Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Rookie mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Sturgeon View Post
    Stay Cool... but that's not always easy.

-Snip-

MY only concern is what sort of storeys will we tell the next generation when we are you age?

Aly
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    MY only concern is what sort of storeys will we tell the next generation when we are you age?
    Hah I'm also concerned about how many from the next generation are going to be keen on the outdoors enough to tell stories to!
    Nick.m likes this.

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    Hah I'm also concerned about how many from the next generation are going to be keen on the outdoors enough to tell stories to!
    Once upon a time, in far off New Zealand they once had a great 'Outdoors'. Then despite all the best advice the world could offer them they embarked upon a program to drop from the air, on their forests and into their waterways, 86% of the Worlds annual production of a most potent pesticide/insecticide.
    veitnamcam, Toby and big_foot like this.

Once upon a time, in far off New Zealand they once had a great 'Outdoors'. Then despite all the best advice the world could offer them they embarked upon a program to drop from the air, on their forests and into their waterways, 86% of the Worlds annual production of a most potent pesticide/insecticide.
    And that is a crying shame
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    Wait till you read his books. recommended, they are available for free on the Forum libary
    You are never going to make your way into 'Heaven' telling big lies like this Gapped Axe. I am a bit shocked.

Graeme, sometimes they stand like this new foal in the pic and I think that some animals try to shadow themselves - could that contribute to seeing one when there's two?

and yes I know its a horse

Name:  Bike - Terawhiti - Horse and Foal.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  535.7 KB
    Scouser likes this.

Aly
    Yeah now that's one horror story to tell around the campfire....

Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    Graeme, sometimes they stand like this new foal in the pic and I think that some animals try to shadow themselves - could that contribute to seeing one when there's two?

and yes I know its a horse

Attachment 26946
    Yes 308 that is exactly how a yearling or a large fawn stands in front of its mother and I expect that was exactly how it was standing at the time of the shot. I had then eyes that could spot a gnat at 100 paces and don't forget we were both looking through our scopes. At this stage of the game I was pretty intent on putting my .243 bullets through the animals shoulder so that is where the scope was centred.

I offer this as evidence of what I am trying to explain. A film we were shown at Commercial Flying School showed how the proper thinking processes can be distorted by Stress, Fear, Excitement, Panic and other things I have probably forgotten. One was the
    "Friendship"?? that bounced off the top of a ridge on the top on top of the Ruahine's and kept flying. It is hard to believe that aircrew would allow themselves to become so distracted by a lesser problem that they allowed the aircraft to descend to such a level as to impact with the ground.

I wish I could remember the other example better but the gist of it was the aircraft had a serious problem. The pilot became that convinced that a particular unit on his console "Mixture Control"?? was to blame that he exerted so much strength he tore it right out.
    Tunnel vision?? this instrument actually had no connection with the major problem that was effecting the aircraft. Interesting the pilot had exerted such superhuman strength it had been believed before that it was impossible to do.

Not very good examples I am afraid nor probably a very accurate memory after so long.

Perhaps a better example , and it has been recorded more than once, that a man with buck fever or seeing a lion has ejected a full five rounds, one at a time out of his magazine and swore he had fired the lot.
    308 likes this.

I think I know what you mean - I once met a woman that told me that she knew it was a mistake as she was walking down the aisle but in a weird way she didn't want to disappoint the guests and cause a fuss. That's probably not an isolated case

The pilot one is good - I've seen people rushing around like headless chooks cos they want to be seen to be DOING SOMETHING. Stress is a funny bugger.

Looking again at the horse pic I could well imagine a headshot on the young'un on the way to mum's shoulder

great photo 308
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    Don't park your Hilux in front of the forestry gates@Pointer
    No, get your mate to park his one instead!

Great thread. Picked up afew things I will use on the next trip out.

C'mon @mucko.......now your here you might as well share

Tell ya what ill share one to break the ice,

Earlier in the year when I first got my truck and was that excited to get out to my spot that I grabbed the first bolt out of the box without even looking at it. Getting all my gear out at the carpark, pull the bolt out and oh f**k.....the P14 bolt aint gunna fit up the rem700's arse
    Dundee, Pengy and 308 like this.

I can soooo relate to that big foot
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

If you had put it back in after cleaning you wouldn't have this problem.
    ebf likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!