Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: Media Firearms beat-up continues

Yes, I do think it will just die out and something will replace it(it seems that plane crashes and lack of security in international airports is the topic at the moment), or the national flag will be back in the lime light soon.

Although there has been the small change in the mail order process as a result of a long run of firearm news, ending with the stunt by TV3.

Will we go down the same road as Aus? Well I think not, but fear of moving to a similar system as Aus will hopefully keep us on our toes and hopefully increase overall vigilance.
    "Professionals are predictable but the world is full of dangerous amateurs"

I would like to know who that dealer is. What a clown!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    A fair amount of conflict of interest bias in the quoted comments in that article I suspect.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I expect to see his revenue plummet. He's basically saying "private sales hurt my business. All sales should go through me so I can clip the ticket".

''Over the internet, or a mate talking to a mate down at the pub, nine times out of 10 they won't ask to see a gun licence. And when someone messes up we all cop the flak."
    Pretty much.But it would be interesting to see some statistical analysis of this.

no doubt the reporter /s also rearrange off the cuff comments to asuit the spin they put on their articles too.never let facts get in the way of a good story -Prof Kevin Clements -everytime i see this peacenik quoted I feel the urgent need to go squat on the dunny!conspiracy peddler he is.
    Duh -doesnt the bloody gunshop owner know we had firearms rego systyem that the cops decided didnt work &dismantled!
    ive still got some of those docs around here somewhere.
    lets face it ,a lot of these MSM pricks should have been shot onto a hot tin fence and left to marinate in the sun-we'd frankly be better off without them!

*"He thought a month-long test should be introduced to ensure gun owners could safely operate a gun, store it securely and hit a target"

Month long test? Wow, gun owners/dealers are their own worst enemy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    mikee and Sideshow like this.

''Private gun sales are a huge problem,'' he said.

What an ass we should encourage people to boycott his store. Pure self interest.
    Grunta, mikee, Banana and 3 others like this.

That guy is such a fuckwit

I doubt the anonymous dealer will remain anonymous for long.

Cui Bono

Firearms retailers are getting undercut by online-only stores which have been proliferating of late and suddenly Hey Presto! Look over here folks! These people are dangerous! Don't let people import their own parts and save money!
    There's a dollar or two at the bottom of this dungpile someplace..

Why do I get the feeling that someone is pissing in my pocket and telling me it's raining?
    veitnamcam, 300CALMAN and Sideshow like this.

I work at McCarthys and overheard that interview. In the interest of keeping my job I won't talk about my own opinions here, but bear in mind how the media like to spin things. After the online threat regarding the Otago University a journalist from the ODT came and asked me some questions at work about obtaining a pistol and here is the article that resulted 'Good chance' of tracing threat | Otago Daily Times Online News : Otago, South Island, New Zealand & International News
    What I tried to explain was that pistols can be owned in NZ, but will be held under a C or B license. That anyone with a firearms license could buy ammunition that a handgun might be chambered for, which makes sense as many pistols are chambered in calibres that rifles also take, e.g. .22lr. I said each handgun is registered under the name of the owner, and (In theory) the police know exactly which handgun is owned by which licensed owner, however they obviously couldn't keep track of ones that were already owned illegally or ones smuggled into the country e.g. in a boat.
    This is how she interpreted it:

"A Dunedin hunting and fishing store employee, who asked to remain anonymous, said the handgun posted with the threat online could be bought in New Zealand by a category C licence holder.

Bullets for the gun could be used for most category A (sporting) guns, so it would not be clear what the bullets were being bought for, the employee said.

Police kept a close eye on who owned handguns and obtaining one was a lengthy process.

However, they could not track stolen or imported guns, he said."

Lesson learnt?

Lesson being nobody in the shooting community should give any MSM outlet the opportunity to twist their words, as in tell them to get bent.
    veitnamcam, steven, Tommy and 2 others like this.