Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: Poaching, let's get this straight

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Not getting caught?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yup that's right. Until you get caught it is either " border patrolling" or " fringing"
    When you're silly enough to get to the stage where you stupidly supply your real name or they ID your vehicle; you can rest assured that your firearms licence will go Ta Ta's too along with a healthy fine. DON'T GET CAUGHT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    And let's burn the witches on public place! We will end up not much better than the fuckers from ISIS
    Nah, nah I wouldn't stoop to using petrol!!!! even if the price of it is as low as it currently is. Ya gotta have some principles in life,eh???

Quote Originally Posted by top gun View Post
    Yup that's right. Until you get caught it is either " border patrolling" or " fringing"
    When you're silly enough to get to the stage where you stupidly supply your real name or they ID your vehicle; you can rest assured that your firearms licence will go Ta Ta's too along with a healthy fine. DON'T GET CAUGHT!!!!!
    Hope you mean rather than not get caught don't do it at all...
    7mmwsm, BRADS and 25/08IMP like this.

I hope I am wrong, but that post sounds to me like you are condoning it, and willing to try and cover your sorry arse if confronted
    EeeBees, BRADS and deer243 like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    I hope I am wrong, but that post sounds to me like you are condoning it, and willing to try and cover your sorry arse if confronted
    Lately Pengy I've taken the approach if I dig the hole deep enough they'll never find the body.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Edge doesn't leave much to bury does it ?

Head shot from a km away....
    deer243 likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    The Edge doesn't leave much to bury does it ?

Head shot from a km away....
    It's time consuming picking up all the little bits

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    25/08IMP likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    It's time consuming picking up all the little bits
    Is that what the pups are for?
    Pengy likes this.

Really sharp ........ ( shaking head )

veitnamcam likes this.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I feel like this thread never remotely managed to get anything straight
    K95, Munsey and Danny like this.

Though apparently if you get caught shooting at a robot, you aren't actually shooting at a "deer"......

Shooting at anything at a time or place you haven't got permission to do so is going to be a significant legal problem here, if the right people happen to observe it
    Kiwi Greg and mikee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Do you understand the word proximately?

Statistically you would be in more danger crossing the street in Christchurch...

By the way, you don't have higher ground in this discussion, I have been a farmer and landowner as well as a few other things whilst currently a townie...

There is no justification for shooting stock, damaging property or assaulting people - but we aren't talking about poachers now are we now... we are talking about criminals...

It may be convenient for you to lump all together, but I would wager you never see most poachers, cause they don't wannabe seen... they don't damage your property, kill your stock or assault you...

It would seem to me, that the "increase in poaching"? coincides with increasing interest in hunting and reducing access to private property, because farmers now tend to view wild animals that they do not own, as a resource.

It would also seem to me that landowners are more indignant (because of their perception of ownership) about all this, and because they spend most of their time talking to themselves and not developing communication skills, they may not tend to engage particularly well with small bands of scruffy men carrying firearms. From a past life, a place of self righteousness and authority is no substitute for well developed communication skills, particularly when those you are dealing with may well lack in these areas as well.

If you think I lack empathy with the issues, you are mistaken and yes we need to deal with the idiots.... there are plenty of laws to do that... but a lot less paranoia is a better solution than a lot more... we don't want to turn into americans...
    Seems simple to me - stay off private property - don't shoot anywhere that isn't on your fukn open area Permit, end of saga. anyone arguing against that is a dreamy wanker. why try to rationalise all the bullshit?
    Last edited by keneff; 18-05-2016 at 12:32 PM. Reason: more thought
    Frosty, 25/08IMP and Steve123 like this.