Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Farmer feels isolated from mates after losing firearms licence during depression

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    He should just take the camera and get some moments of his mates on film.
    You dont have to be the one pulling the trigger to be fully involved in the hunt
    Or buy a bow and learn how to stalk close.
    Friwi, Paddy79 and rewa like this.

When a non fal holder is using a firearm in direct supervision of its owner who is a fal holder, he does not really possess the firearm , he just uses it.?nah?
    So would that not apply to "revokee " as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    yes he can shoot under supervision any where as any other non fal can
    are you sure, if FAL has been revoked he mite not be able to

Yes, if your FAL has been revoked, or if you have been refused a FAL, I believe you are not even allowed to use or own an air rifle. Prrrretty draconian.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    He should just take the camera and get some moments of his mates on film.
    You dont have to be the one pulling the trigger to be fully involved in the hunt
    Aah, my old Zenit Foto Snaiper. Still got mine. Wonder if I can carry that into a public toilet without AOS callout. But seriously, no reason not to join the hunt just because you can't do the killing.

Name:  _mg_0911.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  101.9 KB
    Last edited by Cordite; 17-04-2018 at 11:37 AM.
    199p and Gibo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Aah, my old Zenit Foto Snaiper. Still got mine. Wonder if I can carry that into a public toilet without AOS callout. But seriously, no reason not to join the hunt just because you can't do the killing.

Attachment 85869
    That looks awesome.....I love BIG holes at the end of a barrel but there aint no beating that one......I saw one years ago that looked more like a rifle. Camera was fitted mostly in the scope and the batteries were in the rifle stock. Barrel itself was ornamental....

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth uplander View Post
    are you sure, if FAL has been revoked he mite not be able to
    well in my instance I lost my licence to a drug overdose attempt suicide at 18, rifle club knew what happened so did the local police officers, yet for 2 years I was still allowed to shoot there and got my licence back now I have 6 pistols 13 e cat ar15s and lot more others in A and E cat
    Micky Duck and Cordite like this.

Banned
    If they didn't and he got so wound up with mental issues that he took himself out and everyone else in a shopping centre, we would all be slightly more outraged.
    (I am currently looking at Aramoana through my window as I type this.)

Attachment 85869
    A poor substitute. It would be like holding hands with gloves on. Or making love with a very thick condom.

I hope that once this chap is certified as well again and stable that his licence will be re-issued.

Attachment 85869
    hate to think of the recoil

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    hate to think of the recoil
    @gonetropo

Recoil is very light because of the weight, but no follow-up shot possible on wildlife as the Zenit mirror is a loud clacker.

Nice feature is the ambidextrous front horizontal knob that you can turn with your non-trigger hand to do the focusing. The middle knob (just forwards of the trigger) is for attaching the telephoto lens to the forestock. It's a heavy piece of military grade camera intimidation. Suspect it was to take pics of demonstrators... "we know who you are" kind of stuff.

But sadly not a camera you'd want to bring to a Royal Wedding, or Obama's visit. But you are allowed to leave it in your car unattended.
    Last edited by Cordite; 18-04-2018 at 11:12 PM.
    Rocco likes this.

Gentleman i will contradict all said on here specifically because im in possession of factual evidence.no im not going to reveal to barroom lawyers voyeurs wannabe psychiatrists(you know who you are ,but if any one wantsa to PM me ,I may be inclined to spring a suprise or two depending on who you are. furthermore I will state unequivocally those who think suicide is soley the domain of thje mentally ill-think again
    somewher in the deepest darkest recesses of our psyche lurks a little black cupboard-it onlly takes a specific set of cicumstancesand a split second to unlock that and often tragedy is the result.
    ever heard"oh shit no it cant be -theyd never do it.!'
    bears thinking about.
    csmiffy likes this.

@kotuku yes over the years while I haven't had the suicide demon bite to close to my family and friends, it has been a kicker.
    From the old school mate that I hadn't seen in years who always was a troubled soul and while on home suicide watch managed to do the deed only hours before his next counselling session to the guy I played football against having a few beers after touch and seemingly ok, his bro finding him the next morning. Over his girlfriend no less.
    While the final outcome is the same it still is a bugger.
    In one of my earlier deep thought stages years ago I worked out it basically comes down to what you have suggested about that little dark place.
    Once our wonderfully complicated brain decides that the issue in question can over-ride our normal human response for self preservation, its a slippery slope to a distressing end.

So, what's the old Japanese word for "I'm deeply, deeply ashamed and humiliated, disgrace to ancestors and family, my face lost"?

harikari aka ritual suicide-an integral teaching of the samurai.it is the exception to this discussion though ive wondered when some one would pipe up with this.
    there is a not so subtle difference here -this was an expectation on defeat not an impulsive action of a person in the thores of fright flight flight we are discussing .
    Micky Duck likes this.