Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

Like Tree7284Likes

Thread: Photos of your dog

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Attachment 30858

Mates GWP x somewhere in the Kaimanawas
    Shame about the bottle in the foreground K
    Agree. A Waikato would be a much better fit
    Pengy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Attachment 30858

Mates GWP x somewhere in the Kaimanawas
    Shame about the bottle in the foreground K
    What a view! Part of the reason I love the kaimanawas, the sika might have something to do with it too
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Well done Jett. How does he go in the bush, I need to keep Penny on lead or will just self hunt miles away!

in reply to penny's walker,some brits do exhibit that behaviour,-self hunters,they do not relate to your whereabouts.i believe this has a genetic basis. however what can you do with the problem once you have the dog? invest in a good electric collar and use it to aid your voice commands.it will also curb his distance out. it is effective.

Shes pretty good I only took a leash to tie her at the hut, She is 14 months old and only her second deer hunt. (I stuffed two up the first time) I spent a lot of time getting a good heel and have practiced walking really slow and stopping every couple of metres, when hunting she is allowed about 5 metres from me. seems to have figured out what we are doing really fast. I don't use a shock collar, most of her training is from Rory Majors HPR box set from Paul French Video

Name:  qwe.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  163.0 KB

Number 2 shot today back in the ruahines
    Dundee, Dougie, phillipgr and 2 others like this.

Name:  2014-04-03165615-1_zps87523af2.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  74.4 KB
    redbang and Dougie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by prattpoint View Post
    Shes pretty good I only took a leash to tie her at the hut, She is 14 months old and only her second deer hunt. (I stuffed two up the first time) I spent a lot of time getting a good heel and have practiced walking really slow and stopping every couple of metres, when hunting she is allowed about 5 metres from me. seems to have figured out what we are doing really fast. I don't use a shock collar, most of her training is from Rory Majors HPR box set from Paul French Video
    Wow no2 already she will be getting tired. Penny all good everywhere except the bush, heel, recall, practice stalking all good just bolts 100m's in bush, haven't been real keen on shock collar idea as she reasonably fragile in nature. Been trying to get onto the local field dog club in dunedin for help etc with out luck.
    Practice at home one thing bush/ tops another.
    Last trip used a hotly to stop her pulling on a 5 m lead, by end of day she was getting use to been close. Still no luck shooting over her and don't get out much not helping.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    monty the old ridgeback 9 and 1/2 now was the runt of the litter and was told by numerous vets to put him down as a pup as he wouldn't make 3 months and cleo the young rescue pup 12 months now (we think) told us she was a pharaoh hound ...but as she has grown looks more whippet x something (maybe some sort of terrier) wicked fast , practises her stalking on birds , bails cats...... and can problem solve( eg. figured out how to open plastic drink bottles by unscrewing the caps ) had 2 trips to the bush and looking promising
    Dougie and Penny's walker like this.

Father-son time

Name:  Axe n Gus.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  447.6 KB
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    OPCz

2130hrs last night.Name:  picture 4720.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  156.6 KB
    redbang likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Looks like a Lab.. . "I'm sure I can smell a bbq....."
    Dougie likes this.
    Muzzleloaders have big balls

Young pup starting to show some promise, mostly she's insanely running around but then does points like this and give's me some hope for the future

Pointer and wsm junkie like this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hillclima View Post
    Young pup starting to show some promise, mostly she's insanely running around but then does points like this and give's me some hope for the future

Nice. How old, and where from?
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Thanks, coming up 11 Months and Ridgerunner kennels