Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Rookie mistakes!

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Fighting words alright! but they have to be shallow, I dont know if I can swim lol
    That leg drag you to the bottom or something?

Getting to my hunting spot with an hour walk in the dark and having a head torch that a candle could out shine, all good just went by feel!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    That leg drag you to the bottom or something?

Havent tried yet
    VIVA LA HOWA

If ya gunna go surfcasting off rocks in ya crocs, which is fine as they are the ultimate multi use footwear, dont be all cool and have ya heel strap up front like when ya cruisin through town. Put the flamin thing round ya heel. Climbing up the rocks on the way out, bait bucket in one hand, rod in the other, wet feet slip out of crocs grinding the underside of toes followed by a sweet face plant as hands were not available to break the fall.

I am now a much wiser croc wearer

Can't be that wise, you still wear crocs!!!
    @kokako haha
    kokako, Gapped axe, 308 and 2 others like this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Aly
    Always bring blister block ... like, always. Even if you have good boots. Especially if you go out with a group of people, one guy with sore feet can really slow you down.
    I always carry them in my first aid kit. I've hardly had to use them myself (fantastic boots) ... but I've had to hand a lot out to people wearing new boots/bad footwear to save them pain/speed them up on a trip.
    On my last 3-day trip into the mountains though... I had a sore toe and it felt like it was ridiculously swollen and I just thought it was from my wet socks. Didn't check my toes the whole trip haha, not even when changing socks. Got home to inspect in front of the shower - I had a blister that was, literally, bigger than the toe it was formed on. Hmmm rookie mistake - should've cranked out some blister block so it didn't get to that point! Holy heck it took a long time to drain that thing!

What is blister block? A bandage or an ointment?

I went hunting with a guy who had some of this fluffy white stuff for putting down ya boots to stop it rubbing, I don't suppose that's the same thing?

Aly
    Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post

I went hunting with a guy who had some of this fluffy white stuff for putting down ya boots to stop it rubbing, I don't suppose that's the same thing?
    That sounds interesting! Never heard of anything fluffy or white for stopping blisters, sounds like cotton haha.

Blister block is like a type of gel patch, you get them in different sizings for toes or the heel of your foot. Like a sticky patch - they stay on for ages and you leave them on. The gel protects the blisters from rubbing, but also act as a healing agent which cool down the hot blister! They feel so good when you've got them on haha, you can also wear them to blister-prone areas pre-blister.

Best brands are Band-Aid and Compeed, get them at the supermarket

Aly
    Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post

http://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/i...8%3A25%3A12+AM

Ive useed the band aid ones, works good

sturg4
    Don't sit on the old metal rubbish bins in the huts in your underpants. The cracks in the top can snap shut on one of your knackers when you try to stand up.
    veitnamcam, BRADS, Gibo and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Don't sit on the old metal rubbish bins in the huts in your underpants. The cracks in the top can snap shut on one of your knackers when you try to stand up.
    Nice to see you got your name fixed mate. Oh PS you just made me spit coffee at my screen
    BRADS likes this.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Nice to see you got your name fixed mate. Oh PS you just made me spit coffee at my screen
    I put a post up on here about 2 years ago about getting a knacker stuck in the rubbish tin lid 'Gibo' I thought I was going to be there until I was found and released by the next tramping party coming through.

By then I would have been hanging limply from the bin in a trench I had worn around it in the dirt floor.
    Toby, Scouser, Gibo and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Fuck me, just spat coffee all over my keyboard I'll bet your eyes were watering
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Fuck me, just spat coffee all over my keyboard I'll bet your eyes were watering
    It was a long time ago 'Mikee' but I still pucker up a bit when I see one of those old galvanised rubbish tins in a hut.

Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!