Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree276Likes

Thread: Has 1080 by kill struck again

I enjoy reading the threads! I will also make up my own mind on the pro or anti and I also know I don't have to read it if it offends me.
    I know it's not really achieving anything in the big picture off 1080 use, but it could be making more people a wear of the said problems? which in turn might make some people want to take it further.
    What I do find annoying is how a bunch of grown men and women who all seem like good buggers can turn this into personal attacks against each other. If everybody just kept it on topic and supplied there information as they see it, it should be fine and make it easier on the mods that have to control it?
    Everyone has a right to there opinion don't they.
    mucko, Gibo, time out and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    You don't get an opinion while you own a tikka .270. go back to your cave
    Post of the week
    Yes great idea tussock ban these shit threads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Sturgeon View Post
    Surely you 'savage' are not saying that you would condone illegal acts like poisoning deer with 1080.

You do understand that 1080 is not a registered poison to use on Deer control and therefore the person that targets deer with it is committing an illegal act.

Reason being that it delivers a sub lethal doses and is thereby inhumane.

Some science here 1080science.co.nz
    Did I mention poisoning deer with 1080? No, so your post is erroneous.

I suggest you learn what science is before saying that that website represents science of 1080. Picking and choosing studies and not peer reviewing isn't science.
    Spudattack, Shamus and res like this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Well, I read the last part of this thread.

Here are my thoughts on the matter.

Anti-10/80 crowd seem to be achieving very little by bludgeoning people into supporting them, and should possibly be saved from themselves. They seem to be achieving more for the pro-camp with their approach.
    People who find the discussions and the fact they always get personal annoying seem to outnumber pro and anti, and that is taking into account most will just ignore the thread.
    Opinions seem fixed, making discussions pretty pointless anyway. Your either vehemently pro, or anti. Anyone floating will run a mile from the topic because of the amount of venom.

I suggest we call this a fail, delete any mention of 10/80 on sight, and gift all 10/80 related traffic to FnH. They love that shit.

Thoughts?
    You go to the pub to have a quite beer with your mates, shoot the breeze and wind down. You chose that pub because the publican politely offered a code of conduct that fits with you. There's quite a lot of you like that there, that's why you like it.
    If you wanted to go to the "doof doof" club down the road, where you cant hear yourself think for all the racket that's you choice, but you don't.
    I'm happy to offer directions to those who prefer the "rave" scene. Do we need to put up a streetmap down by the gents door?
    BRADS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by screamO View Post
    I enjoy reading the threads! I will also make up my own mind on the pro or anti and I also know I don't have to read it if it offends me.
    I know it's not really achieving anything in the big picture off 1080 use, but it could be making more people a wear of the said problems? which in turn might make some people want to take it further.
    What I do find annoying is how a bunch of grown men and women who all seem like good buggers can turn this into personal attacks against each other. If everybody just kept it on topic and supplied there information as they see it, it should be fine and make it easier on the mods that have to control it?
    Not on a forum hosted by someone else who requested a very few rules were considered before you post. This is not a democracy.
    BRADS and Tommy like this.

I cant afford to go to the pub, which is why I spend far too much time on here

"doof doof"...hahahah
    kiwijames and Gapped axe like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post

I suggest you learn what science is before saying that that website represents science of 1080. Picking and choosing studies and not peer reviewing isn't science.
    Deer damage to the Forest and 1080 in the same thread??? I apologise if I read you wrong 'savage'

I am glad you have somehow worked out a way to avoid killing deer with aerial 1080. You should pass that information on you know.

Mike Meads was peer reviewed 6 times.

Scribe
    Last edited by Graeme Sturgeon; 04-02-2015 at 12:33 PM.
    mucko and Gapped axe like this.

Has 1080 by kill struck again

Deer damage to the Forest and 1080 in the same thread??? I apologise if I read you wrong 'savage'

Mike Meads was peer reviewed 6 times.
    Chill bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BRADS; 04-02-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by screamO View Post
    Well I think I have just been proven wrong

its funny this thread we can all have a opinion as long as it suits a select few, we come from all different walks of life and have seen many things thats what makes our own opinion, regardless of the topic we are all within our rights to hold our own opinion without being verbally attacked or threatened. respect the fact we are adults and have formed our own opinions though our personal experiences and leave it at that. you are not held at gunpoint to read the thread yet feel compelled to comment, go read another thread or start your own. you dont have to antagonize people to have your opinion heard.
    Aly and screamO like this.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    You go to the pub to have a quite beer with your mates, shoot the breeze and wind down. You chose that pub because the publican politely offered a code of conduct that fits with you. There's quite a lot of you like that there, that's why you like it.
    If you wanted to go to the "doof doof" club down the road, where you cant hear yourself think for all the racket that's you choice, but you don't.
    I'm happy to offer directions to those who prefer the "rave" scene. Do we need to put up a streetmap down by the gents door?
    Hand up, I know, I know... The sort of pub where you are only allowed to talk Rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post

That is complete bollocks Savage1. The website
    1080science.co.nz

is administered by Dr J C Pollard, who has a PhD (doctorate in zoology. Her associated contributors are also highly qualified and experienced scientists and foresters.

Parts of the site, including the ERMA index are faithful extracts from the ERMA review process. Another link is to the
    www.rarebits.co.nz
    site also constructed by Dr Pollard which contains specific very interesting report notes by Department of Conservation.

Also on the 1080science.co.nz
    site has a link named "Appeals" which details the extreme reluctance by the PCE to hear evidence against 1080 poison from numerous New Zealanders.

I would suggest that you are deliberately attempting to denigrate a qualified scientist and associated scientists, technicians and foresters, Department of Conservation science and the ERMA review science by inferring that only a narrow dictionary interpretations of what "science' is, is allowable on this forum or anywhere else , for that matter. If the forum applied your inferred rule of Peer review", is would cease to exist in every thread.
    You are also attempting to dissuade members of this forum from viewing one of the best independent science websites in this country.

Shame on you.

I suggest you think again and allow others their point of view. Nobody is perfect, including me, but people are entitled to valid opinion, thoughts and to present their evidence and entitled to discuss and learn. What you are attempting is to stultify that and in the course of your own posts are simply applying gross generalisations as a means of criticising others. It seems you have an interest in trying to have this thread discussion destroyed, and thereby depriving concerned members from fair exchanges of information and concerns.
    mucko, blake and screamO like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Well, I read the last part of this thread.

Here are my thoughts on the matter.

Anti-10/80 crowd seem to be achieving very little by bludgeoning people into supporting them, and should possibly be saved from themselves. They seem to be achieving more for the pro-camp with their approach.
    People who find the discussions and the fact they always get personal annoying seem to outnumber pro and anti, and that is taking into account most will just ignore the thread.
    Opinions seem fixed, making discussions pretty pointless anyway. Your either vehemently pro, or anti. Anyone floating will run a mile from the topic because of the amount of venom.

I suggest we call this a fail, delete any mention of 10/80 on sight, and gift all 10/80 related traffic to FnH. They love that shit.

Thoughts?
    Hi Tussock.
    Personally I believe there is a place for the debate, albeit, contentious, surrounding the use of poisons like 1080 because the effects are perceived to be a threat to hunting and fishing and the related environments by more than just a few. Others may feel the use of such poison is of great benefit to their sports of hunting and fishing. It is an issue important to Hunters and Fishermen.

I think there should be a specific subject thread created for the issue such that it is not just randomly appearing within the Hunting, or the Fishing, dogs, or other thread main headings.

Obscene posts can be subject to the same discipline as on any other thread.

My 2 cents.
    GravelBen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Hi Tussock.
    Personally I believe there is a place for the debate, albeit, contentious, surrounding the use of poisons like 1080 because the effects are perceived to be a threat to hunting and fishing and the related environments by more than just a few. Others may feel the use of such poison is of great benefit to their sports of hunting and fishing. It is an issue important to Hunters and Fishermen.

I think there should be a specific subject thread created for the issue such that it is not just randomly appearing within the Hunting, or the Fishing, dogs, or other thread main headings.

Obscene posts can be subject to the same discipline as on any other thread.

My 2 cents.
    Agreed
    screamO likes this.

Hand up, I know, I know... The sort of pub where you are only allowed to talk Rugby.
    And cricket.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds