Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree271Likes

Thread: Police at it again

I have sent the following email to Stuart Nash at stuart.nash@parliament.govt.nz and
    stuart.nashmp@parliament.govt.nz
    Titled “NZ Police making their own laws”.
    I encourage everyone else to either copy this email and send it as your own or write something yourself and send it to our minister of police letting him know this is unacceptable.

Dear Minister of Police,

On Thursday morning the firearms community was made aware of a new NZ Police protocol/policy on preventing the legal importation of legal firearms parts by law abiding firearms owners.

If you are unaware of what protocol I am referring to please see the attached images.

This change is illegal. There is no law preventing the legal importation of firearms parts for semi-automatic firearms that are not specifically going to be fitted to an E-category firearms.

The law requires import permits for parts that are ONLY able to be fitted to a semi-automatic firearms AND have one of the following features; collapsible stock, high capacity magazine, bayonet lug, freestanding pistol grip or a flash suppressor, OR if the part is specifically imported to be fitted to an E-category firearms. Firearms licence holders are fit and proper people therefore should be trusted that if the part is intended for use on a restricted firearms they will apply for an import permit for that part.

Please note that parts that have a collapsible stock, high capacity magazine, bayonet lug, freestanding pistol grip or a flash suppressor, there are many different rifles that these parts can be fitted to that are not semi-automatic firearms so majority of these parts are not inherently E-category firearms parts.

As the minister of police and a member of the current government you have an obligation to prevent the mistreatment of law abiding citizens and have a duty of prevent firearms owners being mistreated. You also have a duty to ensure that the NZ Police are policing the law, not making their own law to police, this is not legal!

As you are now informed on how the NZ Police are not correctly policing the law and are stepping outside the duties they hold I expect that you will take the appropriate action to prevent the further exploitation of law abiding firearms owners.

Should you seek further information on what legally requires an import permit and what parts do not require such permits please refer to the Arms Act 1983 Section 16.

I look forward to hearing what action you are going to take to redress this issue.

Kind Regards,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    199p, Sasquatch, 300CALMAN and 3 others like this.

thats wheely onto it. I shall send one also.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I'm sure it is harder than I think too, BUT they chose to do it, I did not. I choose to be law abiding however
    You on just scrape in to that last sentence!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Good work @wheels , just the info needed to make a sensible request to the Minister, who will be hearing from me shortly (along with my local MP's).
    40mm and ChrisW like this.

Could this also be processed through a formal complaint to the Independent Police Conduct Authority? Independent of both Police and government sounds like a good thing!

https://www.ipca.govt.nz/

JWB
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Oli1102 View Post
    Could this also be processed through a formal complaint to the Independent Police Conduct Authority? Independent of both Police and government sounds like a good thing!

https://www.ipca.govt.nz/
    The word "independent", is one of those Wellington Bureaucrat in jokes. There is nothing independent about the complaints authority. It is a political appointment and he, or she will always find in favour of the police.
    rewa likes this.

gentlemen
    just idly cruising my new old urepowereds PC memory and bugger me heres this wee gem
    high cort of NZ
    palmerston nth registry
    CIV2009-454-473
    JUDGEMENT OF MALLON J

R LICOLN VS NZ POLICE

cast featuring in his oscar winning role GUNDOC

BRING IT UP AND PAY VERY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO PARA 10 concerning case law practical pistol shooting institute of NZvs commissioner of police

Got this back from Stuart Nash’s office this morning. I recommend bombarding his office with more emails so he understands that we won’t put up with being pushed around by police making their own rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    40mm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    The word "independent", is one of those Wellington Bureaucrat in jokes. There is nothing independent about the complaints authority. It is a political appointment and he, or she will always find in favour of the police.
    In situations like this that impact all f/a licence holders, emotive rubbish has no place. Save it for the retarded rugby or dog threads.

A 5 second search like ‘IPCA finds against police’ will show you are completely wrong.

Some of you guys need to get your emotions under control. You embarrass yourselves and other licence holders by extension by some of the content you post.
    Cyclops and Oli1102 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    In situations like this that impact all f/a licence holders, emotive rubbish has no place. Save it for the retarded rugby or dog threads.

A 5 second search like ‘IPCA finds against police’ will show you are completely wrong.

Some of you guys need to get your emotions under control. You embarrass yourselves and other licence holders by extension by some of the content you post.
    @Proudkiwi,

Good point re being too dismissive of the powers that be.

It is however difficult to confidently assert that IPCA is independent of Police based on it making findings against Police. Besides NZ being a small place, the IPCA itself does not investigate complaints but delegates investigations to serving cops, cop investigating cop.

Notwithstanding this, IPCA's lack of independence while unhelpful clearly does not necessarily impact on IPCA's sincerity.
    40mm and outlander like this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Is there something not quite right about putting the fox in the henhouse to count the chickens?
    outlander and rewa like this.

Interesting.

Tell me, how long did you serve in the police or on the authority?

Interesting.
    Tell me, how long did you serve in the police or on the authority?
    @Proudkiwi

Yeah, nah, you show us yours first. Really?
    40mm and outlander like this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Well I didnt serve on the authority but I certainly investigated other cops during my time.

Your posts come across as superficial to anyone that actually has any experience. Copy and pasting at its finest.

Feel free to not quote or reference my posts because I really don’t need the ‘support’

Back to my main point.

Rubbish/uninformed/emotive posts, exemplified by the ones above from JWB and Cordite embarrass us all. Please stop.
    Last edited by Proudkiwi; 21-07-2018 at 09:32 PM.

Well I didnt serve on the authority but I certainly investigated other cops during my time.

Your posts come across as superficial to anyone that actually has any experience. Copy and pasting at its finest.

Feel free to not quote or reference my posts because I really don’t need the ‘support’

Back to my main point.

Rubbish/uninformed/emotive posts, exemplified by the ones above froJWB and Cordite embarrass us all. Please stop.
    Why don't you elucidate us on what the process and how it is independent since we are obviously cynical and don't think it is. Rather than just saying stuff and not explaining it. Which is what you're complaining about.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
    rewa likes this.