Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: The flashlight sticky

yep pretty much what i found, without reading any numbers but having them out side by side shooting everything to possums at 2m, longer shots at rabbits, close hares and deer i thought they worked very well together. We used the X7R used when driving through tight scrub searching for possums and the maxtoch used in the open. Spotted deer at 500 odd metres with the maxtoch. As soon as it got a little foggy the yellow tint of the maxtoxh was far better

Loaned out my dedomed 2X to a mate last week - it runs at 253k lux - and he said they were picking out sheep two hills away at 600m!

Gadget and I gave alot of thought to designing an aspheric lens zoomhead torch recently when thinking of new products for Maxtoch. We've tested a number of zoomies before. But didn't ultimately add one as we've found the M24 in stock form has the wider spot and on half power is good for up close. We shot quite lot of possums recently on a farm and even the hotspot dedomed Maxis did that job very well on half power.

One of my favourite wee torches is still the little X2000 for about $12US. Its not overly powerful -a wee zoomie with about 100m max range - but shot alot bunnies up close for us couple of years ago. Its the most useful torch I have for house/truck/emergency earthquake lighting etc.

Perazzi - I will ask on overseas sites re less expensive zoomies. This is a well rated one - though it uses 26650 batts and not the commonly used 18650s:

JAX Z1 Zoomable Flashlight - 52mm Lens - 1x or 2x 26650 (Extension Included)

This guy Richard at Mountain Electronics in the States really knows his stuff - posts batts to NZ as well. Stock M24 will do the job for you but for short to medium range you might also think about a smaller XML light - less focussed and less powerful than the Maxtochs like this:

XinTD C8 V5 XP-G2 S2 2B 18650 Flashlight

Still 1000+ lumens but alot less lux (hotspot intensity) - maybe 20-35k lux.

Lithium Batteries and Chargers, The Gadget Guys

good deal on batteries. Just got some made a huge difference to my m24 runtime. Seems to be legit panasonics.

So Mudgripz, what's the recommendation for something shootable but with oomph. Got a TK22 on the mighty Marlin .22 but after something with more oomph and better spotting capabilities, to run off 18650's.

Thoughts/links/??? pls ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    So Mudgripz, what's the recommendation for something shootable but with oomph. Got a TK22 on the mighty Marlin .22 but after something with more oomph and better spotting capabilities, to run off 18650's.

Thoughts/links/??? pls ?
    At the moment the way to go would be an M24 and preferably de-domed.

MAXTOCH Sniper M24, Lighter Version of SN6X 2S, AR Lens, Copper LED Base, Longer Shooting Distance-in Flashlights & Torches from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
    anderset20 likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Yep - no comparison. Fenix make good lights but the TK22 is not designed to be a high performance hunter light. It puts out just 19k lux which is very low - max range 270 meters.

Fenix TK22 LED Flashlight

The standard Maxtoch M24 pops out about 82k, and dedomed is 170+k, or 570 to 840 meters. Different type of light.

Forgive me for be a lazy shite and not reading this entire thread but how would it get de-domed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    Forgive me for be a lazy shite and not reading this entire thread but how would it get de-domed ?
    Send it down to me.
    Kscott likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Thanks, torch ordered and I'll be in touch.
    gadgetman likes this.

Anyone have a Maxtoch for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by blair993 View Post
    Lithium Batteries and Chargers, The Gadget Guys

good deal on batteries. Just got some made a huge difference to my m24 runtime. Seems to be legit panasonics.
    What do they charge for shipping? You can get them on Trademe for $25 without shipping (for the unprotected ones)

i got two sets down for 5 bucks
    mudgripz likes this.

Great find Blair - very useful

Used them the other day up ashburton gorge and they lasted longer than i did. Was only getting a couple of hours of shooting out of last set. I think i will get another set soon.

Tested your maxtoch out last night on way back from hunting . Farrrrrrrk they are bright was very impressed . Cheers for the lend of it , will invest on one myself, brilliant !
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms