent companionship over there is a real draw card.
    30 06 sounds like a come on.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

It's another Schultz and Larsen, an old well carried one and shoots under a half moa. She's actually about 50 years old but twice the talent and experience of the younger "other" bints you see around the shelves today.

Scribe
    It's another Schultz and Larsen, an old well carried one and shoots under a half moa. She's actually about 50 years old but twice the talent and experience of the younger "other" bints you see around the shelves today.
    What about a Mannlicher now there's a fancy girl that loves to be out and about.

Always wanted a fine older Mannlicher in 30-06 or 7mm but could never afford one. However, I think now, the S&L are a better design. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and certainly so with rifles, shotguns, dogs, horses and women. CNC machining is now changing the game somewhat, but if one wants a really nice hand finished and tuned rifle, those two brand names still stand out amongst the famed.

Pre 1970's Winchester were another famous rifle and still sought after, a bit like the BSA Hunters in 7mm and 222.

The big calibre double rifles are something else altogether and I have never owned one, but certainly they earned reputations in tricky situations. Maca49 know a bit about those but I've not sought one out because I have no talent for hunting elephants or lions in NZ. (they're too dammed hard to find I believe.)

Scribe
    Always wanted a fine older Mannlicher in 30-06 or 7mm but could never afford one. However, I think now, the S&L are a better design. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and certainly so with rifles, shotguns, dogs, horses and women. CNC machining is now changing the game somewhat, but if one wants a really nice hand finished and tuned rifle, those two brand names still stand out amongst the famed.

Pre 1970's Winchester were another famous rifle and still sought after, a bit like the BSA Hunters in 7mm and 222.

The big calibre double rifles are something else altogether and I have never owned one, but certainly they earned reputations in tricky situations. Maca49 know a bit about those but I've not sought one out because I have no talent for hunting elephants or lions in NZ. (they're too dammed hard to find I believe.)
    A 36 26 36 'Mannlicher' my boyo. That's what we are talking about here, Not lions or Elephants either.

Never mind what Maca49 knows about BIG calibres he strikes me as having been around a bit that boy.
    Maca49 likes this.

I'm so innocent---

Maca49 likes bunnies--
    Maca49 likes this.

Great, my attendance now depends on my renewed FAL turning up by Thursday.
    Old one expired last week and Police are taking sweet time in mailing out the new card.
    There I was thinking that renewing 2 months prior would be enough time.
    Welcome to Sako club.

I think they will issue a temp one if you contact your local arms officer.
    mucko likes this.

I didn't know anyone was going to ask that question. ? Surely the fact you had your old one on you would suffice if its only just expired... ???
    You probably don't need one seeing as you ll be under the direct control of 6 to 10 other licenced people.
    mucko, Dougie and kiwi39 like this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

You gotta have been around after 65 yrs or you ain't lived, and I aint got much time to get around very far any more
    Boom, cough,cough,cough