Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: ammunition on national flights

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    No but I will have printed out all the email correspondence which will have the head dude pointing out there regulations.
    Now if at check in stage they want to get funny I'll hand that lot over with his number and say "So good sir! Your not going with what the boss say's hmmm let me get him on the line....."
    It's been listed here you need to do your home work and be prepared. Then if a shit fight dose start you have at lest start with the upper hand.
    Most a check in don't give a monkeys but you do get the one who is a vegan our safe member now and again.
    Last time I came into nz all the cop wanted to know was my X spot funny bugger
    Most of my flying issues have been entering of leaving NZ. Mostly no probs elsewhere although I did have the Oz Federal Police temporarily confiscate my guns once on arrival there. But that’s another story.

The average cop here unfortunately knows nothing about FAs. That was proven on one of my flights out from Auckland where I contacted the cops to advise of my departure with a FA. The young guy came to me in departures area, read heaps of people, to do his thing. Unbelievable. On getting the rifle out of the case a clear zone of 15 meters around me immediately occurred. The rifle in question was a muzzle loader. He instructed that I “break open the action” (shotgun speak maybe) so that he could determine the rifle was not loaded. I said it was a muzzle loader and it didn’t open up like a bolt gun. All that did was cause him to instruct again in a louder voice and the people free area around me expanded. Eventually I was able to convince him by using the ram rod down the barrel that the rifle was charge free.

When we eventually returned to NZ to live I had 5 FAs with me. They took me off to one side and thru a separate lane, showed no interest in the rest of our goods, and sent us on our way miles ahead of all the other poor passengers.

Sorry, bit off topic.
    Cordite likes this.

Thanks Rushy I look forward to my speedy boarding