Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: Poaching, let's get this straight

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    wstf
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    you seem to no an awful lot about this jazz sidney, are you a lawyer if you dont mind me asking?
    Almost but not quite... 3rd year, but 10 years police in an earlier life... as well as farming - must have ADHD..

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Almost but not quite... 3rd year, but 10 years police in an earlier life... as well as farming - must have ADHD..
    Cop to a lawyer? You dirty bugger!
    Good luck mate you will know all the tricks then?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    BRADS likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Lost an animal tonight Was hunting on my land. The bugger went over the fence or under

Anyway too keep things legal rifle was left on my side of the fence while I looked for it as I have a knife. I'm still pissed off but lost the trail of blood. Searched on the other side for an hour,now I'm a fukn poacherName:  picture 3481.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  163.1 KBName:  picture 3482.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  163.8 KBName:  picture 3480.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  164.3 KB
    Toby likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Lost an animal tonight Was hunting on my land. The bugger went over the fence or under

Anyway too keep things legal rifle was left on my side of the fence while I looked for it as I have a knife. I'm still pissed off but lost the trail of blood. Searched on the other side for an hour,now I'm a fukn poacherAttachment 23061Attachment 23062Attachment 23063
    That's a bugger Dundee.

On a side note: All this poaching talk has sparked my interest. I might have to give it a go myself. Since it looks like I might be in the market I might have to poach a replacement vehicle from the north island as there isn't much around here.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Sidney wrote...
    It would seem to me, that the "increase in poaching"? coincides with increasing interest in hunting and reducing access to private property, because farmers now tend to view wild animals that they do not own, as a resource.

It would also seem to me that landowners are more indignant (because of their perception of ownership) about all this, and because they spend most of their time talking to themselves and not developing communication skills, they may not tend to engage particularly well with small bands of scruffy men carrying firearms. From a past life, a place of self righteousness and authority is no substitute for well developed communication skills, particularly when those you are dealing with may well lack in these areas as well.

I am very disappointed to read such a post on our forum...
    7mmwsm, BRADS and big_foot like this.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Ejected
    The irony Dundee, you could still get trespassed even though no rifle. Did you have permission?

Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    Sidney wrote...
    It would seem to me, that the "increase in poaching"? coincides with increasing interest in hunting and reducing access to private property, because farmers now tend to view wild animals that they do not own, as a resource.

It would also seem to me that landowners are more indignant (because of their perception of ownership) about all this, and because they spend most of their time talking to themselves and not developing communication skills, they may not tend to engage particularly well with small bands of scruffy men carrying firearms. From a past life, a place of self righteousness and authority is no substitute for well developed communication skills, particularly when those you are dealing with may well lack in these areas as well.

I am very disappointed to read such a post on our forum...
    And witness a lack of communication skills... perhaps you should try and read it again and this time try to understand it

I was a farmer... it was a tongue in cheek remark almost self mocking.. and only seeking to point out the need to manage those situations carefully..

The first statement is observational, and would be an accurate reflection of many landowners opinions... Again having been a farmer I have seen and watched the access issues for years..

If you don't understand clarification is the first step......

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    The irony Dundee, you could still get trespassed even though no rifle. Did you have permission?
    I have had permission before from the land owner,but tonight I never rang before jumping the boundary
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    If anything this thread has proven to me it's that a lot of you "jump the fence" and then wonder why you meet grumpy farmers at road ends
    The division between those of us that try and make a living from the land and the town people grows bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @BRADS, it is not just a country/town thing. Town people put up big fences and gates and close themselves off from the rest of the world. They don't talk to their neighbours; one thing the quakes down here has changed to a degree. The problem is more that there is a certain element in our society that just don't care about anyone else and know that at worst it will be the wet bus ticket if caught. They ruin it for the good country folk and the good town folk. Over the years I've done a lot of work on farms and know the story well from both sides.

If these bad elements were properly dealt with then we would likely see the rural areas opened up more. At the moment a lot of the farmers that in the past would allow access across their property have been burnt and have stopped the access in order to curtail the problems. The flip side is that the unformed public roads need to be sorted too, no one else is allowed to block off a public access just because the bad element have been using it too. We have an alleyway next to us too, ripping off fence palings, stealing stuff, chucking rubbish, hiding behind the garage drinking beer, tagging, ...
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    I have had permission before from the land owner,but tonight I never rang before jumping the boundary
    This exact scenario caused us a LOT of grief on one place. To the letter in fact.

I must get some shut eye before @BRADS wakes up
    gadgetman and BRADS like this.
    CFD

Ejected
    A lot of these issues seem like they could be solved with a box of beer?

yeah or just not poaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    Is it just me that thinks maybe WH hasnt read what Dundee wrote properly
    Forgotmaboltagain+1