Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

Like Tree7304Likes

Thread: Photos of your dog

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    my interpretaton is''if you stopped fucking around with that thing stuck to you face maybe you could take this bird ive humped over half the countryside ??
    of all the buggers i could of got stuck with for a boss i get this clownoh well dinnertime soon and if he chucks me another dryed up tux i,l have the sods throat

brittanies are just to cute for words
    I think from the look on her face when we stopped her for the photo, she was a bit shocked. To her, momentarily, it appeared that we did not want the duck she had brought back from away out in the willows.

Dogs when you know them are able to express their feeling quite well in different ways.

Name:  P1020117.JPG
Views: 518
Size:  597.2 KBName:  P1020117.JPG
Views: 518
Size:  597.2 KB forgive me iif this is overkill.yes its busta with some more quail,(our favourite). my gun here is a 20 ga rizzini.i fell in love with the wood and had to have it.took him out last weekend on a swan cull 90 + birds, plus a few canadas.all a bit too big for him to retreive.can't say i blame him,its hard work dragging those carcases.
    Petros_mk, cmore, Toby and 2 others like this.

nice pic's

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    EeeBees will like that.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

sturg4
    Great photos of Gun, Dog and Quail its almost an English scene. Where were the photos taken.

Quote Originally Posted by lophortyx View Post
    Attachment 29815Attachment 29815 forgive me iif this is overkill.yes its busta with some more quail,(our favourite). my gun here is a 20 ga rizzini.i fell in love with the wood and had to have it.took him out last weekend on a swan cull 90 + birds, plus a few canadas.all a bit too big for him to retreive.can't say i blame him,its hard work dragging those carcases.
    Cute dog, cool gun, good fun
    If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of food.

Name:  P1010597.JPG
Views: 602
Size:  295.1 KB scribe,the busta picture was taken in a coastal area just north of christchurch.thats an old bit of lupin the gun is resting on.in the above picture, that is one of my bitch delta.the gun is a 16 ga hammer (belguim) made in 1883. its BP. but i shoot 7/8 oz loads NP.it only gets 1 or two outings,as it is in pristine original condition, and i intend to keep it that way.
    Petros_mk likes this.

Attachment 29839 scribe,the busta picture was taken in a coastal area just north of christchurch.thats an old bit of lupin the gun is resting on.in the above picture, that is one of my bitch delta.the gun is a 16 ga hammer (belguim) made in 1883. its BP. but i shoot 7/8 oz loads NP.it only gets 1 or two outings,as it is in pristine original condition, and i intend to keep it that way.
    1883....magnificent mate, i'd be scared to take it out....well done for keeping it 'alive'....
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

sturg4
    Attachment 29839 scribe,the busta picture was taken in a coastal area just north of christchurch.thats an old bit of lupin the gun is resting on.in the above picture, that is one of my bitch delta.the gun is a 16 ga hammer (belguim) made in 1883. its BP. but i shoot 7/8 oz loads NP.it only gets 1 or two outings,as it is in pristine original condition, and i intend to keep it that way.
    Your Barrels have got that very brown blueing on them they tell me is a rusting process.

Are the barrels Damascus.

Your gun is a beauty...
    how much does it way tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Attachment 29748

My young bitch coming in with a duck.
    Is this Boy's pup?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Is this Boy's pup?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No that's boy when she was a little younger Dougie.

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    No that's boy when she was a little younger Dougie.
    Did i hear wrong or is ur female dog named boy. Haha i like it
    If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of food.

I bought a young huntaway once, called Spud. When I asked the Maori mate I bought him off why he called him Spud, he said "shit man, have you ever tried to shout out "get in behind fucking potatoe" with loose false teeth, and when you are fucking furious?"

One of my great hard case memories. Thanks Bob.
    phillipgr, oneshot and Shanes215 like this.

Name:  P1010987-001.JPG
Views: 403
Size:  629.2 KB scribe,to answer your question,yes the barrels are damascus,and they have a beautiful pattern,not evident in this photo,but next time i haul it out from the back of the safe,i will take some more photos.the barrels are the original browning,this gun apart from a couple of safe marks over the years looks in as new condition which is remarkable. petros i have never weighed the gun,but i would think it is around the 6 1/2 lb mark.it is beautifully balanced. i do have an older gun,a greener hammer 12ga made in 1877 which i shoot more with.i took this on our annual pheasant drive.i like to bring the old guns out, if just to get a rise from the extended mag crew. anyway there was this pheasant,a high one that flew parallel to the guns,flighting over a stand of trees on on a bank.on he came past 5 guns,untouched, until the greener where he folded on report.a large cheer went up. it was my finest moment with that gun.i tell that story not to give the impression i am an extrordinary shot,(which i am not),but to give hope to many,like myself who spur themselves on with the thought,with only a few more opportunities i'll master that shot.every dog has its day! the barrels on the greener are steel,its been well shot over the years,so it is worn.i shoot it as is using falcon 4's and 7's 28gm 2 1/2 inch cartridges. i've added the photo as this was busta at 10 months on the molesworth shoot last year.we are off again next week.it'll be laydown blinds for two day/nights, then walking all the gully's for nester's,which is exciting shooting and challenging.busta is good at climbing the hills to locate and finding the odd hare or hedgehog.but we leave the big bird retreiving to the bigger boys.
    EeeBees likes this.