Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: Media Firearms beat-up continues

T
    Quote Originally Posted by Natatale View Post
    I'm sorry when was the last mass shooting ?? Did I miss something, I think it's gone a long way to make Oz a lot safer. There will always be shootings, get rid of guns totally, and the they will stab each other, take knives away they will stone each other.
    We as humans are bloody dangerous creatures, always have been, and always will be, but limit to what we kill each other with, surely it will help the innocent bystanders from being shot in MASS. !!!
    Thank you for wanting to sacrifice other peoples firearms privileges because you feel uncomfortable about semi autos. Thankfully you are the minority. You just stated we are lucky to have the laws we have and you advocate giving them away. Sod having laws anywhere like Aussie. Joe Stalin would find them oppressive.
    southernredneck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    When was the last time there was a mass shooting in New Zealand?
    February 1997 6 dead and 4 wounded
    December 2001 3 dead
    They may not be on the scale of Port Arthur, but still listed as mass killings.

Yeah and there are a few million more Aussies so compare things in the right perspective, and can you quote me the gun death figures for both countries ???
    And tell me what the fuck do you need with a semi auto 7.62, would you use it to stop a charging mob of goats from killing you ???
    There are places for these types of weapons and NZ doesn't really need them !!
    What do you need with a gun full stop? This is New Zealand. A first world country where normal people can buy meat from the supermarket. You don't need to hunt. What makes you think you should be allowed to own a high powered gun? How do I know you won't try and shoot me with it?
    308 likes this.

I don't think these anti fuckwits watch rugby??? Too violent...

February 1997 6 dead and 4 wounded
    December 2001 3 dead
    They may not be on the scale of Port Arthur, but still listed as mass killings.
    So a semi automatic rifle was used in neither of those incidents, and there have been no "mass" shootings in 14 odd years. Yip ban semi autos, we have a problem.
    southernredneck likes this.

Compare Australia
    direct comparison of firearm deaths

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    February 1997 - Stephen Anderson - history of mental illness.
    December 2001 - William Bell - after a night consuming alcohol and drugs.

The firearms are not the problem.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Stephen Anderson used a single barrel shotgun hardly a "high powered MSSA"

I guess I'd ban Shotguns cause I can't shoot with one so the just useless to me, I dont have an E cat or a B cat or a C cat or a Dealers licence so all that shit can go! I don't like brunettes much either so they can go, get the message, it's not what we see as useless to us that's the prob. The real cause are the looneys and the Crims that need sorting, but it's easier to blame something that's easier to control. Knives are far more dangerous than firearms and there's no restrictions really. Now farking stones! I just don't want to think about.
    10-Ring likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Hey I'm Ex-Military and love using firearms, but can you tell me where are there military shooting clubs that can train the novice shooters to use semi auto military type weapons??
    Please get it that military rifles in the hands of civilians without proper training and guidance is a recipe for a mass shooting. May not be today or in a year but it will happen.
    If you are a member of a military shooting club and want to go out with your mates and have a shooting comp, then I see that a legitimate reason.
    Here is a very real possibility, Person 1 obtains a FAL, just "A" class. He goes and buys a SKS and 500 rounds in gun shop A.
    Fuck that was cheap and easy so he goes into Gun shop B and does the same. He can do this for every gun shop in NZ if he wants. Now he get together some of his not so friendly to our way's mates and you now you have a recipe for disaster to the innocent.

And tell me what the fuck do you need with a semi auto 7.62, would you use it to stop a charging mob of goats from killing you ???
    There are places for these types of weapons and NZ doesn't really need them !!
    Ummm... Weren't you looking for an SKS a while ago? Why the sudden change in attitude?

http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...mi-auto-23324/
    http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...ng-ammo-22300/
    http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...4/index2.html#

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    shift14 likes this.

Name:  20151102_204302.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  560.9 KB
    @Natatale gotta love them semi auto 7.62's
    Ryan, Banana and Skatieguy like this.

Hey I'm Ex-Military and love using firearms, but can you tell me where are there military shooting clubs that can train the novice shooters to use semi auto military type weapons??
    Please get it that military rifles in the hands of civilians without proper training and guidance is a recipe for a mass shooting. May not be today or in a year but it will happen.
    If you are a member of a military shooting club and want to go out with your mates and have a shooting comp, then I see that a legitimate reason.
    Here is a very real possibility, Person 1 obtains a FAL, just "A" class. He goes and buys a SKS and 500 rounds in gun shop A.
    Fuck that was cheap and easy so he goes into Gun shop B and does the same. He can do this for every gun shop in NZ if he wants. Now he get together some of his not so friendly to our way's mates and you now you have a recipe for disaster to the innocent.

I acknowledge that you are trying to make a point, and some concerns, military firearms, civilian hands or not, training or no training...
    The outcome would be the same if someone decided to have a bad day with a ruger 10/22.

It's starting to look like the haves and have nots...
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Ummm... Weren't you looking for an SKS a while ago? Why the sudden change in attitude?

http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...mi-auto-23324/
    http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...ng-ammo-22300/
    http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...4/index2.html#

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Hey no sudden change, I have the background and the experience to use one.
    But what I cant believe is that NZ doesn't have a basic fire arms registry, just for starters.
    Which just leaves it wide open for mis-use.

how does a registry stop mis-use? are the crims going to register their guns?