Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Restrictions and conditions on an 'A' Category 50BMG?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Would you have an issue of them threatening to not approve somebodies security if they dont let them take the serial numbers?
    Not really. It doesn't affect me directly and I don't spend too much time worrying about things that don't affect me. It's bad for my ulcer.

If it happens to someone, then they can make a complaint to the PCA if they want. Not my concern.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    Not really. It doesn't affect me directly and I don't spend too much time worrying about things that don't affect me. It's bad for my ulcer.

If it happens to someone, then they can make a complaint to the PCA if they want. Not my concern.
    Your tickets for 80 kmh in a 100 kmh zone are going to be beautiful.
    GravelBen, 300CALMAN and Skatieguy like this.

You sound like the type of firearm user that would be happy to throw every member of every other shooting discipline but yours under the bus to save yourself.
    Last edited by stretch; 13-09-2016 at 10:57 PM.
    AzumitH, Beaker, Friwi and 5 others like this.

To spin it the other way, would you care about people refusing to provide serial numbers if it was a legal requirement?

You continue to only answer the part of questions that suit you, are you a politician? So I'll ask again more plainly - as a general principle, do you think its ok for the police to act outside the law in acquiring information about law abiding citizens? If yes, do you think its ok for them to act outside the law in other ways as well?
    Last edited by GravelBen; 13-09-2016 at 10:59 PM.
    Jexla likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    You sound like the type of firearm user that is happy to throw every member of every other shooting discipline but yours under the bus to save yourself.
    Where have I thrown any other member of any other shooting discipline under a bus to save myself.

Just because I don't need a Kalashnikov to shoot a deer or a goat doesn't mean I want to stop you using one if you want (I will still snigger though).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    To spin it the other way, would you care about people refusing to provide serial numbers if it was a legal requirement?
    No. Again it wouldn't concern me. Worrying about shit like that is bad for my ulcer and blood pressure.

Where have I thrown any other member of any other shooting discipline under a bus to save myself.

Just because I don't need a Kalashnikov to shoot a deer or a goat doesn't mean I want to stop you using one if you want (I will still snigger though).
    But would you care if the Police wanted to stop someone owning/using a 'Kalashnikov' for hunting or any other lawful purpose? (I'm assuming by 'Kalashnikov', you mean an a-cat semi-auto or MSSA from the AK family, and not the restricted full auto type)

If you don't care, then my statement stands, because it appears you are happy to sit by as the police make moves against other firearms users, outside what is permitted by law. Indifference = under-the-bus throwing.

If you DO care, then where do you draw the line on what unlawful actions by police, with regard to firearms users, are OK, and which are not?

:popcorn: damn emogy isn't working! I'm sitting back and watching the fight
    stretch and Hunter_killer like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Don't bother waiting up. I'm off to bed. Got to get up early tomorrow to go hunting.

No. Again it wouldn't concern me. Worrying about shit like that is bad for my ulcer and blood pressure.
    Trolling online is bad for blood pressure and ulcers - doesn't seem you have an issue with trolling though...

How do you think we should respond to your posting about shooting body armour?

I took some old body armour out to a farm a few years ago and shot it with a few different rifles. Why shouldn't I be able to post about it here?

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Nah but the one does lol.

Righto then well this is what happens when you.A) talk about wanting to get off a murder charge, B) appear to have no problem with how police act herby getting on your knees, opening wide and saying ;"please give me more" pertaining to a Police state.

That really worries me ya know.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post
    Righto then well this is what happens when you.A) talk about wanting to get off a murder charge, B) appear to have no problem with how police act herby getting on your knees, opening wide and saying ;"please give me more" pertaining to a Police state.

That really worries me ya know.
    I think most people reading this site would understand that my comments about serial numbers and getting off murder charges were a topical reference to Winders getting done for murder, in part from the cops having his serial numbers.

It worries me that people could read it any other way. Unless they have the reading level of a six year old.

Ahh, politician-class backtracking.
    Ryan and 308 like this.