Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree276Likes

Thread: Has 1080 by kill struck again

Looks like trampers on the Young-Wilkin circuit will be getting a green shower too then!

I guess that land beside the main road is far to remote to even consider trapping or bait stations instead of aerial drops.

[QUOTE= I guess that land beside the main road is far to remote to even consider trapping or bait stations instead of aerial drops.[/QUOTE]

Thats my thinking. I get there probably needs to be some ariel drops, but surely areas like this should be trapped, bait stations or shot. Just like the valley or whatever has endangered species in them, trap the surrounding area, ariel drop the rest. Surely this must be a better way than what DOC etc are doing now. After all, isn't the main / whole reason for this is to protect these species?

Dosent make sense to me.

Just get rid of 1080 period and we won't have to have these discussions
    7mmsaum, Kiwi Greg, mucko and 4 others like this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Channel 1 now
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

What a joke that was FFS, airy fairy and bias to Dick Docs
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Let them drop all the 1080 they want, kill all the birds, then there is no need for the stuff and the problem will go away.

The problem is not the 1080, its the bloody birds so once they are gone there the whole place will quieten down.

Problem solved

Every time I see 1080 on the news none of the reporters seem to have been briefed very well - or just lack the balls to ask some tough questions or reference some studies, etc. Either that or they can't even get doc to appear unless they submit a list of questions they'll be asking beforehand. Wouldn't surprise me. If that's the case though then they should teach them a lesson and run a piece without them even being there to defend themselves.

If we lose ONE bait at work - ONE - we have to go through a lot of drama and paperwork. If a non-target species eats it through it being lost or the trap not being disposed of properly...then the shit really hits the fan. Did I emphasize one bait enough?

Then there is the New Zealand Department of Conservation nuking half the country with hundreds of thousands of baits in a completely non species-specific way. Blows my mind.

MattyP if you lose a bait I'd bring that up in my defence, obviously the product is totally harmless to anything except targetted species because of the random spread of it from the air! Would be really good to bring up in a personal grievance situ, if someone was dismissed for losing a bait, might be a good way to lose your job, once you are sick of it
    Happy and Woody like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    MattyP if you lose a bait I'd bring that up in my defence, obviously the product is totally harmless to anything except targetted species because of the random spread of it from the air! Would be really good to bring up in a personal grievance situ, if someone was dismissed for losing a bait, might be a good way to lose your job, once you are sick of it
    Haha. Alas though, where I work stuff is actually backed up by science and evidence. If we found a dead animal from a bait that was targetting non-indigenous rats, we wouldn't be able to explain it away by some bullshit like snow killing it. Because they would test it, and then know. Crazy logical ideas, right!?

Bet they don't test those birds even if they do find any bodies. Easy enough to do.
    veitnamcam, Frogfeatures and Woody like this.

Auckland, until I can escape south....to Southland.
    Bet they don't test those birds even if they do find any bodies. Easy enough to do.[/QUOTE]

They don't WANT to find the bodies, cos until they do it's all 'posibilities' and nothing proven.
    Common sense has been replaced with 'pseudo science'
    He nui to ngaromanga, he iti to putanga.

You depart with mighty boasts, but you come back having done little.
    Sounds like a typical hunting trip !