Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree276Likes

Thread: Has 1080 by kill struck again

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Lets see, whenever someone starts coming out with "if you're not with us you are against us" type statements, that (to me at least) is a pretty clear indication of fundamentalist or extremist thinking... not much point trying to have a reasoned debate with those types.

and Graeme, do you have a wife/mother/sister/daughter ? imagine for a minute that she ends up in public service and makes it to a ministerial post. then some guy comes along, and because he does not like what her department has been doing for the last 30 years, even though she has just been appointed to the position, he starts using sexist and derogatory remarks when referring to her. as someone who has served in the military, and who is supposed to have a better idea of honour than most, does that strike you as honourable or decent behaviour ?

now you might think that what you see as the opposition is not acting in a decent way, and that's fair enough. but what you can control is your own behaviour, and you are letting yourself and your side down by what I have seen here...
    Refer to remark above

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Sturgeon View Post
    I am sure its the truth. Can the truth ever be an insult???.
    Derogatory insults regarding someone's pigmentation.
    Wars have started over less.
    Your starting to resemble Colonel Walter E Kurtz more by the day.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Scribe
    You guys are getting your moneys worth out of a thread you say you cant stand.

Well Done.
    Gapped axe and Happy like this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Sturgeon View Post
    You guys are getting your moneys worth out of a thread you say you cant stand.

Well Done.
    Sorry, who had to have the last word?
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Sorry, who had to have the last word?
    You apparently.

Or me now.

Or whoever posts next...
    veitnamcam, Dundee and Happy like this.

Is it just me or has this thread just gone off topic
    Happy likes this.

Dam we need some unlike buttons here !
    Young against old ha ha. Political correctness ha ha Colonel Kurtz ha ha
    Pigmentation ha ha Wars have stared over less ha ha
    Funnier than funny thing

After 5 time for beer me thinks
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Wont you all just fuck up

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    For what it is worth, I think Graeme and Woody do a pretty good job, When guys who have history and experience like these guys, it's probably worth taking notice.
    260hunter, Happy and Aly like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    For what it is worth, I think Graeme and Woody do a pretty good job, When guys who have history and experience like these guys, it's probably worth taking notice.
    It is being noticed 9 pages now.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Let's be honest though, and just to add to it further it is 9 pages of mostly drivel and mud slinging.
    Best bit so far was the story about the Morepork liberating the rat into the fenced sanctuary.
    You can only laugh at the irony of that one.

Has 1080 by kill struck again

Most have strong beliefs about 1080. However, unless we have a big wig amongst us I doubt, in fact I know we are simply banging our heads against a brick wall.

I don't believe a 1080 debate really deserves 9 pages of korero, especially when some of us are just warming up it seems. But there are always far too many personal attacks in such threads.
    In the interest of unity these threads are rarely worth reading and contributing to.
    Unfortunately.
    Gibo likes this.
    Dan M

Name:  Got one.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  77.3 KB

outdoorlad likes this.

How many are under the pile they can't see?

I am fairly new to this forum but I spent a long time on another forum - some of it on 1080 issues that have been debated extensively by very knowledgeable people
    I retired a couple of years back and spent more time on forums and learned a bit about 1080 - I was horrified to learn about the cruelty of 1080 - information that I picked up from anti 1080 people such as Clyde Graff
    I spent a long time learning everything I could about 1080 and was sure that I would be able to find something from a scientist somewhere in the world to stop 1080 use in NZ - but alas - the only information that I have found that has been useful to me came from Charles Eason - from the Cawthron Institute - Cawthron Institute: People People - one of his papers that resolved the cruelty issues for me - An updated review of the toxicology and ecotoxicology of sodium fluoroacetate (1080) in relation to its use as a pest control tool in New Zealand - Sodium fluoroacetate (1080) is a vertebrate pesticide, originally developed in the 1940s and... - New
    This indicates that in the final stages of death - animals are likely to have suffered a seizure and are unlikely to experience pain
    Don’t get me wrong - I hate 1080 for various reasons - but it may be one of the more effective tools we have to save some of our birds. I do however believe that DOC are ignoring the opportunities for many parts of our bush and high country that could be trapped - as suggested by Marty Foote
    I can’t understand why the pro 1080 people continually try to stifle debate about 1080 issues on hunting forums - there are a few on here (they are the same guys on the other forum) that try to swamp debate with their highly educated “speak” where they try to put good ordinary people down
    For goodness sake - free speech is one of our great principles - we can actually learn from open debate on any subject - semi political or otherwise
    Most of us are hunters or have been hunters in our lifetime - most of us love the environment and most animals that live in it and will do anything to resolve issues for our birds - many of us are actually out there killing predators and saving birds - at considerable time and cost to ourselves
    There have been some great ideas floated on the hunting forums - if 1080 issues offend some members then maybe this forum should have a Politics of Hunting section - if you don’t like thinking about 1080 - just don’t go there
    I don’t know why Marty Henry got kicked out of here - maybe he was getting political - but he opened up some great debate on the other forum - the man has some great ideas for alternatives to 1080
    Some will say that you will never add any value to the 1080 debate if you take an extreme position - such as Clive Graff or Marty Henry - and that the population in general just switch off - maybe - but the general population has been significantly influenced by the Government and DOC publicity machines where money was no object
    Only time will tell about 1080 maybe the saviour of our birds - maybe neutral - maybe another environmental disaster - just be patient and give it time - read all you can from Charles Eason and you will know most of what there is to know about 1080