Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Would you come along to...

Sounds really cool, I would be interested as well. Not sure my rifle would be okay though? what sort of set ups is this aimed at?
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Sounds really cool, I would be interested as well. Not sure my rifle would be okay though? what sort of set ups is this aimed at?
    What ever you want to turn up with
    Short range events will have a caliber restriction... i will probably look at refining my "No full length" magnum rule to be something like "Nothing heavier than 180gr going faster than 3200fps - caliber close to this limit to be approved"

Interested in medium range but, should be more of a ' run what you brung' in my opinion. Im not into competition or wanking over whos a better shot I prefer just to have a go and learn of others at the same time.

I better give my gamo .177 a quick tune up for this event. just kidding

A BOP or Waikato event like this would be good,

i'll really have to look at getting a cam am or a polaris soon. these wheelchairs aren't suited for the rural terrain.
    Maca49 likes this.

Also interested in rimfire shoots under the formats mentioned too (I still have one of those lol)

Dougie your rifle will be fine for medium range stuff. is it a .260rem? can't quite remember properly on what caliber the your rifle was
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

For some reason not many people interested in rim fire events. I quite enjoy them and they are heaps easier to set up

Yes
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Sounds awesome. I should be able to arrange a facility (farm) in Hawkes Bay if you wanted to expand this out East.
    Rimfire would be good too.
    POME likes this.

I'd be keen for rimfire shoots but if I'm gonna travel I want to do serious shootin if you know what I mean

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Yep that how i have the ones i run at the moment. I have approached a couple of other NZDA branches but didn't get much of a response... I agree would be great to have a few of these shoots round the place.

Yep, user pays. No refunds. At least then if they choose not to turn up the shoot isn't left out of pocket. Would take some organising but yep can be done. I have resisted doing this so far... maybe i should start.
    BTW i should have mentioned the entry fee for the Ruahine Biathlon was way too low given the prizes on offer... i know the prizes were sponsored but still. My opinion anyway.

Jungle lanes are awesome, heaps of fun even with a bolt action. Great practice. You need a few people to help out on the day though and they can be quite tricky to set up. I have done a couple of short ones before and competed in a couple of much longer ones. You have pretty much hit my aim on the head though regarding target shooters and hunters.
    Yes and no in regaurds to the prizes i found it to be a fine line.remembering the 40 rounds plus entry fee and its was a trial event- next time the price will go up for sure but the kinks will be ironed out aswell.And in all honesty i felt the enrty fee reflected the enviroment if you get what i mean?.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I'd be keen for rimfire shoots but if I'm gonna travel I want to do serious shootin if you know what I mean
    Yup I am the same would love to do a field target shoot with the rimfire which reminds me I must go down to duckilas place to get my TOZ out of his gun cupboard where it got stored when I went to aussie
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    So how many rounds would a shoot have to use for you to consider travelling? 40? 60?
    More than one event? Over one or two days?

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Yes and no in regaurds to the prizes i found it to be a fine line.remembering the 40 rounds plus entry fee and its was a trial event- next time the price will go up for sure but the kinks will be ironed out aswell.And in all honesty i felt the enrty fee reflected the enviroment if you get what i mean?.
    True it was a trial... i dunno you make a good point but entry fees must have come to about half the value in prizes?

Banned
    yea but It dose need to increase as the event will grow and build on the next hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    So how many rounds would a shoot have to use for you to consider travelling? 40? 60?
    More than one event? Over one or two days?
    40 - 60 is a good solid days shooting IMO. Its about the same amount we go through in a service match over 4 or 5 COF's